"The Joy of Being a Boy" (and THANK YOU!) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 03-12-2008, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thank you to everyone who's helped me find circumcision resources for *children*. I was wonderfully pointed to Elizabeth Noble's "The Joy of Being a Boy" and have spent the past 24 hours searching the web for a copy, but alas, I've had no luck.

Does anyone have a copy with which they wouldn't mind parting? I am willing to accept ANY copy in ANY condition! Please let me know if you are willing to sell your copy.
#2 of 10 Old 03-12-2008, 05:44 PM

Here is a place were you can order it from. http://www.sexuallymutilatedchild.org/noble.htm it is $8.00 and they have the address to get if from.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#3 of 10 Old 03-12-2008, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motherswork View Post
Thank you to everyone who's helped me find circumcision resources for *children*. I was wonderfully pointed to Elizabeth Noble's "The Joy of Being a Boy" and have spent the past 24 hours searching the web for a copy, but alas, I've had no luck.

Does anyone have a copy with which they wouldn't mind parting? I am willing to accept ANY copy in ANY condition! Please let me know if you are willing to sell your copy.
Sorry I didn't know it was out of print. I guess this means the Nobel's site doesn't actually have a copy, though they say it's available for 6$. I'll start poking around and see if I can pull anything up in terms of used book availability. Another possibility is to go to the county library and see if it can be obtained via an inter-library loan (provided they don't have the book themselves.) Some library somewhere has it on the shelf I am sure.
#4 of 10 Old 03-13-2008, 12:34 AM

I PM'd you. I found 4 copies total online and all were over $70. I'll be extremely sure to keep a lookout for this book from now on whenever I go to rummage or used-book sales!

mama to two girls and due in November!
: Circumcision can never be undone :
#5 of 10 Old 03-13-2008, 01:35 AM

: holy molie that much I guess I wont be getting that book for ds after all

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#6 of 10 Old 03-13-2008, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCatLvrMom2A&X View Post
: holy molie that much I guess I wont be getting that book for ds after all
Yep. I don't usually have that much trouble finding used or out-of-print books either so it's quite rare. Those prices and it's rarity definitely means it's time for a new edition! Maybe we could e-mail the author and ask whether a new edition is at least being considered and suggest that she consider it because there are several of us who would love to have a copy...

love and peace.

#7 of 10 Old 03-13-2008, 05:50 PM

I asked her about this a while back, its in an old thread somewhere.....
She does not have the original manuscript and because of that it cannot be printed again.

I think the only way to do it would be to have some one professionallly scan a good copy of the book and re create it, with her permission. Her contact information is available through her website. I was able to meet her as she was a panelist at Boston's BOLD play last September.

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#8 of 10 Old 03-13-2008, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessjgh1 View Post
I asked her about this a while back, its in an old thread somewhere.....
She does not have the original manuscript and because of that it cannot be printed again.

I think the only way to do it would be to have some one professionallly scan a good copy of the book and re create it, with her permission. Her contact information is available through her website. I was able to meet her as she was a panelist at Boston's BOLD play last September.

Jessica
That explains a lot and is too bad... thank you!

love and peace.

#9 of 10 Old 03-13-2008, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessjgh1 View Post
Jessica
Well if the OP doesn't pick up one of the available copies I will and see about doing a PDF version, with the author's permission of course. Alternatively, if Mrs. Nobel would be willing to allow such a distribution there may be no reason not to let google books do it: books.google.com I wonder if there is a way to submit such a thing to them.
#10 of 10 Old 03-14-2008, 04:34 AM

Elizabeth Noble is an ardent intactivist and an all around good woman.
You could contact her at
en(at)elizabethnoble.com

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page