Am I doing this right? 3 yo's intact penis slightly infected... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-04-2012, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi wise mamas! I am due to go into labor any day now and my 3 year old will be staying with my mom, so I want to make sure I get this taken care of in the best way possible, since she's terrified of penises hee hee.

My son is of course not yet at all retractable, and was sitting around playing with himself yesterday morning. Later in the day he began to complain that his penis was hurting him and wouldn't let me come near it. But it was swollen near the glans and slightly red. We've had these issues before with smegma build up and it hurts the first day, then the next day after a bath it gets itchy and the smegma works its way out. It's just thick and white.

Well, this morning he woke up saying it still hurts, but not as much. I let him run around with no pants and he seemed to be able to play with it fine and push on it with no pain. I gave him a looooong soak in the bath but as I was drying him I noticed a green discharge. It just all kind of came out, but didn't seem to hurt him. He let me squeeze it all out gently and he's no longer swollen.

So is this a good or bad sign? The green was scary, but the fact that he's not in pain anymore is encouraging....

buddamomimg1.pngWriter/Designer/Hip Hippie Russian Mama to Torngtongue.gif (3yo) and Kboc.gif(4mo)

#2 of 2 Old 04-04-2012, 08:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Hmmm, I can see where the green would be a little unnerving.  Perhaps you could contact Marilyn Milos, the RN who runs NOCIRC.  

Only thing I can think of is does your son take probiotics?  I recently had some irritation & I applied probiotics to my irritated parts twice two days apart & it felt better instantly.  My ds2's foreskin has been much deeper pink lately.  If he'd let me, I'd apply his probiotic to him (there is a different between adult & infant/childrens probiotics; children have different strains of bacteria in their guts until the age of natural weaning, also the time when they loose their baby teeth.  If you are going to use probiotics, I'd suggest using infant/child formulas vs. adult.)

Best wishes,

Sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.

Tags
Circumcision

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page