the coolest thing happened to me today! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-11-2003, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i was at work, and i was ringing up a pg customer. we were talking about due dates, etc, and she asked if I was planning to breastfeed. I said yes, and she told me she had something for me and she would be right back. I thought, "oh g*d, i hope she doesn't bring me a free sample of similac or something, LOL."

She comes back in with a magazine called "the compleat mother" and she told me it's a subscription only mag that's all about breastfeeding. She also wrote her name and number on the back and told me that i could call her anytime if i was having doubts or trouble with bf'ing, or if i wanted to talk about anything in the mag that interested me. I thanked her and she left.

So i take the mag with me on my break, and am browsing through it, when i realize there are like 5 anti-circ articles mixed with the other breastfeeding info! it was also all about the AP lifestyle and phylosophy. I was so happy to get this from another mom in my area, since most ppl here are mainstream. it was so cool. there was tons of references to NoCirc and attny's for the rights of the child, etc.

anyway, i wanted to share. I'm thinking of getting a bulk subscription so i can pass it out, too. What a great way to sneak some anti-circ info to a young mom!! HOORAY! I'm gonna call her and thank her again and let her know what great work she's doing giving this to new moms. How nice!!!

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 09-11-2003, 10:42 PM

That is awesome! How neat. Wonder if she is a mama on here! Now that would be trippy....
#3 of 7 Old 09-11-2003, 11:40 PM

Can you tell me the issue #?
I have a subscription and keep them all, and need to find one to give to a friend who just find out she's having a llittle guy...(ALWAYS my mainstream friends, I swear! )

Ilaria mamma to Owen, Caroline & Patrick .... loving life as expats in Asia intactlact.gifnovaxnocirc.gifuc.jpgnamaste.gif
#4 of 7 Old 09-11-2003, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter

it's issue #70, has a picture of a mom and her 3 kids on the cover, and she's bf'ing the little one.

HTH

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#5 of 7 Old 09-12-2003, 12:16 AM

Wow- that was very nice of he to do! Recently a friend gave me a bunch of back issues of Mothering to share and I really lucked out to get the issue with the Fleiss "protect" Article in it... WHOOHOO! I know you can order reprints online hre- but I don't do online ordering all that often- so I had put it off.

Compleat Has nice website with anti-circ info too...

http://www.compleatmother.com/circ.htm

Love Sarah
#6 of 7 Old 09-12-2003, 02:49 AM

The Compleat Mother magazine deserves some recognition towards my decision not to circ my last-born!! A friend at LLL gave me a few old issues of her own when I was pregnant and she knew I was nursing through my pregnancy. Although some people do find the mag radical and sometimes offensive, I enjoy radical. Especially when it causes me to think outside the box.

#7 of 7 Old 09-16-2003, 11:15 AM

I also love The Compleat Mother. I think it is a wonderful AP mag. Lots of good breastfeeding info and usually some anti-circ stuff too!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page