Skin on my 2yr-old's intact penis is peeling? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-01-2011, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Mama's,

I haven't had the best luck with my son's pediatrician so I wanted to ask for the advise and guidance of the real "experts" ;)

He son just turned two, he is intact. I was out of town for a week and when I arrived home hubby told me our son's penis was "red" and he had been saying it hurt. My hubby put a general purpose healing salve and said it seemed better. When I checked his penis this am I notice there was a very large piece of loose skin near the tip, the tip was red, but the whole penis seemed to be dry and peeling. I put some almond oil to help soften the dried piece of skin (still attached to living skin). And he said it hurt. It doesn't look like was injured, looks more like something is wrong? Anyone else have this? Any ideas (also, he is 95% potty independent and in cotton underwear, no rash on his bum or other areas)

Anyways, this is our first experience with an intact child so any advice or thoughts before we take him to the Ped would be awesome. Thanks mamas!

#2 of 4 Old 08-01-2011, 01:44 PM

Peeling skin can often be a sign of yeast.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#3 of 4 Old 08-01-2011, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

I considered this, but he's never had a yeast infection before and nothing in his diet has changed, he doesn't have sugar and has a only about 1 oz of juice (mixed in water) per day, he hasn't been on antibiotics lately and from what I've heard yeast rashes often cover the entire genital area and also the anus? This is only affecting the tip. 

#4 of 4 Old 08-01-2011, 09:00 PM

Yeast can only effect the penis itself especially if it is only a mild case.

Another thing I thought of his heat. Right now my dh is having issues because of the extreme heat we are having and dry skin is a major problem for him right now.

You can try putting some acidophilous on his foreskin if it is yeast that can be helpful (I think I have that right)

If you are still nursing you can put bm on there as well.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page