Re a comment on another post - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 02:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Apparently we don't see many posts stating how well our un-circ'd boys are doing. So I thought I would post a positive one:

Two boys, both intact and both are doing great!!
#2 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 02:47 AM

mine's just fine, too. and i can't help but notice how *thick* the foreskin actually is. like, WOW. it's no "flap of skin."

#3 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 08:08 AM

Two sons, now in high school and college.

No problems, no teasing, no problem dealing with having me uncircumcised. The foreskins were never an issue, just normal parts of the body. Like an ear, finger, etc.

Regards
#4 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 08:39 AM

5y10m old ds no issues at all since he was a baby in diapers (diaper rash related).

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#5 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 08:43 AM

it!

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." ~A.U.
#6 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 12:15 PM

My BIL has never had a problem with his and he's in his 30s and was even forcefully retracted at times.

My son (4.5) has never had a problem. My other son (3) had some minor separation issues (stung when he peed for a few days) but that's it, and he ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS has his hand in his pants fiddling, never an infection or anything. Sometimes a red tip but it goes away on its own. My last son (1) has never had a problem, either.

I have always been amazed, after babysitting circumcised boys, how EASY it is to clean an intact baby.
#7 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 12:25 PM

One son...3 yrs old...no problems here either.
Some slight swelling when he first started to really mess with it(around 6 months), but it went away after a baking soda bath

Like one of the pp's said...its just another part of his body..totally normal like the rest.

Meghan : Kayla~ 10/19/04 Jack~ 5/27/07
Evelyn~ 10/9/10

#8 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 12:28 PM

My boy is 6 yrs and is in first grade. He's doing just fine and no problems with him in his intactness.

His dad no problems but did have a one time yeast infection which he got it from me.

He used my monistat it fixed himself right up . That was only once of a treatable issue out of his many years of intact as in it happened in his late 30's like around 37 .

He's now 43 and his only problem was is being too obsessed with the computer than being a dad so now it's been 3 yrs since my boy seen his dad .
#9 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 01:20 PM

Totally no issues here and we have a fantastic ped that knows foreskin function and instructs to never retract!

Cindy, joyful SAH mama to rainbow1284.gif William & Katherinefly-by-nursing2.gif Forever missing Amelia 7-12-09 angel3.gif  signcirc1.gifsaynovax.giflactivist.gif Ask me about my natural cesarean! 

#10 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 02:00 PM

DS is coming up on 4 years and we've had no problems at all, whatsoever.
#11 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 02:44 PM

I have daughters. However I have an intact dh from India. We have only had two minor problems. One was a yeast infection we kept sharing, and once we figured out what it was it was treated with Monistat and cured. He also had a tight foreskin which he had to stretch out a bit, but I consider that very minor too.

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

#12 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 10:31 PM

For those of you with sons who have seperated foreskins, are you, or did you teach them to retract to pee?

Obviously, you don't want to forcefully retract, but apparently it isn't all that uncommon to retract while urinating. From what I hear, a retracted foreskin can lead to a more-narrow stream. Even though urine is sterile, a retracted foreskin also could lead to less urine being trapped beneath the skin.
#13 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 10:35 PM

I let ds decide what he wants to do. Usually he actually pulls the foreskin away from the body to pee it works for him. He actually has very good aim that way

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#14 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 11:02 PM

2 boys intact and no problems
Posted via Mobile Device

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#15 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugmenot View Post
From what I hear, a retracted foreskin can lead to a more-narrow stream. Even though urine is sterile, a retracted foreskin also could lead to less urine being trapped beneath the skin.
It depends; it's more a social convention than an anatomical consideration.

Most intact guys (boys or adults) outside the US probably don't retract to urinate. The mucosal surfaces of the inner foreskin and glans are generally tacky enough to each other that they form a seal; urine doesn't ordinarily get trapped there, maybe just a drop or two remains past the meatus, and that's easily dabbed or squeezed away. Many boys and men find that the foreskin "funnel" actually aids in aim.

Others, with naturally looser or shorter foreskins or whose dartos muscle has been stretched from a lot of retraction (as was custom until recently in the US), find it more comfortable and convenient to retract partway or fully to urinate. The meme of doing it this way spread to many who didn't really need to. My UK friends find it funny some Americans consider it important.

Neither approach is inherently more hygienic or refined than the other.
#16 of 25 Old 08-25-2010, 11:11 PM
2xy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugmenot View Post
For those of you with sons who have seperated foreskins, are you, or did you teach them to retract to pee?
I did not. And their dad is circumcised, so I'm sure he didn't teach them to do that. According to my mother, my dad used to retract to pee (he's now deceased).

My boys are teenagers and have never had any problems of which I'm aware. Information about children and their foreskins was not as easily accessible when my boys were little, and I truly had no idea that separation could cause discomfort, stinging, ballooning, and all these other things I hear of. Of course, I really stopped messing around with their penises by the time they were able to bathe themselves, and didn't watch them peeing past the age of 3-4yo, so maybe I just missed it all. We've always been a clothed family. Neither of them ever complained about trouble.
#17 of 25 Old 08-26-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brant31 View Post
Many boys and men find that the foreskin "funnel" actually aids in aim.

I don't doubt you, but i've also heard the opposite. From what i've heard, foreskin leads to a wider, rounder stream. I've heard stories of some people lifting up their shorts leg, and urinating down, instead of pulling the top of their shorts down. FWIW, these guys are all circ. (I guess they can do such a thing if they have streams that are more narrow on average.)
#18 of 25 Old 08-26-2010, 08:15 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
For those who are interested, there is another thread on this topic:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1228068

I posted in that thread about my intact son, who has had no problems. But interestingly enough, I got into a conversation about intact penises today in front of my 23-year-old brother, who piped up to tell me that he did experience some pain during separation, but he has never had a problem before or since then. He told me that separation happened around puberty for him.

Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!
***4***8***12***16**20***24***28***32***36***40
 12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
#19 of 25 Old 08-26-2010, 09:56 PM

DS10, circ'd had adhesion issues
DS7, intact, had surgery at birth & at 4yo for testicle issues, was never retracted by nurses or his anti-circ ped urologist
DS4, intact, no issues

None of the boys have ever noticed that their penises are different from one another's, or DH's (who is circ'd.)

Proud Catholic, homeschooling, RN-student mama of
DS 10 reading.gif  DS 8 fencing.gif DS 5, DD 3 energy.gif and a new DS  belly.gif 3/2011
#20 of 25 Old 08-26-2010, 11:20 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
DS, nearly 2.5 years old, no problems.

Mother to DD#1  s/b @40w 2003 for unknown reasons; DD#2   9.5 years old; DS  6 years old 
  Why are daughters protected but not sons?

#21 of 25 Old 08-27-2010, 01:54 AM

3 intact sons and an intact dh.. no problems what so ever

Amanda~ mommy to Brayden (06/05), Noah (08/07), Alex (11/08), Lucy (09/10) and Kara (10/12)
#22 of 25 Old 08-27-2010, 02:03 AM

Two under three with no problems here!

And I'm glad someone else pointed out the other similar thread--it's got a rather epic run of posts.

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#23 of 25 Old 08-28-2010, 04:17 PM

DS 3.5 ----- no issues at all!

S~ Peace loving, natural living, FuNkY vegan mama to Keiran bouncy.gif 23/Dec/06:
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" ~~ MLK
#24 of 25 Old 08-28-2010, 04:55 PM

I have 2 intact boys, ages 10 and 5 and never had 1 single issue with either one of them except keeping hands busy most of the time away from their 'favourite toy' when younger. Oldest has been retracting since age 5 and my youngest is about 'halfway there', lol..
#25 of 25 Old 08-28-2010, 05:25 PM

My ds is 8, intact, and has never had any problems.

heartbeat.gif Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 6, 3, 2) & 3 angel1.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page