6yo with Swollen Penis - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-04-2011, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My 6 yo has a swollen and red penis.  I am almost 100% certain it has nothing to do with his being intact, but I figured if anyone would know what was going on it would be y'all. If he had detached  the foreskin from part of the glans before it was ready, would it cause the penis to swell? The foreskin and most of the penis are a dark pink/red color.

Aleyna - Mom to 6 yo DS1 wild.gifRascal and DS2 Tiny born 03/24/11
#2 of 4 Old 05-04-2011, 07:43 PM

First thing is the foreskin in its proper position, meaning covering the glans and not retracted? If so:

Does the swelling appear to be the foreskin itself of the whole foreskin penis area? Is he complaining of pain? Is there any discharge? If he did retract it to forcefully then yes it could cause swelling and damage to the foreskin/glans.

Here is a thread with some information on normal separation issues as well as what to look for with an infection and how to deal with both. http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=764732

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#3 of 4 Old 05-04-2011, 09:43 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for that link!
His foreskin is where it should be, so no worries there. I think it is just where the foreskin was pulled off the glans before it was ready. The hard part is keeping him from playing with it while it has a chance to heal
Thanks again!

Aleyna - Mom to 6 yo DS1 wild.gifRascal and DS2 Tiny born 03/24/11
#4 of 4 Old 05-05-2011, 04:26 AM

Yep my ds is 6yo so I know exactly what you mean about keeping his hands off lol.gif

Usually this type of things heals pretty fast thankfully. You can always put some diaper cream on it or even OTC bacatracin to aid healing if you think it is needed.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page