I'm expecting a boy, and it's very important that he look like his . . . - Mothering Forums
The Case Against Circumcision > I'm expecting a boy, and it's very important that he look like his . . .
jonathonsmom's Avatar jonathonsmom 12:04 PM 10-29-2003
brother!!

Yipee! The cycle is broken! I absolutely can't circ my baby who is due in December because he would look different from his brother. Since I went against all that is good and decent (according to Schoen et al) with the first, I have to do the same with any future boys. When you come right down to it, who is more likely to compare, brothers or fathers and sons? So, now I have my "excuse" in case there is any flack. I don't anticipate any, as there hasn't been for ds. This of course, doesn't mean that if your first son or sons are circed that you have to circ the others, for goodness sake. I am just enjoying using the matching logic in support of keeping someone intact!

I am so happy I followed my instincts with my first. Of course, watching the video was all the convincing dh and I needed that those instincts were correct.

Dawn, mom to beautiful, intact Jonathon and baby brother due 12/14/2003

Xenogenesis's Avatar Xenogenesis 02:08 PM 10-29-2003
Whoa!

I was just getting ready to settle into a "one intact, one not" answer of some sort.

Good For You!!
Gitti's Avatar Gitti 09:26 PM 10-29-2003
[B]brother!!

Yep! I agree! They must look alike!

Frankly Speaking's Avatar Frankly Speaking 10:06 PM 10-29-2003
Dawn, you lil' devil! You had me going there for a moment! You were having great fun when you did that, weren't you!

Frank
jonathonsmom's Avatar jonathonsmom 10:33 PM 10-29-2003
Frank,

Yes, I had great fun composing the post. I figured it would catch some people off guard expecting the same tired old argument. I really liked putting the new spin on it though. Hey, we all have to get our jollies somehow, right? At least you were happy with what you read in the post!

Dawn
Xenogenesis's Avatar Xenogenesis 01:19 AM 11-02-2003
Quote:
Originally posted by jonathonsmom
At least you were happy with what you read in the post!
Most Certainly!!
Up