Have you been with an intact man - Mothering Forums
View Poll Results: Have you been with an intact male?
Yes - and I prefer it 60 50.00%
Yes - but it was gross 8 6.67%
No - and I prefer it that way 8 6.67%
No - but I want to 44 36.67%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 78 Old 09-29-2004, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm just wondering. Most people I know have never seen one and think that it's gross. I've been with an intact male and wish every day that DH was intact.

Monica - single mama to DS nono02.gifand DD blowkiss.gif

#2 of 78 Old 09-29-2004, 08:31 AM

never have been, but I would be more than happy to if DH decides to restore I used to do CNA work though and have seen intact men and I don't see anything gross about it at all and honestly it irritates me when anyone says an intact man is gross....
#3 of 78 Old 09-29-2004, 09:33 AM

I've never been with a circ'd man! I've never seen a circ'd man in real life. I've seen some babies and small children that were circ'd.
I had a friend in Jamaica that was Jewish, and the first time I saw her ds naked, I thought there was something horribly wrong with him, I thought he had a birth defect! Me in my ignorance actually asked what was wrong with him, and if they were going to perform surgery to correct it
It still looks so strange to me, I can't get used to it.
#4 of 78 Old 09-29-2004, 09:37 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
i've never been an intact man, i never even saw an intact penis irl until ds.

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#5 of 78 Old 09-29-2004, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenkids
I've never been with a circ'd man! I've never seen a circ'd man in real life. I've seen some babies and small children that were circ'd.
Ditto for me.

I really am disturbed when I see a circ'd baby too. I really try not to change my friends' babies' diapers just so I don't have to think about what happened to them. It's given me nightmares in the past.

WAHMama to Allen (2-10-05) and Alexa (6-27-08)
#6 of 78 Old 09-29-2004, 10:20 AM

Well, my dh is intact, and he's the only man I've been with, so I don't have anything to compare to sexually.

But I've seen circed little boys (my brothers were circed, all my cousins are circed, etc) and growing up, that was the 'norm'.

But I've never thought dh's penis was gross. I never even thought about the fact that he was intact, rather than circed. I only became an activist once I had ds, and realised that there were people out there who would cut off part of his penis if I let them.

Now that I know, I am very, very grateful (for any number of reasons! ) that dh is intact.
#7 of 78 Old 09-29-2004, 10:29 AM

I posted yes, it was gross, but not because his penis was gross. He was just small and didn't seem that sensitive.
#8 of 78 Old 09-29-2004, 11:35 AM

I voted no but I want to. But I don't really want to. My dh is circed and I never want to be with anyone else but him again. Having said that however, if I were single, I would love to have an experience with an intact man.

Confused yet? LOL

Take care,
Tara

Tara Momma to Callum and Gavin
#9 of 78 Old 09-29-2004, 11:57 AM

My husband is intact. Call me stupid, but it took me a while to even figure out what was different about him...It's not in the least bit gross to me. This is the love of my life, everything about him was perfect in my eyes In fact, I think it actually makes things a bit more fun

Mom to a 6 year old, a 3 year old, and a cuddly little newborn
#10 of 78 Old 09-29-2004, 12:06 PM

My husband is intact....and I love it. I have been with one other intact man too and it is definitely better with an intact man. I can't even really recall the others they were so forgetable. But these two...

DD april 4/06, DS April 2/08. Someone new in fall '12.
#11 of 78 Old 09-29-2004, 12:22 PM

I have only been with circ'ed guys. I voted No and I prefer it that way. But thats only because I dont ever want to have sex with another man. So thats the option that fit me best.
#12 of 78 Old 09-29-2004, 12:25 PM

I have only been with my husband who is circ'd. I cant say i am overly curious to be with an intact man.

But, i have cared for many men who were intact, as a nurse, and i dont think its gross at all.
#13 of 78 Old 09-29-2004, 12:27 PM

I married my first- and he is intact (so is everyone else in my country) so I have no idea how circed men are, they gross me out just thinking about their unnatural, foreskin-less penises, YUCK.
#14 of 78 Old 09-29-2004, 12:32 PM

LMB, I understand that this is the Circ forum. So I am treading lightyly.

But i dont think its really nice of you to criticize my husbands penis, especially since he had no choice in the matter.
#15 of 78 Old 09-29-2004, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbaby3
LMB, I understand that this is the Circ forum. So I am treading lightyly.

But i dont think its really nice of you to criticize my husbands penis, especially since he had no choice in the matter.

I really don't think she is trying to critisize your husband (many of us have stated that our husbands are circ'ed, including my own) I really don't think this was aimed at your or meant to be offensive.
#16 of 78 Old 09-29-2004, 12:37 PM

I don't think either is gross. One as more skin then the other.
#17 of 78 Old 09-29-2004, 12:40 PM

Ok, I think I voted wrong.

i said "No, and I like it that way" because dh is circ'd and I don't want to be with anyone else. BUT after years of this, I should have bought stock in KY so, I would like to still be with dh, but it probably sould be better in bed for both of us if her were intact!

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#18 of 78 Old 09-29-2004, 12:40 PM

Point taken, Tara.
#19 of 78 Old 09-29-2004, 12:43 PM

i have been with mainly intact men as intact is the norm here. the only guy i have slept with who was circ'd had it done as an adult as he had a prob with retracting. i think they were all fine and dandy!
#20 of 78 Old 09-29-2004, 12:44 PM

Those are the kind of things that are acceptable and normally said about intact men instead of circumcised men. While we are not *allowed* to complain about this treatment of intact men, it is often seen as politically incorrect to say the same things about circumcised men. That's just wrong. Those kind of things are very hurtful to intact men because it is so often stated with impunity and is "common knowledge" while circumcised men readily recognize that this is just the opinion of a single person and don't take it as offense. That clearly needs to change.

Frank
#21 of 78 Old 09-29-2004, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankly Speaking
Those are the kind of things that are normally said about intact men instead of circumcised men. While we are not *allowed* to complain about this treatment of intact men, it is often seen as politically incorrect to say the same things about circumcised men. That's just wrong. Those kind of things are very hurtful to intact men because it si so often stated and is "common knowledge" while circumcised men readily recognize that this is just the opinion of a single person and don't take it as offense. That clearly needs to change.

Frank

exactly. ofcourse you wont say anything about an intact penis being called gross, sweetbaby. I keep my position of finding cut penises unnatural and yes, GROSS. I dont think your husband is, it's not a personal attack.
#22 of 78 Old 09-29-2004, 12:58 PM

How about "yes- no prefence"?

LMB- how about some tact? It shouldn't be said about any man and his penis, circ'd or uncirc'd. Nor should the same be said of women who have been forcively circ'd without their permission.

And Frank- "While we are not *allowed* to complain about this treatment of intact men" We certainly should be, and hopefully many of us DO speak out against such disgusting and hurtful comments.
#23 of 78 Old 09-29-2004, 01:01 PM

see it doesn't make sense. the poll options say "yes, and it's gross" but how come there isn't a "no, I would never because it's gross" option. unfair, if you ask me.
#24 of 78 Old 09-29-2004, 01:02 PM

and for like about the fifth time i didn't say any MAN WAS GROSS.
#25 of 78 Old 09-29-2004, 01:02 PM

I would venture that LMB meant that it wasn't the MAN who is disgusting, but a circ'd penis makes her think of the circumcision itself, how it is embedded in the American culture, how doctors practically force it on us, how everyone thinks it's NORMAL to cut baby boys.
THAT is disgusting.
#26 of 78 Old 09-29-2004, 01:06 PM

You said: They gross me out just thinking about their unnatural foreskin-less penises, YUCK.

We are talking about having been or not been intimate with an intact man.

I suppose we could split hairs and say she was talking about the penis and not the man, but the reality is the penis is attached to the man, and we are specifically talking about sex with an intact or not intact penis. So when she said "gross' and "yuck" one can assume she is referring to the whole person and not just the appendage.

That said, Frank, i agree with your pov.
#27 of 78 Old 09-29-2004, 01:12 PM

well, again, I was not referring to the man, I am referring to the penis. Let me explain... for example, let's say I was single, and dating a cut man. I would refuse to have sex with him even if I he were Brad Pitt. because, even though Brad Pitt is OH MY GOSH so cute, I would be grossed out by the penis. not the man. the penis. I feel terribly bad for what his mother did to him, I do. and I hope he gets over the trauma, I wish him the best, but would *I* sleep with him? NO.
#28 of 78 Old 09-29-2004, 01:50 PM

Probably TMI...

My first serious boyfriend was intact. There was definitely less chafing and he had a lot of staying power esp for a guy that age (16-19 while we were together). Unfortunately he wasn't particularly, ah, skilled so it's hard to make an objective comparison.
#29 of 78 Old 09-29-2004, 02:11 PM

Posted "Yes and prefer it"

But, you know, seriously folks, there is a person attached to the penis. An a$$h**e with a foreskin ( is that anatomically possible?) is still a creep. (Or would it be crepe-y?)

>cough< Sorry. I've gotten like my son who now, at an uncirc'ed 2.5 years says "poop" or "penis" and giggles uncontrollably. My mind is in the gutter.
#30 of 78 Old 09-29-2004, 03:00 PM

Something about this thread makes me sad...
LMB, I do see your point, and you're being very honest. But that's so sad that a hypothetical man is now repulsive to you because of something done to him as a baby.
But I can understand it, nevertheless.
To really see where you're coming from requires a streach of the imagination, though.
I have to think in terms of "Suppose I was a lesbian" (which is already pretty far out, but not inconcieveable)...and suppose I met a woman I liked immensely who immigrated to America from Africa when she was little. But she'd been circed before she got here.
Honestly, I think this would affect my attraction to her. It would just be terribly disturbing...
This might be shallow, but I wouldn't be able to help it.
Sad, sad, sad...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page