Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bump again...
#33 of 37 Old 10-26-2007, 12:18 PM

Thanks, I really needed this. Your absolutely right, the regret and extreme remorse poisons the relationship a mother has with her circumcised child.
#34 of 37 Old 10-26-2007, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankly Speaking View Post
The most important thing is to say "Son, I didn't know better then and now I wish I had." The bond between mother and son is strong and as long as the mother is candid and honest, that bond will be preserved. OTOH, if she denies him and his feelings and her motives, that bond can be irrepairably damaged.

Frank
That's what happened to my husband. He tried being honest with his parents about how he hates being circumcised, but his mom blew him off. She refuses to apologize or even admit it was a bad decision. At this point their relationship is strained. They talk, but there are no strong bonds.

Reneé, 33 year old mom to Antonin 8/04 nocirc.gif and Arianna 9/06 gd.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif (6 weeks) 5/08. Married to Matt since 6/03 blowkiss.gif.  TTC a little rainbow rainbow1284.gifchartnew.gif http://www.FertilityFriend.com/home/4e4ac9 Currently in the 2WW 
#35 of 37 Old 11-10-2007, 06:46 PM

Bump
#36 of 37 Old 11-16-2007, 06:53 AM

Thank you for this.

Not a day goes by that I don't regret this ignorant decision. : Its to the point that I dont want any more children because if I have another boy, he will be uncirc'd of course, and I don't know if I will have the strength to see my perfect first born little boy's body that became mutiliated by me:

Its so hard to live with this mistake. Please try to keep that in mind when you see a circ'd little boy. The parents may regret it now and you don't know that while you are silently thinking they are proud of their dumb dumb dumb decision.
#37 of 37 Old 04-25-2008, 05:23 AM

Bump...I think there are always lots of Moms who need to read this letter...

Please know that no one here judges you. And I don't believe your sons will either. As Acksiom says - the measure of your regret is a powerful indication of the overwhelming love you have for your son and your incredible desire to protect him from all hurt and wrong.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page