To those women who "can compare": Please do. - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
1  2
The Case Against Circumcision > To those women who "can compare": Please do.
LavenderMae's Avatar LavenderMae 02:50 PM 03-08-2008
It's a fact that circumcision alters the natural state of intercourse/oral and manual as well. That doesn't mean sex with a circumcised man (or woman) can't be great but it is not how it was intended to be.
There does seem to be certain complications or negatives to sex with a circumcised man especially as a woman ages. I always just figured I was supposed to be sore and chapped after intercourse and it has only gotten worse as I've gotten older and had more children. My dh is not rough either(he knows I'm not a fan ). I do think it's because he's circumcised, I am almost 100% sure that's why.
Although I've never actually had the pleasure of being with an intact man I can kind of guess what the differences would be from knowing the functions of the foreskin ect.

This is only the physical aspect of sex and of course usually there's a lot more to it. But if the physical part is uncomfortable or plain ole hurts that will effect the whole thing.

Fi.'s Avatar Fi. 05:23 PM 03-08-2008
Quote:
I've never noticed a difference in taste during oral sex because all of my partners, intact or circ'd had proper hygiene.
Oh mine too, I was mentioning a taste difference mostly fresh out of the shower actually. A cut guy will tend to taste like whatever he washed with or whatever his boxers were washed in (I notice this is only if you get to him within a few hours of showering, otherwise he just tastes like skin) and I found that kind of odd.
jserral's Avatar jserral 07:04 PM 03-08-2008
Quote:
I guess I get kind of personally insulted with threads like these. Mostly because the undercurrent of the post is "uncut men will have better sex lives" which I disagree with. (obviously) I am circumcised, but I dont need lube to masturbate, and yes I may not be the fastest at climaxing, but I know my girlfriend would like it if I could last longer.
Main thing I wanted to touch on here was the last part. Of course, i dont mean for this to seem attacking, just my thoughts/experience. You say you dont need lube to masturbate, so I am assuming you have enough skin to slide over the head. I can do the same (with restoration), which is much better then having no sliding, but do you really think it wouldn't be better with the more nerve rich "elastic" skin hugging the head recieving pleasure of its own? That the head wouldn't be more receptive kept "fresh"? You/we may not know exactly how much differance there would be, but certainly better, right? Now, with lube and masturbation (holding shaftskin taught) it is a bit more comparable since you control the pressure and friction much easier then you can the "baggy" shaftskin circed guys like us have, but the same cant be said for sex, you can control thrusting, but not pressure, you cant "press" through the kernalization.

You also mention "time to orgasm", which is another thing you/we wont know the exact differance on, but I see it this way. Restoration has let me glimpse how more sensitivity doesn't mean faster orgasm, but instead more control and better orgasms. Also, when people mention the, I can last longer, thing I wonder if instead, more pleasure for her, is what they are REALLY looking for. That might not be your case since your skin is looser, but I am sure it is for many couples.

Some people mention experiences from guys circed as adults, but remember, a guy cut at 20 hasn't had his glans exposed for 20 years like a guy his same age cut as an infant. And depending on why the circumcision was done, there can be bias (hated foreskin), along with physical problems (phimosis, tight frenulum), that can screw with the experience.... just like various things can change the above pleasure experiences.

All that said though, I agree that sensitivity isn't my main concern with circumcision, however, to varying degrees it affects not only the guy, but also his partner.
ErinsJuneBug's Avatar ErinsJuneBug 07:23 PM 03-08-2008
The first guy i slept with was intact - although i did not realize, lol! He was unable to have sex without a condom because he foreskin pulled and hurt him. To this day i dont understand how and why this happened - but honest to goodness we tried and he needed the support of a condom to 'get in.'

DH is circ and it makes me sad =( he is a great partner and we have never had any problems sexually, it just makes me sad to see him with that red scar line.
Lorette's Avatar Lorette 08:03 PM 03-08-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jserral View Post
Also, when people mention the, I can last longer, thing I wonder if instead, more pleasure for her, is what they are REALLY looking for.
That is interesting. Maybe with the added benefit of the foreskin of her partner a woman might not need as long to achieve orgasm.

I never thought of it that way, but it very well might be true.
not now's Avatar not now 12:01 AM 03-09-2008
I've had both and can't tell a difference. The best sex I've ever had is with my current boyfriend and he's circ'ed. The worst sex I've ever had was circ'ed.
Sparks*'s Avatar Sparks* 12:08 AM 03-09-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinsJuneBug View Post

DH is circ and it makes me sad =( he is a great partner and we have never had any problems sexually, it just makes me sad to see him with that red scar line.
same here

he's in the process of restoring though! he already has full coverage over his glans after just 10 months! he wants to try to see if he can get it to hang a bit past his glans. Sorry if that's TMI I'm just so proud of him
littlemizflava's Avatar littlemizflava 12:37 AM 03-09-2008
agreed and because of this i cant be with a cut man again i just dont get aroused
angelcat's Avatar angelcat 01:20 AM 03-09-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by LavenderMae View Post
It's a fact that circumcision alters the natural state of intercourse/oral and manual as well. That doesn't mean sex with a circumcised man (or woman) can't be great but it is not how it was intended to be.
There does seem to be certain complications or negatives to sex with a circumcised man especially as a woman ages. I always just figured I was supposed to be sore and chapped after intercourse and it has only gotten worse as I've gotten older and had more children. My dh is not rough either(he knows I'm not a fan ). I do think it's because he's circumcised, I am almost 100% sure that's why.
Although I've never actually had the pleasure of being with an intact man I can kind of guess what the differences would be from knowing the functions of the foreskin ect.

This is only the physical aspect of sex and of course usually there's a lot more to it. But if the physical part is uncomfortable or plain ole hurts that will effect the whole thing.
I know a woman who has the same problems with sex as she ages, and her partner is intact.
thismama's Avatar thismama 01:27 AM 03-09-2008
My daughter's dad is gay and has been with a LOT of men, and he says there is a huge difference in sensitivity and responsiveness between circed and intact men - intact men are much more responsive and enjoy subtle stimulation more than circed men.
Mommiska's Avatar Mommiska 07:54 PM 03-09-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelcat View Post
I know a woman who has the same problems with sex as she ages, and her partner is intact.
I suspect that when women are post-menopausal, there might be some need for some additional lubrication, even if their partners are intact. But I don't think it is nearly as widespread or severe as in women who have cut partners.

I've talked about it with my Mom a bit. My Dad is intact, and she says they (now) need minimal lubrication (never needed it before the menopause), but that sex is never uncomfortable/painful.

This is in direct opposition to the stories I hear from my friends who are my age (in their 30's) and who need lubrication (and plenty of it) with their cut husbands, and who find that sex can be sore/uncomfortable (and consequently, they would just as soon give it a miss...).

Can't speak as a post-menopausal woman, but sex is never uncomfortable/painful/sore (my dh is intact), and we've never had to use artificial lubrication.

But aside from anecdotal evidence (which is all we can have, as no one has done any studies on this) - doesn't it stand to reason that cutting off part of the penis will negatively effect how the penis works?

Millions of years of evolution (or God, if you believe in special creation) designed the penis perfectly for its main function - sex and procreation. It's insane to mess with that - and there is no way you are going to come up with a penis that 'works better'. It might work well (especially for the 'luckier' cut guy who was left with more skin than your average cut guy), but it's never going to work the way it was intended to work, sadly.
angelcat's Avatar angelcat 09:37 PM 03-09-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommiska View Post
I suspect that when women are post-menopausal, there might be some need for some additional lubrication, even if their partners are intact. But I don't think it is nearly as widespread or severe as in women who have cut partners.

I've talked about it with my Mom a bit. My Dad is intact, and she says they (now) need minimal lubrication (never needed it before the menopause), but that sex is never uncomfortable/painful.

This is in direct opposition to the stories I hear from my friends who are my age (in their 30's) and who need lubrication (and plenty of it) with their cut husbands, and who find that sex can be sore/uncomfortable (and consequently, they would just as soon give it a miss...).

Can't speak as a post-menopausal woman, but sex is never uncomfortable/painful/sore (my dh is intact), and we've never had to use artificial lubrication.

But aside from anecdotal evidence (which is all we can have, as no one has done any studies on this) - doesn't it stand to reason that cutting off part of the penis will negatively effect how the penis works?

Millions of years of evolution (or God, if you believe in special creation) designed the penis perfectly for its main function - sex and procreation. It's insane to mess with that - and there is no way you are going to come up with a penis that 'works better'. It might work well (especially for the 'luckier' cut guy who was left with more skin than your average cut guy), but it's never going to work the way it was intended to work, sadly.

I just don't think it is fair to blame the guy. The woman I am talking about is unnable to have sex at all now, and as I said, her partner is intact. I think it's just part of aging.

And I've needed lube with intact guys.
LavenderMae's Avatar LavenderMae 09:53 PM 03-09-2008
I guess we can just keep on blaming the women (like that's a new concept) and just ignore the fact that male circumcision changes sexual intercourse and changes the penis in some profound ways. I don't blame circumcised men very few of them actually chose to be circumcised.
I am not close to being menopausal btw.
I am sure there are women who still have problems with soreness ect eventhough their partners are intact. A man being intact just assures that sex will be had as it was intended from a physical stand point (all other things equal or whatever).
Circumcision clearly changes the penis ,an integral part of it is missing afterall. That doesn't mean sex with a circumcised man can't be great.
This is a touchy topic obviously.
jserral's Avatar jserral 10:07 PM 03-09-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelcat View Post
I just don't think it is fair to blame the guy. The woman I am talking about is unnable to have sex at all now, and as I said, her partner is intact. I think it's just part of aging.

And I've needed lube with intact guys.
I dont think anyone is blaming the guy, just circumcision. Also, the blame isn't only put on that, it is also put on aging (not the woman). Both play a part in what others are talking about, and of course what exactly the problem is varies, some things may or may not apply.
dinahx's Avatar dinahx 10:12 PM 03-09-2008
I can only compare circed to 60% intact . . .

Comparing: Intact 100% hotter! Easier in terms of BJ, sexier and less painful in terms of abrasion. That's my take on it! Go foreskins!
homemademomma 10:32 PM 03-09-2008
my first sex partner was intact. i was young (14), but i remember it being pretty great. lol.

sorry not much help. but i have been an intactivist since i was 14! i remember having a heated conversation with a later boyfriend's dad (i was maybe 16 or 17?) about reasons not to circ.
phatchristy's Avatar phatchristy 11:44 PM 03-09-2008
There is a large difference in terms of sensitivity for the men, as well as the overall experience for the woman. Some of these differences you will not notice (as a woman) unless you are in a long term relationship with the person.

I can compare with the same man, tightly circ'd/loosely circ'd/semi-restored.

No question, the more skin the better. The man is more sensitive, easier to please, intercouse is noticably more comfortable/better feeling for me (as well as him). I don't get irritated like I used to, and the need for lube is dramatically reduced (likely if he was fully restored it would be eliminated...keep in mind I'm breastfeeding as well which can negatively impact lube).
CorasMama's Avatar CorasMama 06:45 AM 03-12-2008
(Hoping none of my former lovers read this)

I've faked it 99% of the time with the circed men I've been with. I never have to fake it with my wonderful, intact, dh. Ever!

I have had wonderful lovers who were circed, but honestly that was more technique than anything else. It feels like, though he has great technique, dh doesn't need as much technique or "tricks". It's just naturally wonderful!
1  2

Up