How far do you take it, with your pro-circ DH? Am I over the top? Crazy? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 124 Old 05-03-2011, 07:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I always think the same thing jenP.  When people say they would pay. I just don't get it.

Wife to DH, Mom to my Intact Boys DS1: Born 02 Pain Med Free Hospital Birth, BF'ed for 9 Months, Partially Vax'd DS2: Born 06 via UC, BF'ed 3 years 10 months, and UnVax'd
#122 of 124 Old 05-03-2011, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenP View Post

I am always surprised at the number of people here who say they are against circ because it takes away a personal choice, and that if their son, when of age, decides he wants to have it done, they will fully support him and pay for it. This just blows my mind. Would they also support their daughter who wanted a labioplasy or a clitoridectomy? Son or daughter, I would be very sad if they wanted to radically alter their perfectly normal genitals. I would feel I had failed as a parent to instill in them pride and happiness with their normal bodies. I would feel the same if they wanted to get ANY kind of radical cosmetic surgery, but especially radical genital surgery, because it affects not just looks but FUNCTION. I would support their right as an adult to choose; however, I would not be in favor of the choice they were making. Not that I would go around nagging them about it; it IS their choice, but I wouldn't be "supporting" that choice and I CERTAINLY would not pay for it! Search around the net for "extreme body modifications." How many of these would you PAY for your child to have done to his/her body?

Well, for people who prefer men to be circumcised (for religion?) but just don't want to impugn their kid's human rights, it makes sense.

Personally, I'd be equally supportive regardless of the child's sex--which means give them moral support but not money.

#123 of 124 Old 05-03-2011, 10:30 PM

I would leave any man who insisted that I mutilate my child in any fashion. That is NOT the action of a loving father....that is the act of a closed-minded child who can't face his own demons and needs to desperately. He has NO RIGHT to alter his son's penis, end of story. I would absolutely divorce my husband if need be.
#124 of 124 Old 05-04-2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMum View Post

I would leave any man who insisted that I mutilate my child in any fashion. That is NOT the action of a loving father....that is the act of a closed-minded child who can't face his own demons and needs to desperately. He has NO RIGHT to alter his son's penis, end of story. I would absolutely divorce my husband if need be.

What is to stop him from taking your son and having it done behind your back during visitation?  (The same response I give to people who say:  my husband insists on spanking, CIO, etc.)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page