Phimosis Diagnosis and a question... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 01-11-2011, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Met with Doc #3 yesterday and things went very well - yay! She listened, took notes and agreed that the urinary frequency was unrelated to the foreskin, which she also agreed was a non-issue. She didi a urine test for UTI - neg. And a blood test for diabetes - also neg. She asked a lot of questions and in the end thought I should consider urinary frequency syndrome. It's basically a non-medical explanation for urinary frequency in post toilet-trained kids (avg. age 3-7). Usually, due to some trauma, kids feel an urge to pee as often as every 5-10 minutes. (Not there is any trauma I can explain, unless a road trip to Disneyworld is considered traumatic, and to a kid who prefers the home toilet, it may very well be!). So, on the way to school today, I explained to my son nothing was medically wrong with him and that if he had to go pee, ok, but there was no reason behind it; that his penis, his bladder, his blood, etc we're all ok. He only peed twice at school today so I think it's just a matter of him growing out of it, which is usually the case, although it can take anywhere from 6 weeks to 18 months! So my efforts paid off, I've found a new ped, and I wanted to also say how much I appreciate all the support from this board smile.gif - thank you!

Brendalee likes this.
#32 of 35 Old 01-11-2011, 02:11 PM

joy.gif I am so happy you found a ped. who was willing to listen and help you figure things out. I am really glad your ds's tests came back OK as well. joy.gif Sometimes you have to kiss a lot of frogs to find a prince lol.gif as the saying goes.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#33 of 35 Old 01-11-2011, 04:13 PM

I'm really glad it wasn't a serious medical problem, but I'm also really glad that your new Dr actually checked for those things.  

Timmy's Mommy WARNINGyslexic typing with help of preschooler, beware of typos
#34 of 35 Old 01-28-2011, 10:07 PM

Er, yeah, I would skip the steroid. My kids are 8 & 10 & don't retract yet. No worries. (Is that poll still around I started like in 2005, where the average age of first retraction was?) It's not their fault that the medical textbooks are so outdated in this country (though they really ought to research for themselves. I mean, if we can...) Anybody have a European medical database, for the Dr's to have a peek at? 

#35 of 35 Old 01-28-2011, 10:08 PM

Sorry I missed the update! Yay, you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page