Partly Private - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-04-2010, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone seen the film Partly Private? I understand it deals with the question of circumcision, and that it apparently has been well-received by critics at film festivals. What's the scoop?
Thanks!
#2 of 9 Old 02-04-2010, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I read about it when it debuted at the film festival but I've never been able to find it online. NetFlix does not have it either. I'd love to see it if I can ever find it!
I'm going to tell you right now that if anybody discusses the premise of the movie in any sort of depth here, the thread will get locked.

Mom &  RN   intactivist.gif
Pardon the typos - CWOK (cat walking on keyboard)   signcirc1.gif

#3 of 9 Old 02-04-2010, 11:09 PM

How in the hail is this thread still open?! You dared to question TPTB!
#4 of 9 Old 02-04-2010, 11:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanity rules View Post
Has anyone seen the film Partly Private? I understand it deals with the question of circumcision, and that it apparently has been well-received by critics at film festivals. What's the scoop?
Thanks!
i looked it up & after reading the review, i don't think i could stomach it. the little baby i accidentally saw being circ'd when researching this over the summer still screams in my head.

sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.
#5 of 9 Old 02-04-2010, 11:38 PM

Here's a link to the film's website. You can see the trailer and several clips there as well as download the press kit which includes a synopsis.

There's also a link for "sales" under the contact tab, but I don't know if that's for individual copies or public performance or both?

Amy loving DH 5/04, raising DD 2/05 and DS 11/09; missing my mom& my babies 6/07, 12/07; and on the side
#6 of 9 Old 02-05-2010, 01:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusBirthMama View Post
How in the hail is this thread still open?! You dared to question TPTB!
Hehehe! No, I'm not questioning TPTB, just suggesting it's highly likely the thread will go bye-bye if it's discussed in detailed. I just thought I'd mention what I did so the OP doesn't come back tomorrow looking for info about her movie only to find a locked thread. It's my own special way of being helpful!

I actually read several interviews with the mom of the movie and she sounds very interesting. I hope I get to watch it one day.

Mom &  RN   intactivist.gif
Pardon the typos - CWOK (cat walking on keyboard)   signcirc1.gif

#7 of 9 Old 02-05-2010, 09:30 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Nurse View Post
Hehehe! No, I'm not questioning TPTB, just suggesting it's highly likely the thread will go bye-bye if it's discussed in detailed. I just thought I'd mention what I did so the OP doesn't come back tomorrow looking for info about her movie only to find a locked thread. It's my own special way of being helpful!

I actually read several interviews with the mom of the movie and she sounds very interesting. I hope I get to watch it one day.
Thank you!

#8 of 9 Old 02-11-2010, 05:41 PM

Has anyone seen the movie here?
I get (and agree and am respectful for the reasons) that we can't discuss it much, but it would be helpful to know just a little more like- 'it was good but I wish it had ended differently' or 'I really liked it and liked the ending' or something!!! Or maybe if there are many different endings since it might be about more than one family (it is kinda hard to tell from the synopsis and I dont' have time for more stuff till later) that you think it will be a good tool for intactavists or not??
Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#9 of 9 Old 02-11-2010, 07:52 PM
KGB

I just watched the preview. It looks funny but a bit rough around the edges. Netflix has it in it's database:

Partly Private
Average rating: 3.133
Documentary

But right now the availability is set as "Unknown." I spoke to a Netflix Rep and he did a search for it on Amazon.com, IMDB, and some other site and couldn't find any reference for it. So since it hasn't hit any of the mainstream retailers yet, they're not carrying it.

It looks like the only way to view it is to purchase it from the director's site.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page