Compelling Video - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-21-2011, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I found this on the facebook site "Saving our Sons"   I don't know if it's ok to post this here, but if not here I don't know where.  WARNING:  This is a GRAPHIC video of a circumcision intended for doctor training!!!!!  This made me cry in utter horror!!  DO NOT WATCH THIS if you are extremely sensitive to this sort of thing.  I thought it might help some of us prevent this from ever happening to another sweet little baby.   http://www.drmomma.org/2011/01/neonatal-circumcision-video-for.html 

It makes me sick, because I was not educated enough to demand the doctor not forcibly retract my son.  He is intact, but still he went through so much pain bawling.gif

Life is strange and wonderful.  Me read.gif, DP lady.gif, DS (3/09) blahblah.gif , 3 dog2.gif  and 4 cat.gif

#2 of 3 Old 03-21-2011, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh my god. brokenheart.gif  That baby is in such agony... I need to try to forget what I saw. I hate this horrible surgery, there's no justification for torturing a baby like that just to prevent a couple UTIs. It's as if no thought goes into it, just strap them down and slice away...

#3 of 3 Old 03-29-2011, 03:25 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had to observe a circumcision while in nursing school, and it was then that I decided I could never put my future son(s) through something that horrific. This was one of the videos I wanted my DH to watch before our son was born, but he ended up leaving the decision up to me.

There's a reason almost no parents are allowed to view this "procedure" being done on their child. brokenheart.gif

SAHMtranstichel.gif to DD1joy.gif(9/06), DD2energy.gif(4/09), DS1 kid.gif (1/11), and DS2 wild.gif (2/12)
knit.giflactivist.gifsigncirc1.gif Surprise! pos.gif #5 due 12/16/13 2ndtri.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page