bursting cysts under foreskin being painful - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-20-2008, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm asking this because i saw that a mom had left her son intact but he ended up circumcised because of many cysts filled with pus under foreskin stating they were painful so she circ'ed her 3 other boys because of what her first son went through.

I'm wondering if her first son could have had alot of smegma pearls I never seen smegma pearls so can they look like cysts and can intact boys have alot at once ?

I would assume the pus would actually be smegma discharge and I know pain varies with seperation trauma

I know there can be sebacous cysts and can they burst,disappear or need to be drained or can they be there for a long time if not bothering him ?
#2 of 4 Old 04-20-2008, 05:38 PM

You are right on, on all counts.
All of those things are normal or have conservative treatment available.

---feeling like an emu on acid---
#3 of 4 Old 04-20-2008, 10:42 PM

What he had may have been pearly penile papules. They have an appearance identical to whiteheads but are totally benign and require no treatment. I have never heard of them being painful either from first hand reports or from the medical literature.

Frank
#4 of 4 Old 04-20-2008, 11:49 PM

It could have been one of these since they can help with seperation I would imagine they could on occasion be associated with pain but only because they are in the area were seperation is going on. Part I bolded talks about that.

Preputial Cyst
There is also something called a Preputial Cyst that occurs on occasion. Sometimes known as a Keratin Pearl caused by dead skin cells accumulating under the top layer of skin on the glans. The appearance of swelling may occur sporadically as preputial cysts break through adhesions (push up against them) to allow separation of the prepuce, foreskin, from the glans. These whitish cysts are sometimes mistaken for pus due to infection, but they merely represent sterile collections of dead skin. It is a lot like a Smegma pearl but is not between the glans and foreskin but under the skin of the glans. In either case nothing special needs to be done.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page