Bleeding and pain while peeing, not a UTI. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-17-2010, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello all! We're having some problems and I'm looking for some ideas/feedback.

My 4 yr old has recently been wetting the bed, despite being completely dry at night for over a year. A couple of weeks ago he mentioned in passing that it hurt to pee, but then all was fine until Saturday night. That evening, my son was having a hard time having a bowel movement and there was much effort, pushing, etc. When he got up from the bowl, there was blood that had run into the water from his penis, and some blood on the tip. It's been like that since then...he says the tip of his penis hurts after the initial stream of urine is over, and when the urine's done there are some watery drops of blood that follow.

We went to the ped Monday morning and just got the result that, despite his symptoms of urgency, pain and frequent urination, it isn't an infection. The ped was very anti-circumcision and said to be sure not to let a urologist, if it came to that, pressure us into circ'ing. Well, now that it's not a UTI, the urologist is the next step.

Does this sound at all like separation? For the first time, when he pulls back his foreskin there's a little bit of the head of his penis showing. Is there anything I can do to confirm that it's separation before we get to the urologist? Any other input or advice?

Thank you all, for any help and just for being here.

Maureen

#2 of 6 Old 11-18-2010, 07:06 PM

Sorry to say, that it doesn't sound like separation.

Don't let the urologist retract.  GL

hug2.gif

Timmy's Mommy WARNINGyslexic typing with help of preschooler, beware of typos
#3 of 6 Old 11-18-2010, 07:10 PM

That is a tuff one for sure. He could have irritation of the urethra without an infection causing the irritation but I dont think that much blood would be from separation without some other things showing up with his penis. I would think there would be swelling and redness.

I do think in this case a visit to the urologist is in order but do make sure that no retraction happens. Good luck to you and your ds figuring this one out. Please let us know what the Dr. says.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#4 of 6 Old 11-19-2010, 10:10 AM

Does your son partially retract that you can see his meatus ? Do you know if the blood comes from his meatus or the foreskin ? Do you figure it comes from the meatus because of the blood in the urine and can you see him peeing blood ?

Did he hurt his penis at any time ?

Is he peeing blood every time ?

#5 of 6 Old 11-21-2010, 05:29 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Constipation can make it difficult to completely empty the bladder, subsequently leading to urinary problems.  Treat the constipation first and see what happens. 

bellyhair.giftreehugger.gif     coolshine.gif      greenthumb.gif     read.gif
#6 of 6 Old 11-26-2010, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much for the replies! His bleeding did stop, thankfully, one week after it started with the last few days of it being very little. He goes to the urologist on December 9, so hopefully we'll be able to get to the bottom of it. It just seems too coincidental that it all started on a day when he'd been repeatedly straining to have a bm. He doesn't normally have constipation issues and I've been careful to make sure he doesn't have it again, at least till this is all sorted out. I'll be sure to update when I know anything more, in case someone else comes here with a similar problem. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page