If you regret being circumcised post here - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 02-06-2013, 09:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugmenot View Post

This thread is all kinds of horrifying and sad. It's like watching someone get raped and realizing you can't do anything about it...ok, not really, but it's painful to be able to read this.

But, at the same time, it's great. It's great to know that people who were circumcised without their consent are doing something about it. Some are restoring. Even if a circumcised-but-regrets-it man will never have kids, or just had daughters and no sons, the ball is still rolling in the right direction.

It's the beginning of an avalanche. It's small right now, but it's growing larger by the day.

This thread is proof that the lies thought up by the doctors "he won't remember it" or "it's painless" or whatever they're saying is just that. LIes.

Keep fighting the good fight, everyone. Even if you're done having kids, you just had daughters, or even if your sons are circumcised and you realized you didn't know better at the time, you're still very much in the fight.

It is almost impossible to talk about it.  When anything horrific occurs to a baby they will grow up to accept whatever it is because they have no choice.  Every man who regrets his neonatal circumcision has had to have the motivation to question something that has been and always will be an intimate part of his world for his entire existence.   Hardly anybody experiences such motivation.  In the unfortunate event that observation leads one toward understanding the nature of what has happened the aversion against looking closer is as instinctive as looking away from the sun or recoiling from a hot flame.  For me this means I can never forgive myself for having the intellectual honesty to push myself to try to fully comprehend what circumcision really was.  It would have been the easiest thing in the world to remain ignorant and I was stupid enough to willfully ignore the instincts that would have kept me safe for the sake of something as empty as intellectual honesty and "truth".

For the rest of my life I will remain aware that I am being permanently gang raped by a trophy taking ethically diseased "medical" community gone horribly horribly wrong.  The fact that the rapists truly believed it was somehow for my own good fails to comfort me.  The fact that apparently most of their other victims successfully avoid personally confronting their loss and violation fails to comfort me.  the fact that the rapists continue to rape and continue to be allowed to openly rape and that they ridicule and belittle their victims who speak up is so far beyond unacceptable that it makes me physically ill over and over.

If we as a society were to blind, deafen, torture or otherwise maim and harm our newborns in large enough numbers it is obvious that we would by and large come to one day accept and defend it and that fact destroys all my faith in humanity.

Obviously I've lost a possibly enormous dimension of the physiological foundation of my sex life certainly but what really eats away at me and my life is the discovery of just how trivial it is to hide 100 million plus rapes in plain sight in my own culture.

Few men will post here.  Few men are reckless enough to confront something about which they instinctively know they can do nothing about and which undermines the value of what they often perceive as the most valuable dimension of their lives.

Its not really denial.  it's lack of exploration of a horrible bottomless dark place that holds no rewards and only pain and which taints and undermines the morality of their entire community at its simplest most basic and human levels and which puts their appreciation of the simplest of human pleasures to shame.

#32 of 35 Old 02-06-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugmenot View Post

This thread is all kinds of horrifying and sad. It's like watching someone get raped and realizing you can't do anything about it...ok, not really, but it's painful to be able to read this.

But, at the same time, it's great. It's great to know that people who were circumcised without their consent are doing something about it. Some are restoring. Even if a circumcised-but-regrets-it man will never have kids, or just had daughters and no sons, the ball is still rolling in the right direction.

It's the beginning of an avalanche. It's small right now, but it's growing larger by the day.

This thread is proof that the lies thought up by the doctors "he won't remember it" or "it's painless" or whatever they're saying is just that. LIes.

Keep fighting the good fight, everyone. Even if you're done having kids, you just had daughters, or even if your sons are circumcised and you realized you didn't know better at the time, you're still very much in the fight.

It is almost impossible to talk about it.  When anything horrific occurs to a baby they will grow up to accept whatever it is because they have no choice.  Every man who regrets his neonatal circumcision has had to have the motivation to question something that has been and always will be an intimate part of his world for his entire existence.   Hardly anybody experiences such motivation.  In the unfortunate event that observation leads one toward understanding the nature of what has happened the aversion against looking closer is as instinctive as looking away from the sun or recoiling from a hot flame.  For me this means I can never forgive myself for having the intellectual honesty to push myself to try to fully comprehend what circumcision really was.  It would have been the easiest thing in the world to remain ignorant and I was stupid enough to willfully ignore the instincts that would have kept me safe for the sake of something as empty as intellectual honesty and "truth".

For the rest of my life I will remain aware that I am being permanently gang raped by a trophy taking ethically diseased "medical" community gone horribly horribly wrong.  The fact that the rapists truly believed it was somehow for my own good fails to comfort me.  The fact that apparently most of their other victims successfully avoid personally confronting their loss and violation fails to comfort me.  the fact that the rapists continue to rape and continue to be allowed to openly rape and that they ridicule and belittle their victims who speak up is so far beyond unacceptable that it makes me physically ill over and over.

If we as a society were to blind, deafen, torture or otherwise maim and harm our newborns in large enough numbers it is obvious that we would by and large come to one day accept and defend it and that fact destroys all my faith in humanity.

Obviously I've lost a possibly enormous dimension of the physiological foundation of my sex life certainly but what really eats away at me and my life is the discovery of just how trivial it is to hide 100 million plus rapes in plain sight in my own culture.

Few men will post here.  Few men are reckless enough to confront something about which they instinctively know they can do nothing about and which undermines the value of what they often perceive as the most valuable dimension of their lives.

Its not really denial.  it's lack of exploration of a horrible bottomless dark place that holds no rewards and only pain and which taints and undermines the morality of their entire community at its simplest most basic and human levels and which puts their appreciation of the simplest of human pleasures to shame.

#33 of 35 Old 05-10-2013, 02:52 PM

Stumbled on this thread through google. Hope this isn't TMI or anything...

The scar tissue has been a hindrance for me, almost like they cut too much off. There have been times where it just sorta tears open, and I start bleeding a little.

In addition, I have another scar just below the head... I believe this has to do with not having enough skin, and causing an actual 'tear'.

Occasionally, I also feel sort of a phantom sensation, where the upper part of my penis seems ice cold. I can touch it, and 'feel' that it's warm / the same temperature as everything else, but I still have this icy sensation.

After having these problems, I had asked my mother why she had this done. Her response was 'because you have to clean it' :/

#34 of 35 Old 05-11-2013, 04:16 PM

And norm-uk.org

Britain, where infant boys are very rarely circumcised, but older males - pre-pubescent and adult - are far too often circumcised for spurious penis health issues.

Christopher

Education is the discovery of our own ignorance. Will Durant

"You give a little love and it all comes back to you....

You know you gonna be remembered for the things you say and do."

Bugsy Malone

#35 of 35 Old 05-11-2013, 06:05 PM

BB004 - nothing is TMI when discussing circumcision and all its consequences. We can't approach the subject properly without the freedom to be explicit.

I think it's possible that you had too much removed, judging by your comments. Every baby boy's natural penis grows in tandem with his body as the years go by, including his foreskin of course. You should have been left with enough foreskin for your penis to 'grow into' as you grew older, leaving your glans permanently exposed as an adult but without the problems you have now. I was sadly but necessarily circumcised as an adult, with none of the problems you are suffering - except for the matter of sensation which you mentioned.

When you say the upper part of your penis, I'm assuming you mean your exposed glans (head). You explain: "Occasionally, I also feel sort of a phantom sensation, where the upper part of my penis seems ice cold. I can touch it, and 'feel' that it's warm / the same temperature as everything else, but I still have this icy sensation."

I'm not sure I understand the "icy" sensation you speak of, but I do understand the "same temperature as everything else." I use a tap (faucet in American English) to wash residue urine from my penis after urinating when I can. (Not an option when using public urinals, of course.) But when I can, I have discovered a shocking fact... icy cold or very hot water on my de-sensitised glans gives me no sensation at all, and I mean nothing other than a sense of pressure as the water falls. But I recoil in an instinctive reaction to cold or heat if the water splashes on shaft skin. Is this what you mean? Or are your finger tips much colder than the head of your penis when you touch, perhaps?

Christopher

Education is the discovery of our own ignorance. Will Durant

"You give a little love and it all comes back to you....

You know you gonna be remembered for the things you say and do."

Bugsy Malone

Tags
Circumcision

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page