If this is not a human rights violation, I don't know what is.(pictures)*GRAPHIC* - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 65 Old 05-01-2009, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by haroldpapa View Post
Something deep inside me went weak and I remembered the pain of my own circumcision though I was just an infant. I want to take him up in my arms and hold him with all my love and compassion.
When were you circumcised and why did you do it?
#62 of 65 Old 05-01-2009, 08:33 PM

OMG how sickening

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#63 of 65 Old 05-02-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perspective View Post
When were you circumcised and why did you do it?
He said he was an infant.
#64 of 65 Old 05-02-2009, 11:50 AM

When I look at the image of the boy being physically held down, hands (probably family members) pinning each of his limbs, with his head arched back in a scream...it really just echoes the photos of newborns helplessly strapped to circumstraints. It's the same, regardless of the child's age or gender or place of birth.

How culture and tradition-blinded can people-parents especially-be to participate in such violation?

Who are people kidding when they try to justify it by saying, "He won't remember it?"

There is energy in every person, every thing, and every act. I'm actually more concerned about memories and trauma future adults can't identify or "name" than I am about clear memories they can more easily acknowledge and work through.
#65 of 65 Old 05-02-2009, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx.mothernurture View Post
He said he was an infant.
Yeah, I guess I thought I misunderstood him.

Haroldpapa- I don't mean to be offensive or rude (I obviously never would with a subject so close to me as this). I am circumcised as well, and with that I ask you, how is it that you can remember the pain of your circumcision? Some people have good memories, but all the way to infancy is seemingly superhuman.

And I dont say any of this to you in a mean way, because it does not matter what we remember or not. What happened to us was morally wrong, it went against our human rights. We never need to provide justification for it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page