Just letting you know..... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-06-2003, 12:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Speech was a hit. People were really interested and had a lot of questions. Of course, there was one idiot who went off on the whole,"I don't want my son looking at me in the shower one day and wondering why he's different." Yada, yada. But, I thought you'd all like to know it went well and definately made a lot of people think.

Megan
#2 of 8 Old 11-06-2003, 03:02 AM

That's Wonderful!!

Too bad about the guy with the bad circ . . .
#3 of 8 Old 11-06-2003, 08:21 AM

That's great! I think with circumcision, once you just get people to question the idea itself, that's often all it takes for them to realize how awful it really is.

Good for your husband!
#4 of 8 Old 11-06-2003, 10:35 AM

High Five! Great for you guys! I am really happy that you #1 did it... and #2 got a great response! I think the mor you talk about it, the easier it will be in the future. I hope you get lots of opportunity.

Love Sarah
#5 of 8 Old 11-06-2003, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Of course, there was one idiot who went off on the whole,"I don't want my son looking at me in the shower one day and wondering why he's different."
That one always gets me. I would so much rather have the conversation about what we learned and why we made that decision with my son than mutilate him for that reason. (not that I have a boy yet ) Plus, there is the whole argument about noses and feet not looking the same, so why worry so much about penises? So frustrating.

Sounds like a great speech. I'm always happily surprised when men take this type of issue for a classroom assignment. Just yesterday, my brother called me and asked me about breastfeeding; he's doing a paper for an anatomy/physiology class. That's so cool.

R~mama to 3

#6 of 8 Old 11-06-2003, 09:35 PM

To the whole comment about I don't want my son looking at me in the shower and wondering why we are different. My FIL is Intact and my DH is circed and until we were working out our decision for our DS my DH did not even know his dad was intact. I was the one to tell him! Obviously this was no big deal in their home because no one made it a big deal! Unfortunately they were talked into circing my DH by a Dr. His mom regrets not doing what she felt was right.

Megan
#7 of 8 Old 11-06-2003, 09:37 PM

To what age would this guy be showering with his son?

Too bad he feels so self-conscious about his anatomy. Maybe suppressed memories . . . any son is unlikely to be conducting a highly detailed inspection.

The younger male is much more likely to notice what other four or five year old boys notice about their male parent.

Hair and Size.
#8 of 8 Old 11-11-2003, 12:47 AM

What he's really thinking is he doesn't want to look at his son's penis and be reminded of what's wrong with his own.

-Alice, SAHM to dd (2001) and ds (2004) each of whom was a homebirth.jpg, who each self-weaned at 4.5 years bfolderchild.gif, who both fambedsingle2.gif'd, who were bothcd.gif, and both: novaxnocirc.gif.   Also, gd.gif, and goorganic.jpg!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page