Recurring blister near tip of foreskin - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-30-2011, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DS (28 mo) has had about 3-4 blisters near the tip of his foreskin over the last few weeks, with redness at the tip. The blister will form just off from the tip, then burst the same day, then look raw and even show some blood. It heals by putting sposies on for a day or so. He complains about it hurting and itching and rubs it around a good bit when I change him. We're trying to bath him more (ie 2x a week instead of 1x).  I read that it could be yeast. He drinks kefir daily and has for months and has never had abx (I did for his c/s though). I recently switched to Charlie's Soap. Could it be bringing residue out that will resolve the more the diapers are washed?

DD (5mo) had a small red spot on her buttcheek just in the last couple of days. Maybe it's the soap?

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#2 of 5 Old 08-31-2011, 04:16 AM

Have you tried stripping your diapers? It sounds like an irritation caused either by residual soap left in the diaper or a sensitivity to the soap. Yeast can also cause blisters if that is the case the stripping the diapers is going to be very important as well to kill it all off.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#3 of 5 Old 08-31-2011, 07:30 AM

My son got blisters on the foreskin too but for him it was the ammonia in the diapers.  I had to resort to stripping the diapers extremely well and using a tiny bit of bleach in the wash.  He wore disposables for 2 days while it healed.

Wife to DH, Mom to my Intact Boys DS1: Born 02 Pain Med Free Hospital Birth, BF'ed for 9 Months, Partially Vax'd DS2: Born 06 via UC, BF'ed 3 years 10 months, and UnVax'd
#4 of 5 Old 08-31-2011, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks. I stripped them today per your suggestions. I realized that the used fuzzi bunz I bought a couple months ago could be the culprit. I had already stripped our pfs but who knows what buildup is/was in the fuzzi bunz. So, we'll see!

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#5 of 5 Old 08-31-2011, 08:14 PM

Also, you might try some apple cider vinegar in his bath.  We've had good results with it for all types of skin ailments, esp diaper related.

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page