AAP and "affordable care act" - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-16-2013, 05:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm sure everyone here knows about the AAP's new stance and that it aims to get insurance companies to cover circumcision or not to drop it "The AAP believes the health benefits are great enough that infant male circumcision should be covered by insurance, which would increase access to the procedure for families who choose it." . Then, while listening to debate about the "affordable care act" I realized they must be planning something much more calculated. I think the reason for the new stance is to get the "affordable care act" to cover circumcision.

#2 of 2 Old 03-18-2013, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Nothing would shock me.  Some states medicaid still covers it.  The money that pays for medicaid comes from the same place that they money that'll pay for obamacare comes from so it only stands to reason.  I hadn't considered this in relation to obamacare but when I read their new stance, figured they wanted medicaid to cover it in all 50 states.

I'm thoroughly disgusted that money taken from us is used to fund amputation of unconsenting individuals, among other things.

Sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.

Tags
Circumcision

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page