My sister ended up C'rcing - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 05-30-2010, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I posted a while back in regards to the discussions I had with my sister on circ. She ended up c'rcing a mere 36 week old premie who later became jaundice. He spent his first week under Billi lights. Ironically he was fine until 8 hours after the circ. Does anyone know if there is a connection between the two?
She actually did not even tell me she circ'd him because she knows I will go off. In fact I was visting about a week after they had returned from hospital an her landlord was there visting. He was telling us how his grandson contracted MRSA from guess what??? His circ. Sad part was he almost died twice. I saw my sister and husband turn pale. I said that is "so awful" I am glad I did not have to worry about that. (probably crass but..) I did not know at the time they had c'rcd. I should have known when I offered to change his diaper and she said no and hid his penis while she did it that they had c'rced.
So yes after so much time giving her info she completely ignored it and sent him off to be c'rcd in a two hour line and went and took a shower. I am so upset I feel like vomitting. He will be the only one (besides his father who was adopted) who is cir'd in his entire family. So sad.

:CLC,Doula :Mama to 2
#2 of 13 Old 05-30-2010, 07:35 PM

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
#3 of 13 Old 05-31-2010, 01:19 AM

i'm so sorry. just prayers for the baby... and all the babies who are circumcised.

#4 of 13 Old 05-31-2010, 01:22 AM

I'm so sorry, it's so painful to think of babies being circumcised (although much more so for them ) but even worse when it's someone in your own family to whom you gave the right information so they don't have the excuse of being ignorant.

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

#5 of 13 Old 05-31-2010, 01:46 AM
A&A

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky View Post
I'm so sorry, it's so painful to think of babies being circumcised (although much more so for them ) but even worse when it's someone in your own family to whom you gave the right information so they don't have the excuse of being ignorant.

"Our task is not to see the future, but to enable it."
#6 of 13 Old 05-31-2010, 03:29 AM

so sorry
#7 of 13 Old 05-31-2010, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Thank You, I think that is why I am so emotional. She knows I am a intactivist and how hard I work to educate others on the dangers of circ.. She pulls "the it is my husband's choice. He has a penis I don't" card. So very sad because when all of his cousin's on both sides are running naked in the yard, he will be the only cut one

:CLC,Doula :Mama to 2
#8 of 13 Old 05-31-2010, 12:00 PM

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#9 of 13 Old 05-31-2010, 01:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I'm so sorry. You did your best.

#10 of 13 Old 05-31-2010, 01:13 PM

you did all you could, sometimes people are just that way. i had a friend who pretty much did the same thing, without really explaining why, she just said 'oh we decided to do it', and i didnt feel like asking why.
it made me very sad, but at least she had all the facts, all the information, and i really couldnt do anything else.
you did a great job
#11 of 13 Old 05-31-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
My thoughts exactly.

Wife, mom to DS (4), DD (2) and baby heart 2.7.13

#12 of 13 Old 05-31-2010, 06:20 PM

I've read on a nursing board that there is a connection with jaundice. Basically, the baby stops feeding, becomes dehydrated, and then develops jaundice.

Sorry that happened to your nephew. You did your best.

Single mom to the Crunchy Froglets, Keith and Carlin, twin boys born 1/30/09. Frozen for 10 years, now unleashed on the world.
#13 of 13 Old 05-31-2010, 11:43 PM

So sad. I am sorry for him and for you. The level of disconnect for a mother to consent to this with full knowledge of what is really is....it boggles my mind. It's sad for her too because some day, she might be able to grasp the depth of it and the regret she will harbor will be yet another damage of circumcision. It saddens me greatly. I can only imagine how you feel having your sister do this. I am sorry.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page