Son saying "pee pee hurt"? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-15-2010, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok, my son is 2 1/2-ish and he's been saying his pee-pee hurts.  I don't see anything when I look at it, he is uncircumsized, but I didn't think I had to really do anything special due to that.  I feel very weird posting this, but I don't have any other mom friends who didn't circ.  What do I do?  Should I take him to the Dr?  Is this something I can figure out?  I this appropriate to be posting even?

#2 of 6 Old 11-15-2010, 04:48 PM

We get posts like this all the time so it is fine.

It sounds like he may be going through some separation pain. Here is a thread that you may find helpful in determining what might be going on.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#3 of 6 Old 11-15-2010, 07:47 PM

The possible reasons for it hurting are long.  Since you don't see anything and this the only symptom you mention; I lean towards either separation leaving small areas that sting when he pees, or erections.  Some times little boys will say "ow" to describe the unfamiliar sensation of an erection.

Timmy's Mommy WARNINGyslexic typing with help of preschooler, beware of typos
#4 of 6 Old 11-15-2010, 08:59 PM

Also investigate the possibility of a UTI. 

#5 of 6 Old 11-16-2010, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eepster View Post

The possible reasons for it hurting are long.  Since you don't see anything and this the only symptom you mention; I lean towards either separation leaving small areas that sting when he pees, or erections.  Some times little boys will say "ow" to describe the unfamiliar sensation of an erection.

This is what I thought, only I would think if it was erection, it would mainly be first thing in the morning?  And when I had him show me, I didn't see anything, but when I tried to see if the skin moved (not retracting it of course) he moved away and said that was where it hurt.  It's not when he pees, but I guess if it is separation, pee could still be in there?  Should I just leave it alone?  What should I tell him when he says it hurts?

#6 of 6 Old 11-16-2010, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMom View Post
 What should I tell him when he says it hurts?

What do you say when he bumps his knee?  Try putting him in a bath (no soap, just plain water or a little baking soda.)  Or, put a little diaper cream on it (even if he's out of diapers you can still use it, DS still sometimes wants some for his bottom and he's used the potty for 2 years now.) 

Timmy's Mommy WARNINGyslexic typing with help of preschooler, beware of typos

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page