S/O of a S/O Do you consider RIC sexual abuse? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Do you consider RIC sexual abuse?
Yes, even though it is legal it is clearly an abuse against an innocent person. 133 74.72%
No, I don't think it's abusive because it is legal. 6 3.37%
No, I wouldn't consider it abusive even if it were illegal. 29 16.29%
I'm not sure and would like to explain in a post. 10 5.62%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 129 Old 05-25-2008, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitful womb View Post
Imagine someone bigger and stronger than you. He is taking your close off. You're naked. Then this stranger straps you down to a board with your legs spread apart then he ties down so you cannot move.

Try really hard to picture this.

Then your arms are spread apart. He ties them down too. You're protesting for him to stop. He doesn't stop.

This stranger takes a blunt probe and inserts it under your finger nail and separates each one from the fingers then he peels them off the finger. Yes, the finger nails because an infants foreskin is bonded to the glans like the finger nail is to the finger. Its designed to protect the meatus (pee hole) from urine and feces.

Next, he places a jaw like clamp to your clitoris, retracts your clitoral hood, replaces the hood over the instrument and then he clamps the instrument shut. Waits, for about 20 minutes because the tissue has to rot off before he can actually cut away your foreskin.

You're in agony. You thrash and buck down on the board that you're strapped down to. You're screaming to be let go but the man doesn't understand you. You're screaming so hard that you choke on your own vomit.

In the mean time, this stranger cauterizes your labia minora while saying "Ahh thats going to look so nice and pretty now." You go into complete shock.

He makes the final cut to amputate what was once a very healthy functional sexual organ, your foreskin. Then you pass out.

All for what? It was completely unnecessary. You might have a lower chance of labial adhesions or decrease the severity of a yeast infection, and limit your chances of bacterial overgrowth, you'll be aesthetically pleasing to those who have a fetish for a reduced genitalia and you could last longer in bed because well, with your calloused unprotected clitoris, you won't be as sensitive.

Was it worth it? Even if you don't remember it you'll have the scars to remind you of your sexual violation for the rest of your life.

Its violating another persons sex organs. So, yes its sexual abuse. The perpetrator is the Circumciser (or dya for FGM) who know better than to amputate normal healthy body parts on a non-consenting person. They really do know its wrong. Its covered in medical school. This criminal is getting 'off' on his evil deeds because he gets a reward every time he preforms a circumcision. He/she gets paid and thats fuel for this fire.

Just so you know, the skin of an Infant is super hyper-sensitive. They can feel pain far greater than adults.
Absolutely

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post
I think the reason some men do not consider it abuse is because:

a) they do not remeber it. I am sure if this happened to them at 14 they would darn well considr it abuse!!!

b) they do not want to consider it abuse - and done by those who they love and love them. It is too painful. I think what Sammy JR said was spot on.
ITA with this.

I have read of cases where an infant was sexually abused. It was obviously illegal and considered even more heinous because the child was so young, even thought the child would obviously not remember it as an adult.

So the fact that many men who are circumcised do not think they were abused is really not valid. As babies, they screamed for it to stop. That makes it abuse.

Homeschooling mom of 2 rambunctious, loving, spectacular boys, wife to an incredible man who has been my best friend on this journey <3

#122 of 129 Old 05-25-2008, 03:08 PM

....and i want to be clear. When I said some men may not consider it abuse because they do not remeber it....that is not a justification!!! It may be part of the rationalisation parents and circ people tell themselves to make it OK...But it is not ok for so, so many reasons

Rosedotcom - I do think if your brother circs his son, but is unwilling to have himself circ-ed he should ask himself why. Please note I am not saying your brother is a bad man - but I think with such decisions, if you are not willing to do it to yourself - you need to ask yourself why?

I also (gently) wonder why you are here? Are you just trying to stir the pot? Or is there something you are trying to work your head around with circumscision ? Because if you were genuinely 100% pro-circ - you would not be here. I know this is an anti-circ board, but if you had concerns - I would try to answer them or give a POV to the best of my ability (within the bounds of the UA and without thread jacking, of course

Kathy

Kathy
#123 of 129 Old 05-25-2008, 06:42 PM

Question for those who don't consider it sexual abuse:

Change the gender.

When a infant, toddler, or adolescent girl is restrained by family members, legs held apart, and has her sex organs surgically altered, while she's conscious, screaming, trying to get away is what's happening to her---the loss of healthy, normal, functional, erogenously sensitive tissue---an abuse of her body, rights, and sexuality?

Does whether it's sexual abuse depend on whether the (usually female) family members restraining her and witnessing the event, or the lay person/midwife doing the cutting were getting wet or having orgasms...or is the violation, suffering, and damage enough?

Why is it so hard to call an apple an apple?

Jen
#124 of 129 Old 05-25-2008, 06:46 PM

pdx., thank you for all of your posts.

I get upset by all of this, and it's hard to articulate what I need to say sometimes.

knit.gifMama to reading.gif  and  babygirl.gif
#125 of 129 Old 05-25-2008, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
pdx., thank you for all of your posts.

I get upset by all of this, and it's hard to articulate what I need to say sometimes.
You're welcome, and I can certainly empathize with your frustration. It seems so blatantly, tragically obvious doesn't it?

Jen
#126 of 129 Old 05-25-2008, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx.mothernurture View Post
You're welcome, and I can certainly empathize with your frustration. It seems so blatantly, tragically obvious doesn't it?

Jen
Yes!

knit.gifMama to reading.gif  and  babygirl.gif
#127 of 129 Old 05-26-2008, 11:22 AM

15% of people have voted even if it were illegal they still wouldn't see it as abusive. What a shame that some can't see the obvious. Is it lack of knowledge about the normal male anatomy? Lack of empathy and compassion for the baby boy? Is the cultural conditioning just too strong to see past? Is it denial because your son/s are circumcised and the truth is too painful? Is it because your partner is circumcised and you just can't view him as being abused or lacking? Is it because your mother and father had your brother/s circumcised and you can't see them as doing something abusive? Can you not look at the act seperate from the ones doing it?

Yes, I'm having a hard time understanding why rational (I'm assuming the 15% are rational people) people could not see that removing a healthy and functional part of a baby's genitals in a very painful and unnecessary way is not abuse. if your changed the body part to a toe I'm sure 100% here would call it abuse. Change it to any other body part beside the foreskin and it would be considered abuse. Change the infant to a girl and it would be considered abuse.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#128 of 129 Old 05-26-2008, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Part of the problem is my fault, I should have chosen the poll option to make votes public. I'm sure at least some of that 15% are the pro-circ lurkers who sit on this website.

Reneé, 34 year old mom to Antonin 8/04 and Arianna 9/06  (6 weeks) 5/08. Married to Matt since 6/03 .  
#129 of 129 Old 05-26-2008, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoninBeGonin View Post
Part of the problem is my fault, I should have chosen the poll option to make votes public. I'm sure at least some of that 15% are the pro-circ lurkers who sit on this website.

And perhaps some who see it as a tradition and those who use cultural relatavism as an excuse to allow barbaric traditions, male circumcision being the sacred cow of that to many.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page