Four month old with a bit of blood - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-30-2011, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I know we have lots of threads but I'm a slightly upset mama so bear with me. Today during naked time (so he can practice moving without his huge cloth bum) ds rubbed a bit of blood on the mat. I was watching him but couldn't see it until dh pointed it out and I got up. I don't know if ds scratched himself with his finger or toe nails or if just scotching around on his belly tugged on his penis. I'm sad that it would be like someone retracted him somewhat greensad.gif.

I scooped him up and gently cleaned him with a wet cloth and there was a touch of blood coming out, then he was fine. I'm keeping a close eye on him and there's been no more blood or redness or anything. I even went on to his bath.

So is this likely to be an issue? We haven't been to the ped yet for him (or for dd in three years lol). I was thinking of taking him to my family practice doc I've found and love. Obviously I know how to protect him from doctors hands but man during nakey tummy time? I guess his cloth stays on from now on.
#2 of 3 Old 03-30-2011, 06:15 PM

I wouldnt worry about it at all honestly and let him have his nekky time. Ds and dd both scratched themselves in multiple places including their genitals it happens smile.gif Scary I know no one likes to see blood anywhere on their kids cold.gif

I am betting it is a one time thing and I wouldnt bother with the Dr. since there is nothing he can do other than try to see where the blood came from and to do that he would have to move the foreskin about and as we know that isnt something you want to happen. Unless you see more blood or signs of infection I would just keep an eye on it.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#3 of 3 Old 03-31-2011, 01:09 AM

Things happen, it's no different than If he scratched his nose while playing.  It will probably be fine, just keep an eye on it.

Timmy's Mommy WARNINGyslexic typing with help of preschooler, beware of typos

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page