Uncircumcised celebrities... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 08-14-2008, 12:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by papercranegirl View Post

(ETAA: I'm leaving the dancing broccoli, even though it looks highly inappropriate now in this context. Think regular old boring Broccoli. Heck, think Cauliflower...anything other than that list...)
:
#32 of 36 Old 08-14-2008, 02:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Dedee Pfeiffer, Michelle's sister, is an outspoken Intactivist! :

She was on an epsiode of 'Politically Incorrect With Bill Maher' when the topic went to circumcision discussion and she mentioned the human rights violation it is.

I hope she had some influence on her sister and brother David E. Kelley if they were unsure about circ.

Also, actor Kyra Sedgwick is anti-circ. Her husband Kevin Bacon is very clearly circ'd (the movie 'Wild Things').
#33 of 36 Old 08-14-2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Nurse View Post
Welcome to the forum, CaptainBryce!
Thanks! I'm not a mother (I'm a guy), but I have one who was against circumcision apparently!
#34 of 36 Old 08-14-2008, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anony View Post
Im pretty sure Harry was left intact too. I don't think she was as perfect as everyone has made it her out to be, but Diana deserves major credit for being strong enough to buck royal tradition (going back almost 150 years) in favour of the social norm, which in England had become to leave intact.
I thought Prince Charles was intact too. I would think the list had more to do with confirmation of intactness than being a fully inclusive list. I'm sure many people both famous and not don't show there penises or discuss them in public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandgeek View Post
Unless you can see the scar or discoloration typical of a circ, I would assume intact. Some men just have short foreskins.
DS has a short foreskin with no over hang, his pediatrician forgot he was intact one time when she had just gotten back from maternity leave.

Timmy's Mommy WARNINGyslexic typing with help of preschooler, beware of typos
#35 of 36 Old 08-14-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eepster View Post
I thought Prince Charles was intact too. I would think the list had more to do with confirmation of intactness than being a fully inclusive list. I'm sure many people both famous and not don't show there penises or discuss them in public.
Nope -- He's definitely circ'ed. It was done by the most prominent mohel in London at the time because they wanted someone very experienced.
#36 of 36 Old 08-14-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eepster View Post

DS has a short foreskin with no over hang, his pediatrician forgot he was intact one time when she had just gotten back from maternity leave.
Charles is most definitely not intact. Dating back to Queen Victoria, it has been customary for royals to be circumcised. At first, it was a Victorian-era mentality about how it cured this and that, was much cleaner, etc. Eventually it just became custom, even when circ fell out of favour in the UK. This downward trend eventually affected the royal family when Diana, not being rooted in such traditions, refused to let her sons be cut according to the wishes of their father and grandparents. Hopefully that spells the end of the circumcision custom amongst members of the royal family as well. There'd probably be a lot of head scratching if William or Harry ever revived the outdated practice considering they're intact like 95%+ of British men their age.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page