Comments from family- - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 12-26-2009, 09:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My son is lucky to have a mom blessed with an obsession with researching and an unbearably thick headed, stubborn nature. lol My older sister is the only person I know that backed me up, and didn't give me flack when it got out that we would not be circumcising ds...and not because she agreed with me, but was in the process of trying to repair our relationship before I started producing the next generation of the family. lol

I educated the ones that were open to being educated. The persistent ones I would just wear my feelings on my sleeve with. "Ya, mom, it's really creepy and gross to want your grandson to have cosmetic surgery on his genitals because of YOUR sexual preferences." eeewwww....Laugh openly at the really obviously ridiculous straws they sometimes grasp at. And as far as it ever got was for me to tell a couple people something to the effect of, "You might want to cover up. Your ignorance is showing again....We're getting past the point of embarrassed to know you. If you don't either learn to read or to close your mouth once in a while, I'll be too mortified to associate with you anymore." My brother and I didn't talk to each other for a while during my pregnancy, at my insistence, but he eventually laid off. Ds is 11 now and has a close relationship w my bro, with no weird pressure even when "boy" issues come up between them. My bro is one of the few people brave enough to test boundaries with me. lol We're much alike in our temperaments.

Affordable organics delivered from GREEN POLKADOT BOX

Wife to jammin.gif Beast 

Mama to guitar.gif Crash (14) and hippie.gifSpritely (12)

#32 of 37 Old 12-27-2009, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire and Boys View Post
I used to get a LOT of UTIs when we were TTC. Going to the bathroom after sex helped me as well.

Oh and my partner is circumcised so that didn't help us much
Same here. If I was pro-circ and DH was intact, I could certainly use that as an argument to try to prove my point and convince people to circ Some people just get UTI's more than others.

dd1 4/7/05 dd2 8/22/07 and b/g twins born 5/23/10
#33 of 37 Old 12-27-2009, 03:02 PM

My DH is intact and I was getting UTI's. It wasn't until I read on here on MDC that I should pee after sex that I stopped getting them. It's been a few years now since my last one and I used to get them about 2-3 times a year. Such a simple thing our mothers should have told us.

Wife to DH, Mom to my Intact Boys DS1: Born 02 Pain Med Free Hospital Birth, BF'ed for 9 Months, Partially Vax'd DS2: Born 06 via UC, BF'ed 3 years 10 months, and UnVax'd
#34 of 37 Old 12-30-2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momasana View Post
Whenever I hear stories of adult men wishing they were circ'd I like to point out that they perform them on adult men, not just babies, so if it were something they wanted to do they should schedule an appointment/consultation.
Exactly. I once had pregnant clients who were trying to decide about circ'ing their expected baby. The dad was intact, and said he had always heard it was better to be circ'ed, and wished he had been. I told him "happily" that he still could be! In fact, I said, he could have it done without anesthetic, as a way of trying out in advance what he would be putting his infant son through.
#35 of 37 Old 12-30-2009, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabadger View Post
Exactly. I once had pregnant clients who were trying to decide about circ'ing their expected baby. The dad was intact, and said he had always heard it was better to be circ'ed, and wished he had been. I told him "happily" that he still could be! In fact, I said, he could have it done without anesthetic, as a way of trying out in advance what he would be putting his infant son through.
and how did this end? if you know, that is.

sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.
#36 of 37 Old 12-30-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama24-7 View Post
and how did this end? if you know, that is.
Unfortunately, I don't know. I lost touch with them before the birth. Let's hope.
#37 of 37 Old 01-02-2010, 10:57 PM

As a former RN, it is no harder to catheterize an intact man than a cut man. To state otherwise is absolutely ridiculous.

OB RN, partner tobikenew.gif and mama to jog.gif (2008, 31 weeker) and babygirl.gif (2011) vbac.gif femalesling.GIF   novaxnocirc.gif  cd.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page