Toodler Genital Averssion ( sorry for spelling:) ) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-21-2010, 02:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
PLEASE tell me as a link on this, a good medical one. A women I know ( notice NOT friend!) has a toddler that for a few monthes FREAKS about diaper changes and complains of penile pain. THere is no infection, did a UA, that was clean, doc ( who is also who we use I know for a FACT is VERY anti circ ) told her it was a behavioural prob, which I believe, but my GUT is telling me it is circ related and would LOVE to bust that out on her... ANY ideas?

Living DAIRY AND GLUTEN FREE for my SPD and Aspergers Little Man.
#2 of 9 Old 02-21-2010, 03:02 AM

Saw this on new posts.....ummm. Why would you LOVE to bust that out on her? What's that going to help?

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#3 of 9 Old 02-21-2010, 07:10 AM
tlh

Here you go

"This study prospectively documents the incidence of penile inflammation in a consecutive sample of boys according to circumcision status whose visit with the physician included a genital examination in a private primary care pediatric practice in rural northern Wisconsin. Penile inflammation was more common in circumcised than noncircumcised boys, especially in the first 3 years of life (exact odds ratio, 8.01, 95% confidence interval, 31-329.15). When adjusted for the number of genital examinations and age younger than 3 years, exact logistic regression found an adjusted exact odds ratio of 7.91 (95% confidence interval, 1.76-77.66). The study found that rather than protecting against penile inflammation, neonatal circumcision increases the risk of penile inflammation, particularly in boys younger than 3 years old."

http://cpj.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/46/4/329
#4 of 9 Old 02-22-2010, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

I would love to bust it out on her because she has been VERY dergratory to me about my sons and there intactness and my intactivism, very pro circ. Also to show her that there ARE complications from it and that it very well good be her sons problem and to get him the help he really needs

I know I have seen a study about how toddlers go through an aversion to anyone or anything near there genitels when nothing is wrong because of circ trauma. Just lost alot of links when my pc crashed.

#5 of 9 Old 02-23-2010, 03:01 AM

Any child who has adhesions after a circumcision and has had those adhesions ripped apart has to connect pain with his penis. It's illogical that he wouldn't. But logic has never played into the issue of circumcision now has it?

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
#6 of 9 Old 02-23-2010, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

What I am looking for is info on toddlers with a aversion to his groin area. Physically, he his "fine". But FREAKS when you go to change him, says his penis hurts. I swear it is a psychological issue pertaining to his circ. I understand some kids don't do well with diap changes, my boy is one. But this boy FREAKS about being touched saying it hurts or its going to hurt.

#7 of 9 Old 02-23-2010, 01:54 PM
KGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppyFluffer View Post
But logic has never played into the issue of circumcision now has it?
Indeed.

Facts can be disproved, and theories based on them will yield in time to rational arguments and proof that they don't work. But myth has its own furious, inherent reason-to-be because it is tied to desire. Prove it false a hundred times, and it will still endure because it is true as an expression of feeling.... It is illogical---or at least, pre-logical; but from this very fact it gains a certain strength: logic may disprove it, but it will not kill it. -Elizabeth Janeway
#8 of 9 Old 02-23-2010, 02:01 PM
KGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamastePlatypus View Post
What I am looking for is info on toddlers with a aversion to his groin area. Physically, he his "fine". But FREAKS when you go to change him, says his penis hurts. I swear it is a psychological issue pertaining to his circ. I understand some kids don't do well with diap changes, my boy is one. But this boy FREAKS about being touched saying it hurts or its going to hurt.
It could be from the exposed glans sticking to his diapers previously. Or the common recommendation from doctors to continually retract what's left of the foreskin at each diaper change to discourage adhesion. This can cause pain and bleeding and would make me do everything possible to keep my diaper on if I was that kid. I could see how it may develop a negative association with diaper changes.

I think most if not all instructions on how to care for a circ'd penis will say to forcefully retract at each diaper change. Obviously they won't tell you how painful it is for the child, but that part should be common sense.
#9 of 9 Old 02-23-2010, 05:41 PM

Just a friendly mod reminder that folks respect the TCAC forum guidelines when posting here. Particularly these sections:

Quote:
It is our wish that The Case Against Circumcision be an informative and welcoming space for those who are new to the subject of circumcision. This is not a space to bash others. In an effort to minimize language which might alienate those seeking information, we are cautious about using pejorative terms such as abuse, barbarism, mutilation, etc. when routinely discussing circumcision. Let the facts speak for themselves.
and

Quote:
Mothering questions routine medical circumcision and advocates for informed consent. TCAC hosts discussion of the reasons to avoid circumcision, the history of the procedure, medical issues and studies, complications, the needs and rights of the child, care of the intact child's penis and other educational topics. We are not interested in hosting discussion on merits of routine infant medical circumcision.
Don't hesitate to get in touch with a moderator or the administrator (Georgia) if you have questions about these or other TCAC policies.

As you were.

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page