basis of argument - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-14-2014, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So i lost with my gf sister they cut the baby last sunday.  My gf says its healing well but ohwell Atleast I was able to convince her that she has to love her whole baby i dont know why she changed her mind ill have to ask.  Its still kind of hard to look at the baby bc i feel like I failed to protect him.  I think I will make a donation in his name to intact america so hopefully that will go to educate more parents.

I was just wondering if anyone else thinks its crazy that they need to try to convince parents that they shouldnt cut perfectly normal healthy tissue off of their child for no reason and they look at you like your the crazy one? has anyone else ever experienced this?

#2 of 2 Old 03-14-2014, 12:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Yes, I've experienced it.  My SIL was pregnant w/ twin boys at the same time I was pregnant w/ my last, who turned out to be a boy (she had lots of ultrasounds so she knew, I had only one early in pregnancy).  I sent her info & asked her to consider it.  Nope.  She decided I was questioning her parenting, which of course, isn't true.  I felt very bad for the boys & didn't want any parts of them being born & leaving the hospital (yes, after a month long NICU stay they got to graduate by getting their penis parts amputated).

Yes, I've made donations in honor of the whole boys that they once were to INtact America & probably NOCIRC too.  I think that's about the best we can do.  Some poeple think that they have the right to have parts of their children removed.  As long as there are doctors to perform such procedures, there will be parents who do.  In the end, for the most part, I blame the doctors.  They're often the ones who suggest or recommend it or at the least, aren't honest that it's not necessary.  In a case like my SIL & your gf's sister, I also blame them.  When someone digs their head so far in the sand that they won't even read a website, I believe that person also bears some of the responsibility.  For parents who simply listened to their doctors, I don't blame them nearly as much if at all.  Most of the time they felt they shouldn't but were pressured by one or more people.  There's a huge long regret thread here.  It is some very sad reading.  Those parents were duped, the vast majority of them.  My SIL? She's willfully ignorant & her children have paid the price.

The only other thing I'd suggest is printing out the info you gave to this person to show the child when he turns 18 if that would be possible.  You could say here's the info that was given.  

Best wishes,

Sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.

Tags
Circumcision

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page