Botched Circumcisions - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 02-24-2010, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAmma View Post
A boyfriend I had when I was younger had a crooked penis and had to have surgery to reopen his urethra. He was very self-concious about it. Sad.
Yep. This is exactly what happened to my friend's son: crooked penis and too small/closing urethra.

I just wish more people knew about this. So many mothers/parents circumcise just absolutely blindly, thinking their husbands, boyfriends, fathers, brothers, etc have all had it done, so it must not be a big deal. Of course not too many men want to bring up the topic that something is wrong with their penises, so I think this topic stays underground a lot of the time.
#32 of 33 Old 02-24-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisou View Post
Another boy, who is three, actually had his urethra close due to scar tissue from the circumcision and had to have the urethra widened and his penis straightened because the circumcision also caused some problems with curvature of the penis.
This is what happened to my DH too, only he had to have a new urethra "made" at age 5 He remembers it

The first circ I saw at work was botched pretty bad.

CPST & mom

#33 of 33 Old 02-25-2010, 04:46 PM

I am adopted. My adoptive father was unable to father his own biological children due to a botched circumcision. No surprise - he's supportive of our choice not to circ.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page