Mothering Forum banner

dvd case + foreskin = ouch!

734 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Gitti 
#1 ·
ok, my sweet boy (2 yrs) did the unthinkable... he accidentally closed a dvd case on his foreskin. he was sitting right next to me & immediately began to holler. he pulled it off the end before i could open it to remove it gently, so he was left with 2 little cuts. (the way he screamed made me thankful he wasn't circ'ed, not that i would do that) well, he's been diaper-free most of the day at home for weeks. he only wears a diaper when we go out & at night. yet, despite all the fresh air & stuff, the cuts turned to scabs, which turned to what looked like early scars (dh says boys like scars) but have now become blisters! what the heck is going on? i've never seen anything like it. my friend asked me if i've been keeping it clean & i have, for the most part. i don't wipe it after every diaper because it hurt him to touch it, but now i will. the blisters are white with red edges & look like they're getting bigger. advice, please? we don't have insurance to see a doctor & if i can treat it at home, i'd prefer that. thanks.

#2 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sewathomemama View Post
ok, my sweet boy (2 yrs) did the unthinkable... he accidentally closed a dvd case on his foreskin. he was sitting right next to me & immediately began to holler. he pulled it off the end before i could open it to remove it gently, so he was left with 2 little cuts. (the way he screamed made me thankful he wasn't circ'ed, not that i would do that) well, he's been diaper-free most of the day at home for weeks. he only wears a diaper when we go out & at night. yet, despite all the fresh air & stuff, the cuts turned to scabs, which turned to what looked like early scars (dh says boys like scars) but have now become blisters! what the heck is going on? i've never seen anything like it. my friend asked me if i've been keeping it clean & i have, for the most part. i don't wipe it after every diaper because it hurt him to touch it, but now i will. the blisters are white with red edges & look like they're getting bigger. advice, please? we don't have insurance to see a doctor & if i can treat it at home, i'd prefer that. thanks.
My ds has scratched himself when he grabed his penis during a diaper change. I take care to keep his fingernails short but regardless, he can be vicious so I encourage him not to grab himself. Anyways, he had open wounds from the scratches. I used simple A&D ointment on him. I generously apply this ointment on his area. It works.

Keep us updated. I hope he feels better soon.

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sewathomemama View Post
what is A&D ointment? is bacitracin the same thing? cuz that's what i've put on it a few times, but i mostly just leave it alone. i put some baby carrot diaper rash ointment on it once, as a barrier, but otherwise, he's naked.
http://www.drugstore.com/qxp13119_33...re_formula.htm

I've tried tea tree oil on my intact ds2 when he was still in diapers and he had a really bad reaction to it. It turned his rash into blisters. It was way too strong for him.

Now, I do use it as a wipe solution diluted in water. I mix a few drops of lavender and a few drops of tea tree into warm water. The tea tree is anti-bacterial and the lavender is anti-fungal.

I highly recomend the A&D ointment. It'll act as a barrier to protect the wound as it tries to heal.

ETA: A&D is easy to find in any drug store or grocery store under the baby section next to the disposable diapers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.