I wasn't circumcised, now hear my trouble - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 48 Old 05-20-2008, 11:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessjgh1 View Post
I would never think of referring to an infants penis as ugly, except that a newly circumcised one is wounded- it doesn't look ugly, but just looks, well wounded, injured... words fail me.
how bout peeled carrot?
#32 of 48 Old 05-20-2008, 11:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Like a PP mentioned, yogurt can help. I've used yogurt a few times for myself and once hubby, who's intact, caught it off me - we were TTC so skipping a session wasn't really an option. I slathered yogurt on him a couple of times and it cleared up in two, maybe, three days.

And like others, I certainly wouldn't call an intact penis ugly but would agree that they have their advantages.

Mama to Blake, 5, and Grant, 3
ribbonpb.gif
#33 of 48 Old 05-20-2008, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perspective View Post
Actually I disagree. I found that comment very rude, hurtful, and the "dishrag" part quite disgusting. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, some people think circed penises look ugly, some think intact penises are ugly. Personally I feel all genitals (male and female) are not very attractive.

But the point is not what you find attractive, but its about being respectful of other people and their bodies. There is enough disrespect from the pro-circ side on the male body, lets not accept this kind of talk on our side.

I think one of the key principals of this forum should be to respect each others bodies, be they circumcised, intact, or female.
:

VERY well said, my friend.
#34 of 48 Old 05-20-2008, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Actually I disagree. I found that comment very rude, hurtful, and the "dishrag" part quite disgusting. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, some people think circed penises look ugly, some think intact penises are ugly. Personally I feel all genitals (male and female) are not very attractive.

But the point is not what you find attractive, but its about being respectful of other people and their bodies. There is enough disrespect from the pro-circ side on the male body, lets not accept this kind of talk on our side.

I think one of the key principals of this forum should be to respect each others bodies, be they circumcised, intact, or female.
I used the word dried out dishrag because that's exactly the image that comes to mind when I see pictures like this and this.

I personally don't have much invested in the attractiveness of penises. I'm more attracted to vaginas. But to say that a circ'd penis "looks better" or is "prettier" when it is (in general) scarred and dried out, doesn't really make much sense to me.

I don't call circ'd men's genitals "ugly" but I certainly don't praise them as being "pretty" or "not as ugly as uncircumcised penises," which is what was being said.
#35 of 48 Old 05-20-2008, 11:48 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by majazama View Post
how bout peeled carrot?
That is a very accurate description* of how my 3 day old nephew's penis looked.

*Description, not value judgment

Reneé, 34 year old mom to Antonin 8/04 and Arianna 9/06  (6 weeks) 5/08. Married to Matt since 6/03 .  
#36 of 48 Old 05-21-2008, 02:20 AM

Thank you for taking the time to post here and share your story. I just have one small detail to add...

My first son was circumcised (big mistake I regret every day); and guess what? As a baby, he suffered yeast infections on a regular basis. So circumcision doesn't prevent them either (in case anyone was thinking it might).

Again, thanks for sharing your story....and I wonder if you mightn't become a regular poster here, after all. Even if you just keep us in mind when you decide to become a parent, there's so much to be learned on these boards. The type of thinker you are (or at least from what I've gathered from your post), you'll probably find yourself feeling quite at home here; even if you don't have kids yet. I'll definitely be watching for you.

(PS: Might I suggest doing some research about the infection and possible treatments. Doctor's often jump quickly into a "solution" because it's easier - though, I'm sure you know that. I know I've seen more natural solutions to yeast infections on here; so poke around some. Also, I've never heard of using neosporin, but that doesn't mean anything besides that I haven't heard anything about it)

ETA: I just read through the replies here; and I think "uglier" isn't the proper term for how people feel about un-circ'd penises. It's "unusual"...and people don't like that, because they don't like change. But I second the notion that it feels better...there's no denying that whatsoever.

WARNING: The comments and opinions expressed above do not necessarily reflect those of the community in which I reside; or those of the internet parenting network.
#37 of 48 Old 05-21-2008, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Razzberri View Post
to add...

My first son was circumcised (big mistake I regret every day); and guess what? As a baby, he suffered yeast infections on a regular basis. So circumcision doesn't prevent them either (in case anyone was thinking it might).
One of my good friends' son was circumcised and he has had an infection on his penis for close to 6 months now. It simply won't go away. When the first doctor told her that it was possibly a yeast infection my friend was shocked. She thought that only girls got yeast infections!

But, yes...circumcised or intact...both penises are capable of becoming infected.
#38 of 48 Old 05-21-2008, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papai View Post
I used the word dried out dishrag because that's exactly the image that comes to mind when I see pictures like this and this.
I will admit that those penises look "dried out", (and quite overly scarred) all I can say about that is I am circumcised, and my genitals look a heck of a lot more moisturized then that, lol. Again, even if it did, thats not the point.

Quote:
I personally don't have much invested in the attractiveness of penises. I'm more attracted to vaginas. But to say that a circ'd penis "looks better" or is "prettier" when it is (in general) scarred and dried out, doesn't really make much sense to me.

I don't call circ'd men's genitals "ugly" but I certainly don't praise them as being "pretty" or "not as ugly as uncircumcised penises," which is what was being said.
No one is saying you need to find them pretty, heck if you want you can make a whole thread about how you dont think circed penises look pretty. (There are certainly enough people out there in America saying the same about intact penises)

The point is not your opinion on whats pretty. The point is that you compared circumcised penises to "a dishrag left to dry on the porch."

Maybe you just got a little carried away (we all do some times) but that kind of language is disrespectful and insulting, and if you dont understand that, you need to. Because I personally believe this movement is just as much about respecting the male body as it is about ending RIC.
#39 of 48 Old 05-21-2008, 02:57 AM

I guess since I am only used to see DS & DH's at this stage if I happen to see a circ'ed one it's on a child. And that just makes me sad to think what happened to them.
#40 of 48 Old 05-21-2008, 03:05 AM

I haven't read all the replies yet but next time try something like lotrimin. My ds got yeast infections all the time his first year (and he was circ'd btw so I don't see how circing would solve the problem anyways) and lotrimin always cured it right away.

I just don't understand why a doc would recommend circing in the first place. Circ'd guys get yeast infections too. I remember my first lover got a yeast infection from me and he was circ'd.

The more I think about it the more the doc sounds like a total quack. It's common sense to suggest an anti-fungal like nystatin or lotrimin for a yeast infection and it makes no sense to suggest a circ. I'd stay clear of that doc IMO.

Rachel, mom to Jake (5/04) and Alexia (7/07) a surprise UC thanks to hypnobabies!
#41 of 48 Old 05-21-2008, 10:01 AM

1. Has your partner shown signs/ been treated?
2. Never neosporin!! If anything, monistat..or if you need an anti-fungal that (I think) is a bit stronger.. clortrimizole - (over the counter)...

3.YOGURT!!! plain for application to the site (If mild- this may just do the trick)... and whatever flavor you like for eating...the acidolphilus helps....

ALSO.. along those lines...

try modifying your diet.. limit sugar.. which everything that we don't want thrives on...

good luck..

(and think about your neutral stance on circumcision.. I am not pro-circ or anti-circ for ADULTS...
but...
when it comes to our smallest citizens and their inherent right to bodily sovereignty... I do not support, and am MILITANTLY AGAINST FORCED body modification!!) You might just make a difference in a little ones' life if you stop teetering on that fence (and I'm sure you actually just did by sharing your post!!)

Cheers! -
#42 of 48 Old 05-21-2008, 04:11 PM

I remember the one time I had a skin yeast rash (under the bra strap). I went to my gp, had no idea what was going on there*. Showed it to him, told him that I'd been putting neosporin and hydrocortisone on it. He groaned. "You're feeding it!" he told me and gave me the Rx stuff.

*I had had a lesser case years ago and went to a different gp at that time. That quack told me that I was allergic to the elastic in my bra.
#43 of 48 Old 05-21-2008, 06:12 PM

One time, I got a fungal infection in my armpit. True story. It wasnt pretty.

Cari-mama to Eriq, Lile, Paikea, Kaidyn, and Mieke is here!! 2/9/10
#44 of 48 Old 05-21-2008, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaDude View Post
What a vivid and accurate picture you paint with words, Papai.
Quote:

Point taken.

I had edited my comment about five times before I posted, but clearly I should have gone for the all-important sixth edit to make it read "What a vivid and in some cases accurate picture you paint with words".

You see, I was intimately involved with someone for whom the "dishrag" comment was unflatteringly apt; If ever there was a man who would benefit dramatically from the glans dekeratinization that is one of the tangible results of foreskin restoration, it was him. I tried to broach the subject of foreskin restoration with him, but he found the very idea of such a thing hysterically funny and flatly refused to take me seriously. You can lead a horse to water...

My humblest apologies if I offended you or anyone else, Perspective.
#45 of 48 Old 05-22-2008, 12:11 AM

I'm glad you are feeling better and didn't let them pressure you into getting circumcised. I appreciate the no neosporin tip,my son is intact and I was pressured by the doctor to have him cut during my whole pregnancy,up until he was a month old. Every visit. I was told yeast infections are a big problem with intact men.
#46 of 48 Old 05-22-2008, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaDude View Post
Point taken.

I had edited my comment about five times before I posted, but clearly I should have gone for the all-important sixth edit to make it read "What a vivid and in some cases accurate picture you paint with words".

You see, I was intimately involved with someone for whom the "dishrag" comment was unflatteringly apt; If ever there was a man who would benefit dramatically from the glans dekeratinization that is one of the tangible results of foreskin restoration, it was him. I tried to broach the subject of foreskin restoration with him, but he found the very idea of such a thing hysterically funny and flatly refused to take me seriously. You can lead a horse to water...

My humblest apologies if I offended you or anyone else, Perspective.
Thanks, that really means a lot.
#47 of 48 Old 05-22-2008, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplestraws View Post
...She thought that only girls got yeast infections...
You can count me in on that one too. I had no idea boys could get them either until DS did. My first reaction actually was that I was embarrassed because I didn't realize it was a common thing, and I thought that somehow it was my fault (like; maybe I 'gave it to him' when he was born or something crazy like that! : ) In my defense; my family is largely made up of girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreskin friendly View Post
...Has your partner shown signs/ been treated?...
Yes, this. But even if your partner is NOT showing signs, they should be treated too. They can simply 'hold' the bacteria without getting infected; and keep re-infecting you.

WARNING: The comments and opinions expressed above do not necessarily reflect those of the community in which I reside; or those of the internet parenting network.
#48 of 48 Old 05-22-2008, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelltrue View Post
I wouldn't trade my foreskin for the world. My girlfriends (more than 8 at this point) whom I have had sex with, mind you, all agree:
It looks uglier but feels better.
~J
Thanks for your post. I'm married to an intact man and I have to say - and NOT just to be nice - I find an intact one WAAAAAAAY more attractive.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page