Post here if you've NEVER had a problem... - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 280 Old 10-01-2011, 11:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This post has been removed due to privacy reasons.

#242 of 280 Old 10-01-2011, 04:37 PM

Congratulations....so glad to hear that!!!! I really hate it when people cave to cutting when there is family pressure.

#243 of 280 Old 10-02-2011, 02:47 PM

I can't imagine regrets for not circ'ing, considering it is still an option for any one who wasn't and they are free to make that decision.  When people are adults, they might not like any number of things about their bodies, and if they choose, they can alter it any way they so choose (circ, penile implants, labiaplasty, butt implants, breast implants, nose jobs, chest implants, etc. etc.)  That is why it is the only right decision..... to give that decision to the individual who wants the altering.  However many people do regret not having the money to do any of those things, but that is no one else's fault.

#244 of 280 Old 10-09-2011, 09:18 AM

I usually feel uncomfortable discussing my son's privates but - yes.  He never had a problem.  He is almost 16.  Not the slightest issue.

When he was young, I didn't have a lot of information around me about intact boys, as he was one of the only ones I'd ever seen, and I used to worry about infections and retract and clean him *winces from the memory*.  After he cried so much from that, after a time I stopped, feeling that couldn't be the right thing to do with him being so upset about it.  Later I found that is correct.  But even retracting it a bit didn't do more than irritate him slightly as I was doing it. 

He never went to daycare.

#245 of 280 Old 08-15-2012, 09:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Just wanted to bump this up again!

#246 of 280 Old 08-20-2012, 05:44 AM

I should say that I was very surprised when I saw that circumcision is so common in US. As we live in Europe, circumcision is very rare and infant routine circumcision doesn't even exist. Men and little boys don't have any problems with it. 

Mom to DD 15/07/2007 and DD 19/07/2013
#247 of 280 Old 08-23-2012, 02:13 PM

Nope, in my country(scotland) intact is the norm. My oh is whole and i have 2 boys also they are almost  6 and 4 and have never had any issues at all thumb.gif

#248 of 280 Old 08-23-2012, 04:54 PM

No problem. Nada. None.
#249 of 280 Old 08-27-2012, 07:03 PM

My son is 2.5 years old and we've never had a problem. 

Mama to DS REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(March 2010) and DD  baby.gif  (June 2012)

#250 of 280 Old 08-27-2012, 09:02 PM

My husband is 26 and has never had a problem. My son is 18 months and has never had a problem. I'm 25 and I've had more problems than any male in my household has. winky.gif I managed to solve them without cutting parts of my genitals off though.

Storm Bride, Brendalee and mare54 like this.

Breastfeeding, Cloth-Diapering, Co-Sleeping, Babywearing Mama to a Sweet Little Boy slingboy.gif

#251 of 280 Old 08-29-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyName View Post

. I'm 25 and I've had more problems than any male in my household has. winky.gif I managed to solve them without cutting parts of my genitals off though.

Hah, sounds about right!

My son is 7 and has never had a problem.  He doesn't fully retract yet, but his pediatrician (who won't touch anything, just asks him how things are going down there) is not concerned in the least and says that he's progressing normally. 

My son's father is 35 and has never had a problem

His grandfather is....jeez, 60?  And never had a problem and openly discusses it as much as we don't want to hear it.

My brother - at least in his childhood years (he wouldn't DARE discuss it with me now) has never had a problem.

#252 of 280 Old 08-30-2012, 05:46 AM

4 years and no regrets

><> Mom to superhero.gif (6) hearts.gif (4) energy.gif (2) and baby.gif (born March!)
#253 of 280 Old 08-30-2012, 10:10 AM

DH is 26 and never had a problem.  DS is 12mo and no problems so far. 

DH is from a country that doesn't routinely circumcised and he's never heard of anyone having problems b/c they weren't circed.  You'd think that if being intact routinely led to serious problems it would be more widely known in such countries.

Brendalee and mare54 like this.

Wife to DH from Mexico, and mother to DD (01/10); DS (09/11); and one on the way (03 or 04/14)  buddamomimg1.png

#254 of 280 Old 08-30-2012, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_gooseberry View Post

DH is from a country that doesn't routinely circumcised and he's never heard of anyone having problems b/c they weren't circed.  You'd think that if being intact routinely led to serious problems it would be more widely known in such countries.

DH is also from a country that doesn't circumcise, and he said the same. Problems are not the norm!

homebirth.jpg intactlact.gif love of DH and mama to DS born 1/12

#255 of 280 Old 08-31-2012, 03:09 AM

Hi

I dont know any man or boy who has been circumsized (perhaps because i am in the UK). I have only ever heard of one problem which was n a boyfriend who had tenderness retracting foreskin at the age of 16 he was told by his doctor that they didnt worry until he was closer to 20 and that it would resolve itself - and it did. Other than that I have never heard of any issues at all.

I also have never heard of any special care instructions, I just put my son in the bath the same as my daughters it has never occured to me to do any special care of his penis at all not has he ever been seen by a doctor.

#256 of 280 Old 08-31-2012, 05:28 AM

My son is 10, and no issues. Pretty sure it retracts, but I haven't been checking. Sometimes I wonder if the ones who retract easily had/have more "playtime" when little..lol
Mine had plenty of bath time, and alone time/naked time. He didn't keep his hands off it from ages 1-4...lol
#257 of 280 Old 08-31-2012, 05:59 PM

I'm glad to hear you have a perfectly normal boy!

#258 of 280 Old 11-10-2012, 09:33 AM

My (almost) 6 year old has never had a problem with his foreskin. It does balloon up when he pees but that is normal and does not cause any issues for him. He had a UTI once when he was 3 yo but that could happen to a circumcised boy or a girl so I don't consider that to have anything to do with his foreskin. I think it mainly had to do with him holding in his pee because he didn't want to stop playing and go to the bathroom haha. My partner is circumcised and was really concerned about leaving DS intact at first but now he agrees it's the right thing to do since there have been no actual problems. I would never circumcise without a valid medical reason.

Mom to a bright & energetic 6 y.o. boy  blahblah.gif   With my sweetie for 10 years now  blowkiss.gif  Registered nurse  caffix.gif

#259 of 280 Old 11-19-2012, 02:05 PM

I think I might have posted in this thread somewhere, but I'm not willing to dig through and see. lol Ds is 14 now. We've never had problems, but we've had a little excitement a couple times. 

The first was when he was a toddler and xh used dishsoap as bubble bath. Ds's foreskin was inflamed, but even the pro-circ pediatrician didn't claim circ would have changed anything. lol

The second was when he was 8 and said ped was feeling particularly frustrated that there hadn't been any issues with ds's genitals. We went in for a camp check up, and he forcibly retracted ds's not entirely retractable foreskin so hard and fast that he tore ds's frenulum!!! Then tried to claim it wouldn't have happened if he was circ'd. >=/ Ds made a full recovery, though, not to worry. 

Now, he's homeschooled but taking classes part time at the high school, including PE. He plays sports, camps out with boy scouts, goes on leadership excursions with 4H where he shares hotel rooms with other boys, etc. etc. etc.. No one has ever had anything negative to say (some curiosity, some jealousy, some harmless "boy" antics, mostly disinterest), and he's never had any infections or issues with his genitals...unlike his feet!!!! (Good thing we don't see that ped anymore. He'd have had them amputated by now, for sure!!! lol)

Affordable organics delivered from GREEN POLKADOT BOX

Wife to jammin.gif Beast 

Mama to guitar.gif Crash (14) and hippie.gifSpritely (12)

#260 of 280 Old 11-24-2012, 09:36 PM

DS is five and we've never had any problems.

#261 of 280 Old 12-17-2012, 07:15 AM

Might as well update this thread.  When I posted earlier my son was six and had never had a problem with his foreskin.  He is now eight and has still never had a single problem.  He knows what circumcision is and thinks it is horrendous.  He is very happy that he wasn't put through that. 

incorrigible and mare54 like this.

Reneé, 33 year old mom to Antonin 8/04 nocirc.gif and Arianna 9/06 gd.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif (6 weeks) 5/08. Married to Matt since 6/03 blowkiss.gif.  TTC a little rainbow rainbow1284.gifchartnew.gif http://www.FertilityFriend.com/home/4e4ac9 Currently in the 2WW 
#262 of 280 Old 01-02-2013, 12:55 PM

I have 3 intact boys and none have ever had a problem. When my oldest was 4 the pediatrician tried to check to see if he was retractable. I asked her not to do that. She got all upset with me and told me she had a 10 year old patient "who had to be circumcised" because he couldn't retract. We switched doctors. As far as I know, he still can't retract. But since 10 years old is the average ago of retractibility, I'm not the slightest bit worried.

#263 of 280 Old 01-02-2013, 01:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

No problems here 6 months in.  :D

Elizabeth - Doing life with Scott partners.gif

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png
adoptionheart-1.gif  Follow our journey  mdcblog5.gif

#264 of 280 Old 01-06-2013, 10:44 PM

21 months in. No problems.

#265 of 280 Old 01-09-2013, 07:33 AM

4 year old boy with no problems. Just need to make sure to wash it with soap at every bath. Taught him to do that.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#266 of 280 Old 01-10-2013, 05:21 AM

It is not necessary to clean them or to teach them how to clean unlike what many individuals would have you believe. Please read through this thread here for mor on this subject http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1367332/when-should-they-learn-how-to-clean. I would like to say that it is safe to use soap to clean the foreskin but going overboard with it can cause problems. Also, forcibly retracting the foreskin before it is naturally able to retract can cause problems with phimosis later in life. The equivalent of this in females would be breaking a girls hymen to clean the inside of her vagina. The only person that should be cleaning it is him once he discovers that his foreskin is naturally able to retract on its own. The obsession with hygene is a myth that was created by physicians to scare parents into having their sons circumcised in order to benefit themselves monetarily. If he is naturally retractable then it is safe for him to continue doing it, but there is no reason for you to be overtly concerned about the cleanliness aspect of this.
mama2soren likes this.
#267 of 280 Old 01-10-2013, 07:39 AM

I just meant making sure he washes with soap and water down there at bath time. No moving any foreskin or anything. Just thought I should clarify.

At one point I wasn't making sure he did that and he was getting baths so I didn't think anything, but his wee wee got a little red and irritated looking. As soon as I made sure he used soap, it cleared up and looked healthy again. I have his circed older brother wash with soap and water there too now, but he has never had any irritation like that. I don't know if it's because of circed or not. I still wouldn't consider that a good enough reason to circ.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

#268 of 280 Old 01-10-2013, 12:07 PM

Ds only got red and irritated if he did use soap. I think that changed with puberty though. I can't imagine how careful he'd have to be with all the scented products he uses in the shower now, if it was still an issue! lol

Doodlebugsmom likes this.

Affordable organics delivered from GREEN POLKADOT BOX

Wife to jammin.gif Beast 

Mama to guitar.gif Crash (14) and hippie.gifSpritely (12)

#269 of 280 Old 01-10-2013, 02:23 PM

I use burt bees baby wash on my kids or sometimes castor soap. And he doesn't use any more than what he'd use on the rest of his body. Guess each kid is different.

#270 of 280 Old 01-12-2013, 01:09 PM

my ds is 3 and no issues at all.  my next door neighbor has 4 sons and a dh that are all intact and no issues from any of them.  i personally don't have issues with circ vs. non-circ it was just what we chose for our ds.  hopefully our ds will continue to be trouble free.

dayiscoming2006 likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page