I just wanted to share my experience. We just had our 2nd boy. We wanted to wait to find out what the sex was. Dh really thought it was going to be a girl so when I broached the subject of circumcision (ds#1 was circ'd) and brought up the info that I had he relented, OK I'll leave the decision up to you.
I then found myself torn having the whole decision on me. I know now that there's no good reason to circ but I felt like since dh and ds#1 were that those were compelling enough reasons and don't want him to suffer any sense of "differentness" b/c of my decision for him.
However, when Wes was born I just couldn't do it. He had been poked and prodded enough that doing that to him just seemed so _wrong_ and unnecessary. We had thought that we could have it done afterward anyway at the Dr.'s office so didn't worry about it too much. However the last few hours I was there I found out that our Dr. doesn't do it and we would have to have a moyle do it after our hospital stay. Dh wasn't there and my midwife was leaving the decision up to me. I'm so glad dh wasn't there, i talked over my concerns with my midwife and then finally just said, "no, i don't want it done." As soon as I said that she told me she had 2 intact boys and went over ever concern I had and reiterated that they were fine.
It's funny b/c I felt torn at the time but as soon as I decided to not, I felt so good about my decision and feel better and better every day. Our ped. came to do a home visit 2 days after we were home (she's boycotting the hospital we delivered at) and she was so happy to see that he wasn't. I feel like if he ever does want to be circ'd that we would support his decision but it's best to leave that decision up to him. Also living in the DC area there's atleast 50% who are intact, what if being circ'd (which I highly suspect it will be) becomes not the norm? THen what options does he have? Now my hardest trial will be telling our first why he was circ'd.