Uhm, old episode of Charmed... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 25 Old 10-20-2010, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, I'm watching older episodes of Charmed. Piper and Leo have their first child and are thinking it's going to be a girl...when the baby is born they turn him around to show a full frontal shot to show the shock of "OMG it's a boy!!!"

and I'm about 90% sure he's circ'd...right out of the womb apparently.

It's hard to tell but yeah...

I can try to get a crappy screen shot if you like...

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#2 of 25 Old 10-20-2010, 04:32 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm not sure I saw that. But they did advocate strongly on breastfeeding in an episode with baby Wyatt.
#3 of 25 Old 10-20-2010, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/8711/charmed.png

That's the best screen shot I could get

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#4 of 25 Old 10-20-2010, 04:49 PM

I haven't watched the show before, but it looks like they are in a home. Was it a home birth?

Happy wife to DH superhero.gifand mama to DS signcirc1.gif11/05 and DD energy.gif8/07.
#5 of 25 Old 10-20-2010, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingJoy View Post
I haven't watched the show before, but it looks like they are in a home. Was it a home birth?
Yep...baby being magic and everything

#6 of 25 Old 10-20-2010, 05:10 PM

Hard to tell. Looks like a maybe? But, remember that the baby is technically an "actor" - so the producers didn't have any say in whether or not he was circ'd. I mean, they could have chosen an intact baby to play the part, but really, they probably just weren't thinking about it.
#7 of 25 Old 10-20-2010, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thyra View Post
Hard to tell. Looks like a maybe? But, remember that the baby is technically an "actor" - so the producers didn't have any say in whether or not he was circ'd. I mean, they could have chosen an intact baby to play the part, but really, they probably just weren't thinking about it.
Logically I know that...but I couldn't help but notice and find it weird.

#8 of 25 Old 10-20-2010, 06:19 PM

Well, there is the VERY rare condition where a baby is born with little or no foreskin - It's called Aposthia.

It's written on medical records as a birth defect...strange since they usually treat foreskin like a birth defect

Victim of Birth Rape & Coerced ribboncesarean.gifUnnecesareanribboncesarean.gif What makes people think they can cut up someone else's genitals? nocirc.gif
#9 of 25 Old 10-20-2010, 06:55 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I can't see much in that picture, but Charmed did not make it to this list:
http://www.circumstitions.com/TVSitcoms.html

I really think it is a very interesting database. I'd love to see a similar one for breastfeeding.

Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
#10 of 25 Old 10-20-2010, 06:57 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thyra View Post
It would have made sense to choose an intact baby actor to play a newborn.

If you look at the link I posted, you'll see that Friends addressed the issue of hiring an intact actor.

Now mom to a boy born January 2010. 
Cautiously expecting Dec 2014!

12/08 (6 weeks),  1/13 (11 weeks), &  12/13 (9.5 weeks)
#11 of 25 Old 10-20-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/8711/charmed.png

That's the best screen shot I could get
In that screen shot I can't even tell if he actually has a penis.

Timmy's Mommy WARNINGyslexic typing with help of preschooler, beware of typos
#12 of 25 Old 10-21-2010, 06:19 PM

A little OT, but on the season finale of Army Wives this year, the baby came out of the womb complete with a belly button. I'm not sure producers actually pay much attention to this stuff...
#13 of 25 Old 10-22-2010, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eepster View Post
In that screen shot I can't even tell if he actually has a penis.
Glad to know I wasn't the only one.
#14 of 25 Old 10-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oubliette8 View Post
A little OT, but on the season finale of Army Wives this year, the baby came out of the womb complete with a belly button. I'm not sure producers actually pay much attention to this stuff...
LOL...I've noticed that on a few shows
#15 of 25 Old 10-25-2010, 12:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm View Post
Well, there is the VERY rare condition where a baby is born with little or no foreskin - It's called Aposthia.

It's written on medical records as a birth defect...strange since they usually treat foreskin like a birth defect
My friend was born with that that. At first I thought he was BSing me or his parents were BSing him, but after knowing him now for 10 years I'm pretty sure he was telling the truth. He also said it was listed as a birth defect.

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#16 of 25 Old 10-25-2010, 01:09 AM

I can't tell from the picture but probably the producers didn't even think about that. I wouldn't have thought anything of it except you mentioned it. Honestly the whole belly button would have stuck me as odd before looking close enough to realize the baby was circed or not.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#17 of 25 Old 10-27-2010, 02:12 PM

The baby on LOST (Aaron) was born circumcised too

CPST & mom

#18 of 25 Old 10-28-2010, 02:00 AM

I looked at the pic and zoomed in on my iPhone. He's circed.

Cindy, joyful SAH mama to rainbow1284.gif William & Katherinefly-by-nursing2.gif Forever missing Amelia 7-12-09 angel3.gif  signcirc1.gifsaynovax.giflactivist.gif Ask me about my natural cesarean! 

#19 of 25 Old 10-28-2010, 01:52 PM

Maybe I should be more upset about it, being that I am incredibley anti-circ, but at the moment, I am just finding it funny that all these babies are born with foreskin and with a belly button! Maybe they shoudl show a baby girl born with a little set of earings in her ears.

No wonder so many people have no idea what to expect at the birth of a baby.

Melissa Wife to DHpartners.gif, Mom to DSbouncy.gif (3 y.o.) and DD wave.gif (infant) We are a homebirthing, no circ, select and delay vax, cosleeping, full-term breastfeeding happy family!

#20 of 25 Old 10-29-2010, 05:05 AM

the baby in that drew barrymore movie was born circed. i cant remember the title
#21 of 25 Old 10-29-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunniemunch View Post
the baby in that drew barrymore movie was born circed. i cant remember the title
Was it Boys on the Side? The one with Whoopie Goldberg?
#22 of 25 Old 10-30-2010, 11:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yeah, he's definitely cut. It's pretty obvious if you know what you're looking at. The penis is pointed straight at the camera and you can see the meatus clearly, which would not be visible if he were intact.

It doesn't surprise me at all. Especially since even drawings in Anatomy books are usually drawn circumcised. Honestly, I doubt it even crossed anyone's mind. It was just "Oh, we need a baby boy." I'm sure no one even thought about the fact that he'd need a foreskin. To many people, this is just what a penis looks like, they never even stop to think that it wasn't always that way.

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#23 of 25 Old 10-31-2010, 02:20 PM

On a more positive note, did any of you notice little Clark Kent in the original Christopher Reeve Superman movie? It's one of my 6 year old's favorites, so it's on a lot. When Clark's space ship crashes into the field and his adoptive parents find him, he walks up the side of the impact crater naked and intact. Considering that this movie was made in the 1980's, that's kind of a surprise.
#24 of 25 Old 10-31-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkajane View Post
Yeah, he's definitely cut. It's pretty obvious if you know what you're looking at. The penis is pointed straight at the camera and you can see the meatus clearly, which would not be visible if he were intact.
Are we looking at the same photo?

I kind of sort of see what you mean, but if that blurry circular shape is the tip pointed at at the camera, what indicates that the slight shadow in the middle of it is the meatus and not the spincter? Not every baby has a lot of over hang, DS didn't. Also, if he was circ'd, wouldn't the tip still be pretty red? The general blur of the area is a consistent flesh color.

Timmy's Mommy WARNINGyslexic typing with help of preschooler, beware of typos
#25 of 25 Old 10-31-2010, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eepster View Post
I kind of sort of see what you mean, but if that blurry circular shape is the tip pointed at at the camera, what indicates that the slight shadow in the middle of it is the meatus and not the spincter? Not every baby has a lot of over hang, DS didn't. Also, if he was circ'd, wouldn't the tip still be pretty red? The general blur of the area is a consistent flesh color.
DS's isn't red anymore...the baby they used is "older" (a few months) so the redness is probably gone a bit...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page