Is circumcision the solution to birth infections? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 06-30-2012, 06:03 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is it? I seen an article about a research about circumcision and according to it, circumcision decreases the chances of getting Bacterial Vaginosis by 40%, and it decreases the chances of getting the infection Trichomonas vaginalis by 48%.

Is this true? I mean if so then the treatment for those infections are much more painfull then circumcision.

#2 of 12 Old 06-30-2012, 09:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

You think that cutting off part of a person's sexual organs would be less painful than taking antibiotics or probiotics?  Hmm, I think not.

#3 of 12 Old 06-30-2012, 01:14 PM

To decide whether a 40 - 50 % reduction in BV or TV is a good choice you need to consider the alternatives and the advantages and disadvantages of each.

The foreskin is the most important part of a man's body for sexual function and feeling.  The foreskin plays an importnat role in pleasure for the woman during intercourse, as well as offering her more to play with during other activites.

So, to over simplify, you are asking if it is a good idea to trade off the pain the infant endures, the risk of complications, and the reduced potential for a great sex life for him and his partners against the reduced risk of a woman he has sex with getting BV or TV.  In addition, you are violating his right to body integrity.

To me, it does not sound like a good tradeoff at all.

Regards

#4 of 12 Old 06-30-2012, 01:32 PM

I've had BV once in my life.  It wasn't a big deal.  And all but one of my partners have been circumcised. 

To me its not a valid trade off.

#5 of 12 Old 07-01-2012, 10:56 AM

I get yeast infections and BV often after circumcised sex due to friction and dryness causing micro tears. Good hygiene (for both men AND women) would be more effective than circumcision.
#6 of 12 Old 07-01-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolololo View Post

Is it? I seen an article about a research about circumcision and according to it, circumcision decreases the chances of getting Bacterial Vaginosis by 40%, and it decreases the chances of getting the infection Trichomonas vaginalis by 48%.

I've never seen any such research. Anecdotally, I haven't noticed any such thing. I've had one yeast infection (I believe) that went away without any treatment. That was over 20 years ago. I've only been with circ'd men. But, I also know women who have had many more yeast (and other) infections than I've had, and they've also only been with circ'd partners. In one woman, I know it's a reflection of her frequent antibiotic use, as she says herself "ugh - I'm really sick - that means antibiotics and another yeast infection". I don't know anything about bacterial vaginosis.

Is this true? I mean if so then the treatment for those infections are much more painfull then circumcision.

biglaugh.gifbiglaugh.gifbiglaugh.gifbiglaugh.gifbiglaugh.gifbiglaugh.gifbiglaugh.gifbiglaugh.gifbiglaugh.gifbiglaugh.gifbiglaugh.gifbiglaugh.gif

Or...were you serious?? What kind of treatment are you getting that's more painful than amputating a sensitve part of the genitals?

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#7 of 12 Old 07-01-2012, 05:01 PM

So....did nobody else notice the username of this person with 1 post?

lady.gifMama to DS banana.gif(5) and DD broc1.gif(2)

#8 of 12 Old 07-01-2012, 06:03 PM

Ayup eyesroll.gif

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#9 of 12 Old 07-02-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liliaceae View Post

So....did nobody else notice the username of this person with 1 post?

*sigh*

The fact that it was their first post clicked, and I thought it was probably a troll, but the name went right past me.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#10 of 12 Old 07-02-2012, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

duh.gif  I'll leave it, since it's an interesting question, anyway.  sigh. 

#11 of 12 Old 07-02-2012, 12:48 PM

Yeah, I picked up on the name and the one post too.  But, I'll offer some information anyway.

Something not many people know . . . Bacterials, fungals and virals can not discern or discriminate between male and female cells.  The take-a-way from this is that the infections males contract and experience are the exact same infections females experience except females experience them more frequently.

It also means that the exact same medications that effectively and quickly treat females will be equally effective and speedy in males.  Has anyone ever heard of a female having to get their tender bits cut off to treat one of these infections? ? ?  Doesn't happen, does it?  So, why does it happen to males?  (Is there an elephant in the living room?) 

Blueberry159 likes this.
#12 of 12 Old 07-03-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankly Speaking View Post
 (Is there an elephant in the living room?) 

Possibly a wooly mammoth...

Tags
Circumcision

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page