looking for more info.... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-11-2004, 03:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My first boy is due April 16. I've been reading on this quite a bit, but there are some things I still want to know (not to make the final decision - we are leaving him intact - but just to know and share with people if need be).

I know religious issues are not battled out here, but I would like to know more about what the bible says about it all. If anyone has a link to some great info, I'd appreciate it

I'm also interested in what the history of circing is, like for what reasons people did it. I don't have much faith in doctors, never have. I'm a psych student, and it amazes me that people once thought bloodletting and drilling holes in peoples heads "cured" them. I'm curious to see what reasons there were for starting circs.

Any other good sites you can recommend would be great too!
#2 of 4 Old 02-11-2004, 09:50 AM

Jodi-

If your question is related to christianity, I would be happy to send you a PM with some of my ideas about how circumcision and christianity apply to the "new covenant", and I can also give you some web refrences. I won't be able to do it till later, so just tell me if that is what your question relates to.

I used to live in Europe and I assure you- they are totally comfortable theologicly with their intact penises. The christians who brought christianity to the Americas were also intact- for several CENTURIES before circumcision was introduced here. It's like circumcision took a big nap for almost 2000 years, then a few quacks get it going here and suddenly all the christians are looking to the bible hoping their circumcisions are somehow more meaningful- when they, as the bible verse says, ARE NOTHING.

Love Sarah
#3 of 4 Old 02-11-2004, 09:52 AM

http://www.cirp.org/library/history/gollaher/

for the history, try this article... there is a book by this same author that I highly recomend.

Love Sarah
#4 of 4 Old 02-12-2004, 12:32 AM

Nothing to add, just wanted to say Congrats on your baby!
And thank you for doing research and choosing to leave your babe intact. He'll thank you later.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page