"stuck" foreskin - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-08-2004, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ds first retracted his foreskin when he was just over two. I never tried to retract it myself until about a month ago, which didn't work very well! what i have now noticed is that his foreskin is "stuck" to part of the head, not the frenulum but the bottom of the larger part, on the underside (sorry i can't remember the term). i have retracted it to check for fungal buildup to see if he needs to clean it. the part that is "stuck" seems to be painful for him. i don't know if it has always been stuck but he never complained of pain before. actually, when he first learned to pop it out at two, he masturbated constantly for months. he plays with himself very little now, even though it has never been discouraged. i wonder if this will cause him problems with his sex life if it stays stuck, or if it will make him "extra" sensitive (as uncird men tend to be anyway). I had a brief lover who was uncird but his foreskin would not retract, it was still attached at the frenulum but the top still poked out. i thought this was a "problem" and that it would be easier for the penis to get infected. he was very sensitive and did not like to be stroked, though i guess he could do it himself and not hurt.
sorry that this message sounds rambling and not well thought out. my mama brain is a bit soft right now.
#2 of 9 Old 02-08-2004, 01:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Mama2Lennon
or if it will make him "extra" sensitive (as uncird men tend to be anyway).
Sorry I don't have much information for your specific question. But I wanted to point out that intact boys/men are exactly the way they are supposed to be--they are not "extra" anything. It's only because circ'd men are LESS sensitive that the contrast becomes noticeable.

Why are you checking for "fungal buildup"? Would you routinely check a daughter for that? :
#3 of 9 Old 02-08-2004, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

i agree that uncut men are not "extra" sensitive ... I had not had previous experience with them and was used to men who needed and wanted rough handling.

about the fungal buildup ... ds does get a white ring, that smells like fungus, though not a "bad" smell, the same that i get over the top of my clitoris and that my current uncut partner gets under his foreskin. i wasn't randomly checking for it, but uncut penis' do need to be cleaned underneath, once the foreskin retracts.
don't they? i'm not be anal or overcautious, ds bathes less than once a week!
#4 of 9 Old 02-08-2004, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mama2Lennon
I never tried to retract it myself until about a month ago, which didn't work very well! what i have now noticed is that his foreskin is "stuck" to part of the head, not the frenulum but the bottom of the larger part, on the underside (sorry i can't remember the term). i have retracted it to check for fungal buildup to see if he needs to clean it. the part that is "stuck" seems to be painful for him.
You should not be retracting it. It's normal for it to still be adhered to the glans.

Answers To Your Questions About Your Young Son's Intact Penis
#5 of 9 Old 02-08-2004, 11:35 PM

Your son is very young for his foreskin to be completely detached. So, I am assuming that it is partially detached and will in time detach all they way. That usually doesn't happen until a boy is about 5 or older. By the time he is a teen ager it will more than likely be completely separated.

For now leave it alone. When your son wants to play with his penis, let him. If not, don't encourage him. Only he knows when it is the right time.

As for cleaning, no parent needs to clean under the foreskin especially not in a child that young. The penis should be left alone by anyone other than the child.

When he is a teenager he will have to clean underneath the foreskin and he will do it then all on his own.

For now, cleaning will cause more problem than it will prevent.

Here is a great link that explains about how unnecessary it is to clean a child's penis.

Care before and after puberty...
http://www.cirp.org/library/hygiene/
#6 of 9 Old 02-09-2004, 09:33 AM

There is absolutely no reason to clean inside the foreskin until the boy reaches puberty and starts producing testosterone and gonadotrophins and all that is needed then is rinsing with clear water. Many men prefer to use soap and if they do, they need to rinse carefully and completely as the soap residue can be irritating.

Intact men don't care for direct stimulation of the glans because it is indeed more sensitive and direct stimulation can either overstimulate them or can be painful. It's just like most women don't like direct stimulation of their clitoris. Consider the parallels there!

There is also the misconception that intact men are too sensitive. That is sooooo totally not true. Circumcised men have only one sensitivity and that is the sensitivity of the glans. Intact men have the sensitivity of the frenulum, the sensitivity of the frenar band and the sensitivity of the inner mucosal foreskin in addition to the sensitivity of the glans. Consider your sense of taste to understand the comparison. If you did something to someone's sense of taste that was the equivalent of infant circumcision, they may be left with only the ability to taste salt and they would be hypersensitive to salty tastes. They may even seek out foods with high salt contents to stimulate those sensitivities. However, an intact man would have what would be classified as "extra" sensitivities and if it were the norm to destroy most of the sense of taste, may even be considered to have too much sensitivity to taste. However, what he would be experiencing would be a complete range of different but separate taste sensitivities that all combine to a seamless whole of the gastronomical experience. There are many different sensitivities of the intact penis that combine to provide a complete sexual experience. Intact men do not have too much sensitivity, just many more different kinds of sexual sensitivity.

Frank
#7 of 9 Old 02-09-2004, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter

thank you for all the info ladies!
i hadn't tried to retract the foreskin because ds usually does it himself. when he's in the bath i just ask him to pop it out and let it float around in the water for a moment. i'm glad to know that i don't need to worry too much about cleanliness. it is pretty much retracted, there is just a little bit that is still attached to the bottom of the glans. i thought he was young (less than 2 1/2) to have a retracted foreskin but he discovered it himself and i was quite shocked the first time i noticed! i had never seen the head exposed and all i saw was a red mushroom out of the corner of my eye and thought he was hurt! i realized what had happened and told him to just continue on. lol! he must have always known not to retract too far down and so he never hurt himself. i am not very skilled at retracting so i never bothered and now, i won't bother again. he can take matters in to his own hands!
thanks again!
#8 of 9 Old 02-10-2004, 02:23 AM

I used to have the same thing. Happened about when i was ten. I thought i had a problem or something, but i didn't. Then one day i just noticed it wasn't stuck anymore. Doubt this helps but what the hell. Just to let you know i had the same thing, and i turned out alright.
#9 of 9 Old 02-10-2004, 09:42 AM

Eric:

Your experience is fairly common. I know another man who experienced the same thing and he was 19 years old. It happens when it happens. There is no "correct" time and there is no schedule.

Frank

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page