Need some blue dust to add one more intact boy... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 11-08-2010, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...to the world!

I am six weeks pregnant and have two girls. I feel positively desperate for a boy.

Send some blue dust my way?

Loving mother, Devoted Wife
#2 of 13 Old 11-08-2010, 04:11 PM

Me tooo! Me tooooooo! I'd like another boy.

heartbeat.gif Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 6, 3, 2) & 3 angel1.gif
#3 of 13 Old 11-08-2010, 05:29 PM

I am adding intact baby boy #4 to the world any day after Wednesday.

Mindie, wife to Mark, not-so-crunchy mom to Dylan (4/04); Devon (6/06); Dorothy (9/07); Derek (12/19/09); Daniel (12/18/10); Newbie D (2/22/12)

#4 of 13 Old 11-08-2010, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantOfTheWeek View Post
I am adding intact baby boy #4 to the world any day after Wednesday.

Congratulations!!!

heartbeat.gif Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 6, 3, 2) & 3 angel1.gif
#5 of 13 Old 11-09-2010, 03:18 AM

Im expecting my first boy (after two girls as well) in Feb.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#6 of 13 Old 11-09-2010, 03:52 AM

It's so awesome to hear of all these boys on the way who will be born into families who will keep them whole.
I had two girls and really wanted one more baby. I assumed we'd have another girl....just seemed to be what we did! I had a never did ultrasounds during pregnancy so the gender was always a surprise at birth. I had a home waterbirth with my last one. I was on my hands and knees in the birth pool when the baby was born and as the midwife lifted babyout of the water, I had turned to take babe into my arms. I saw him take his first breath as she gently lifted him out and got the full frontal view - A BOY!!! I will never ever forget the paralyzing feeling of "OH SHIT! What do I do with THAT?" and I didn't mean the boy parts. I meant the whole package of being a boy, that OTHER gender that I didn't have any first hand personal knowledge of. That feeling lasted the utter fraction of a second that it took to take him into my arms and pull him to me. As soon as I had him I said to myself "AHHHHH, I know what to do wtih this, I love him". It was a most amazing and wonderful feeling. I am quite smitten with my boy. He's 2 now and just the neatest thing. He's vastly different from his sisters in his motivations, his interests and his explorations. I totally love the differences.

For those of you who are parents of girls only and for whom the issue of circumcision is an important and passionate one: know that having a boy may bring a different level of awareness to you. One that can be painful as your understanding of what circmcision really is touches you in a way it didn't when you were the mother to girls only. I was deeply moved when the knowledge of what I had saved my son from settled upon me and I held him and wept for all that had not been so lucky. I've cried many times over the pain others have endured. That knowledge and sadness is what keeps me working on this issue. To be able to change one parents mind, to save one boy from the damage and one mother from the emotional pain......it makes it worth it.

I wish boys upon all of you!

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
#7 of 13 Old 11-09-2010, 07:08 AM

Sending heaps of blue dust your way!! I just had a sweet baby girl after having two boys so DON'T listen to the people who say if your first two are the same gender then the rest will be the same!

Super crunchy Mama to DS1, DS2, DD and wanting a bunch more!  We homeschool, bed share, homebirth and baby wear. We're attached, we only cloth diaper and we don't vax. There's a lot more to us than that, but it won't all fit. 

#8 of 13 Old 11-10-2010, 06:31 AM

Oh, I love sending blue dust to families I know will keep the whole boy! You can have every last speck of mine, since our family is complete.

I had a long, woe-is-me post here ~3 years ago about how depressed I was that I would never have any more children. I loved my girls, but I remember how sad I was that I had never saved a single baby boy from circumcision. I was afraid the only way to do that was to have my own, and that was never going to happen. Then, surprise! Not only did I find myself pregnant against very long odds, but I nearly fell off the exam table when my doctor looked at the ultrasound and told me that there was no way baby #3 was another girl. My DH was totally psyched for his third daughter and was so shocked that it took him a minute to figure out what the baby was, if it wasn't a girl. LOL. Our little non-girl is now a toddler, perfectly intact and a whirlwind of activity. He's so much fun. Not only has he never had a problem related to intactness, but his foreskin is one of the most low-maintenance parts he has.

But I do agree with PuppyFluffer about the unexpected impact of having a boy when you're already vehemently anti-circ (I wrote a post about that too). I was outraged by the idea of routine circumcision before I had a son of my own, but after, it was so much worse. I hadn't thought it could get any worse. Then you look into that sweet, trusting little face and are confronted with that perfect little body every day, and suddenly it becomes VERY personal. You can see exactly what was lost, and it's all too easy to put your boy's face on those violated newborns. I'm proud that there's one more intact boy in the world now, and happy that my son has his whole body, but I've cried far more over the horror of it all in the last two years than I ever did before. If you think it's awful now, it's going to be absolutely gut-wrenching when you hold your real baby boy in your arms.  

Congrats on your pregnancy! You're going to have a big impact on future generations and the way they view bodily integrity, whether you do it with an intact son and two daughters who think of a normal penis as just that . . . or with three strong, outspoken young women who know all about the harms of circumcision and may become the mothers of many intact children.

#9 of 13 Old 11-10-2010, 08:21 AM

Hoping for a for you!

Law of averages, if you get a baby boy to keep whole, that is one less someone else gets to cut.

Take care!

Tara Momma to Callum and Gavin
#10 of 13 Old 11-10-2010, 08:43 AM

Also adding intact boy #4 in 6 weeks- I would still like a girl someday but am glad to be doing my part!

Busy mama to 4 boys, M 9/04, E 4/06, our angel baby N (passed 10/09 at 1 day old) & newbie C, 12/10
#11 of 13 Old 11-10-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PuppyFluffer View Post

For those of you who are parents of girls only and for whom the issue of circumcision is an important and passionate one: know that having a boy may bring a different level of awareness to you. One that can be painful as your understanding of what circmcision really is touches you in a way it didn't when you were the mother to girls only. I was deeply moved when the knowledge of what I had saved my son from settled upon me and I held him and wept for all that had not been so lucky. I've cried many times over the pain others have endured. That knowledge and sadness is what keeps me working on this issue. To be able to change one parents mind, to save one boy from the damage and one mother from the emotional pain......it makes it worth it.

I wish boys upon all of you!

(Can't find the "yeah that" smiley, but yeah that!)  It is so much more personal now that I have my baby boy.  I've been surprised at the anger I feel when this topic comes up which seems to have replaced the sadness I used to have.

I always assumed I would only have girls while my pro-circ sister would only have boys.  I had started to accept that this was how my world would work and I was trying to be okay with it.  I also didn't have any ultrasounds while pregnant, and when our baby came out with boy parts, I was genuinely shocked.  Later on, when I first changed a diaper in front of my sister, I wanted to say to her, "THIS is what you were so disgusted and frightened by that you put my nephew through unnecessary amputative SURGERY?  REALLY?"  It's like I'm silently daring her or anyone else to say something remotely uninformed about ds's body.  I know I would stay calm and treat any comments as a teachable moment, but I do wish my brain wasn't so geared up for a fight all the time.

To the mothers of only girls, I just want to say that I think you can have a bigger effect on this anti-circ movement than you give yourself credit for.  My son will be taught to see his body as normal, sure, but I certainly don't expect him to grow up and start shouting from the rooftops how awesome it is to have a foreskin.  I worry he'll grow up and marry someone who does not understand the value of a foreskin, or heaven forbid may not even realize her husband is intact, and when they have a son she'll think "Why not?" when asked in the hospital if the baby will be circed.  The Mario Lopez dinner conversation from the other thread is only one of many stories I've heard of wives being pro-circ despite having an intact partner.  Guess who gets final say most of the time once a baby is born?  It makes my heart happy when intactivists have boys, and I wish blue dust on any of you who hope to have a son, but I'm thrilled to pieces that I won't have to worry about any of your daughters growing up to be pro-circ!

9/2011 items decluttered
#12 of 13 Old 11-11-2010, 07:24 PM

We didn't find out the sex when I was pregnant with ds1 - I had my whole life wanted to be surprised smile.gif. I convinced dh to leave him intact in case he was a boy, and thank goodness! Fast-forward almost two years to the sono for ds2 - we decided to learn what the sex was. One of my first thoughts was, "Yay! Another intact boy in the world!!!". I'll never forget that. orngbiggrin.gif

Oh, and here's some blue dust for ya, op!! Boys rock!

Marilyn, wife to DH 09/02 and mama to my boys, DS1 11/06 and DS2 02/09, and a new one on the way in 06/12!

****5****10****bellycast.gif****20****25****30****35****40**

#13 of 13 Old 11-11-2010, 08:21 PM

Totally it's great when boys are left intact . It's like after I saw my boy it's like Why do they assume intactness is such a problem and circumcision just freaks me out .

How can people state of saying I won't make my special needs child sterile without their consent because they believe it's unethical but for some reason people think it's okay and ethical to allow their son's penis to be altered without their consent.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page