So sad...he's not even 4 lbs. I need to vent - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-16-2012, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My cousin had her preemie baby boy circ'd yesterday. He isn't even four lbs yet! I tried convincing her before his birth to leave him intact but both she and her husband were adamant about circing him. I lost respect for her then but tried to not let it destroy our relationship. When I found out he was born early all concerns shifted to his well being and survival. I also, wrongly, thought that his being born early would buy him some time. I thought maybe if she saw how perfect he was and how much he was fighting to survive it would somehow cause her to have a change of heart. I also had no idea they would circ an infant so small. I thought she would have to wait until he was larger and have it done by his pediatrician. I am truly flabbergasted and don't know how long it will be (if ever) that I can look at my cousin in the face again. Ive always thought of her as a good mother until now. Its not like she didnt know what happens during a circ. i explained in graphic detail to her! I don't understand how she could hand her baby over to have him cut up!! Seriously it literally makes me cry. I can't believe they even give anesthetic to a preemie. Do they? How do they even perform the procedure on such a small baby!! I'm so sick to my stomach.
#2 of 3 Old 07-17-2012, 12:29 AM

That makes me feel ill, too.  I am shocked that they don't wait until the baby is bigger and stronger.  It seems to me like a baby that age/size is still meant to be in the womb and they should be doing what they can to protect him from any and all avoidable stimulation. Like, I'd think even bright lights and loud sounds would be too much for him.  

I think I would have the same feelings as you about your cousin.  I'm sorry!

Emma Bryan Fuller likes this.

Jayne, sewing up a storm mama to ds1 9/03, ds2 2/09, and 2 sweet furbabies.

#3 of 3 Old 07-25-2012, 10:05 AM

I think the doctors doing this were incredibly wrong. All infant circs are but this one takes the bait.

intactivist.gifwinner.jpg fambedsingle2.gif  learning.gif homeschool.gif buddamomimg1.png gd.gif delayedvax.gif selectivevax.gif  supermod.gif (Yeah right)

angel3.gif loss 2/28/03           photosmile2.gif  ds 1/5/08             asl.gif dd 2/8/10

When we know better, we do better. ~Maya Angelou 

Tags
Circumcision

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page