Hospital Solicitation, take two - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
View Poll Results: I have an intact son and....
I was asked only one time at the hospital if he would be circumcised 48 26.37%
I was asked multiple times, but more as an informational rather than pressure thing 40 21.98%
I was repeatedly asked and put pressure on to have it done 8 4.40%
I was never asked at all--it was just assumed that it wouldn't be done unless parents requested it 27 14.84%
I had a homebirth or birth center birth and was asked once, solely for care informational purposes 23 12.64%
I had a homebirth or birth center birth, and midwifes asked repeatedly or applied pressure 0 0%
I had a homebirth or birth center birth and was never asked at all about circ 21 11.54%
You made tons of options and still left out my situation 15 8.24%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 64 Old 11-11-2009, 05:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I was asked about 4 times in the hospital, since it's so rare to leave them intact they wanted to make sure they were completely sure I wasn't getting it done. Wouldn't want to miss part of their job

My homebirth, the MW asked once verbally and once in her paperwork prenatally, providing lots of anti circ info in her info package.
#62 of 64 Old 11-13-2009, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I voted that we were asked, and I *think* we were, once for both boys, just as a 'hey are you circing? - oh cool, thats fine' sort of thing... but its possible we weren't even asked and it was just assumed we weren't. I'm pretty sure my mw with DS2 asked towards the end of my pregnancy just as info for my/his chart, but I'm not sure that the other mw for Ds1 ever asked us...
#63 of 64 Old 11-13-2009, 05:57 PM

i laugh bc our son is intact and the hospital ped. sent us a bill for a circumcision. i called and clarified everything. i'm glad insurance wouldn't cover this elective surgery, but i think it's funny that they sent us a bill for a surgery that wasn't even preformed.

Angel (30), dh (31) (kd to H. 4/25/07 & K. 5/23/11), Vladimir 10/17/09 & Nikolai 7/6/11

#64 of 64 Old 11-13-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astar326 View Post
i laugh bc our son is intact and the hospital ped. sent us a bill for a circumcision. i called and clarified everything. i'm glad insurance wouldn't cover this elective surgery, but i think it's funny that they sent us a bill for a surgery that wasn't even preformed.
At least they took it off and you didn't end up dealing with collection agencies! But, yeah. It is still unfortunately common enough that if you have a boy, then the bean-counters assume it was done. (Heck, I'll pay the doc more to NOT do it ).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page