I'm looking for the following links...

A video of a circ

The 'dont show your husband this' one for wives of circed men

A list of possible complications

Circ rates

Proper care of intact penis

Photos of freshly circed' babies

Methods of circumcision

I'm sending these to a friend who is then sending them to her brother who's wife is due with twins (b/g) this summer. Friend is also needing to give her DH links as the topic has brought to light his desire to circ future sons (they have a baby daughter)

Cindy, joyful SAH mama to rainbow1284.gif William & Katherinefly-by-nursing2.gif Forever missing Amelia 7-12-09 angel3.gif  signcirc1.gifsaynovax.giflactivist.gif Ask me about my natural cesarean! 

#2 of 10 Old 04-03-2011, 06:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You can find several of those in the Resources sticky at the top of the main CAC page.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#3 of 10 Old 04-03-2011, 11:37 PM

I think all that is too much to just send to someone all at once.  Too much information ends up just becoming noise, and no one listens to noise they just shut it out.  Especially things as shocking as a circ video, which will often just put a person on the defensive.  A little info a one time, then a little more a little later, is more likely to get through.

here's the just to help women understand what's going on with their husbands link.

http://www.udonet.com/circumcision/vincent/vulnerability_of_men.html

You can find most of the other stuff you want here

http://cirp.org/

and here

http://nocirc.org/

http://nocirc.org/publish/

Timmy's Mommy WARNINGyslexic typing with help of preschooler, beware of typos
#4 of 10 Old 04-04-2011, 03:34 AM

Educating a person about the anatomy and function of the foreskin is far more effective than trying to convince someone the procedure is painful and has complications. This is especially true if the person underwent the procedure and considers themselves perfectly fine. I have been recommending this link a lot lately because its exactly what I was looking for when I started my research. http://mensightmagazine.com/Articles/Fleiss,%20M.%20Paul/tellaboutcirc.htm

Being flooded with information is overwhelming and many people will simply not sort through it. When I started researching I was looking for facts so that I could wade through all the information and come to my own conclusion. 

Rather than giving links I prefer to give something of substance. A book is always there even if at first they are to busy to read it. Having it around is a reminder and chances are at some point they will pick it up and read it. Links can get merely glanced at, forgotten, deleted or become to overwhelming to sort through. I give my friends and family a copy of What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Circumcision . These information packets are good as well. http://www.savingpenises.org/our-information-packs.html

#5 of 10 Old 04-04-2011, 02:55 PM

Shameless self-promotion; all that stuff is linked here:

http://9davids.blogspot.com/2010/11/50-reasons-to-leave-it-alone.html

#6 of 10 Old 04-07-2011, 10:13 PM

http://www.doctorsopposingcircumcision.org/video/prepuce.html

This video will tell anyone what they need to know about the function.  Once you see the reason for having a foreskin, amputating it seems pretty silly.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
#7 of 10 Old 04-07-2011, 11:12 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies!!! 

Wonderful news! I heard from my friend and the little guy wont be circumcised! joy.gif

Super~Single~Mama and Lory like this.

Cindy, joyful SAH mama to rainbow1284.gif William & Katherinefly-by-nursing2.gif Forever missing Amelia 7-12-09 angel3.gif  signcirc1.gifsaynovax.giflactivist.gif Ask me about my natural cesarean! 

#8 of 10 Old 04-08-2011, 09:22 AM

Great news.  What was the thing that changed her mind?  It's always interesting to me to learn what it is that turns someone's mind around.  There are so many different angles to the issue and everyone is moved by one aspect more than the others it seems.  I'm so glad you care enough to share information with her and help her baby boy.  I can truly be happy about a boy coming into the world knowing he will be saved from this harm!

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
#9 of 10 Old 04-08-2011, 09:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Great news!

Mom &  RN   intactivist.gif
Pardon the typos - CWOK (cat walking on keyboard)   signcirc1.gif

#10 of 10 Old 04-12-2011, 01:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppyFluffer View Post

Great news.  What was the thing that changed her mind?  It's always interesting to me to learn what it is that turns someone's mind around.  There are so many different angles to the issue and everyone is moved by one aspect more than the others it seems.  I'm so glad you care enough to share information with her and help her baby boy.  I can truly be happy about a boy coming into the world knowing he will be saved from this harm!

By the sounds of it the other new babies in the family have a Swiss (I think) dad and the boys were left intact. My friend is pretty crunchy and it seems like perhaps her whole family is so I'm thinking it was the idea of just leaving the baby natural that appealed to the dad. 

I will tell you what got my DH to think differently (after seeing Penn and Teller's show and declaring "my son will be circumcised"). In our birth class we were watching a baby care video and it showed a close up of a fresh circumcision wound and then the baby's reaction to having his bottom wiped; he pulled his legs up and his feet arched and kicked wildly. Then the video showed an intact boy and girl with no reaction. That got the ball rolling in Dh's mind and within a week he was saying "Our son will not be hurt!". Now days I think it's seeing DS's penis and how the foreskin protects it from the scratching/pulling/pee/poop/etc that babies do that makes Dh appreciate that circumcision isn't needed. He's also seen circumcised babies in person now and can see the drastic difference between DS and them

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page