A word from a teen - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 98 Old 05-04-2005, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi!

I've ended up on these forums after another research on circumcision on the web.
I'd like to thank you all for your awareness of this evil procedure and your will to stop it.
Only people with such a good heart like yours can understand how useless and painful circ is.
I'm sure that these forums have helped many parents to decide to stop this madness... pain... torture.

I'm 15 years old teen, intact (). I’m happy that there are people like you, helping us not getting our foreskins chopped off for no reason at all.

I am proud to say that I helped 2 boys decide not to have the circ done on them, even though it was part of their religion (and they are still happy).

In my opinion parents have no right to decide to chop off part of their boy's body just because they _think_ it's better, or even worse, for them to look like their father or brothers or whatever.

I especially hate the "it's cleaner' rumors. I'm uncut, with a long foreskin (not too long, but it covers the whole head of the penis) and it is very clean.
I know boys who had their foreskins cut just because their so called "friends" suggested them it and told them it’s cleaner.

Some don't even realize that circ is an operation where they cut a part of you, they think they just "make the head always visible" and when they go to the operation room, they can’t say NO.

I know one boy who had circumcision done for religious reasons when he was 6. The pain killers didn’t affect him, so, they just TIED HIM AND HELD HIM WHILE CUTTING! He said it was so painful that most of the (not so small) hospital could hear his screams.

Another example that I witnessed was another guy from my class. His mom married with another guy who apparently was obsessed with circumcision... needless to say, he was cut in a year after they engaged.

Parents should be more educated on this stuff.
I know that if my mom would have me circ'ed, I’d NEVER forgive her.

I speak now for many teens out there...Thank you.
I specially thank Frank as it seems that he is one of the best contributors
#2 of 98 Old 05-04-2005, 06:03 PM

Welcome

I look forward to yuor contributions to this forum.

Is this for real?:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFedNed
Another example that I witnessed was another guy from my class. His mom married with another guy who apparently was obsessed with circumcision... needless to say, he was cut in a year after they engaged.
Ignorance is one thing, but this?? Pardon me, but I think that this is child abuse!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that guy is getting all the support he needs.
#3 of 98 Old 05-04-2005, 06:16 PM

Nice post! Its nice to hear from someone who is a teen being uncut.
#4 of 98 Old 05-04-2005, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbear
Welcome

I look forward to yuor contributions to this forum.

Is this for real?:

Ignorance is one thing, but this?? Pardon me, but I think that this is child abuse!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that guy is getting all the support he needs.
It's all true :'(.

Whats wrong with our society?
#5 of 98 Old 05-05-2005, 12:53 AM

Quote:
I speak now for many teens out there...Thank you.
I specially thank Frank as it seems that he is one of the best contributors
Thanks for the recognition!

Frank
#6 of 98 Old 05-05-2005, 02:11 AM

I am glad to hear your testimony! Welcome!!!

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#7 of 98 Old 05-05-2005, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Hi!
I know one boy who had circumcision done for religious reasons when he was 6. The pain killers didn’t affect him, so, they just TIED HIM AND HELD HIM WHILE CUTTING! He said it was so painful that most of the (not so small) hospital could hear his screams.
This caught my eye. Is this really OK in USA?
I know this board is dedicated mostly to stop circumcision in USA but I thought this would be excellent reminder that most boys in the world are circumcised just like this. And the really saddest part is that no human rights organisation dare to speak up against it because this practise is done for you-know-what reasons.

I have met men (refugees)from Turkey and Palestine who have said that that day was the most horrible day in their life and they never forget the pain. And this is often done in front of the whole family. One can only imagine what that does to little boy's mind.

To OP, I wish there were more young men speaking up on mothering boards against circumcision. Thanks for posting this.
#8 of 98 Old 05-05-2005, 03:23 AM - Thread Starter

I am not sure if it would be legal in USA, but in this cursed place (Israel) nobody cares.

For example they might force me () of getting me circ'ed in army or rather beat me up.
And I’m not even Jewish, so what’s the %$^%$^ point?
#9 of 98 Old 05-05-2005, 04:14 AM

welcome to MDC.

Frank *is* one of the best contributors.

you should let your friend(s) know about restoration, if you haven't already.

~ k., who thinks it's great that the younger generation are slowly opening their eyes to the idiocies of our society...
#10 of 98 Old 05-05-2005, 04:15 AM

Quote:
I am not sure if it would be legal in USA, but in this cursed place (Israel) nobody cares.

For example they might force me () of getting me circ'ed in army or rather beat me up.
And I’m not even Jewish, so what’s the %$^%$^ point?
#11 of 98 Old 05-05-2005, 04:19 AM

Quote:

First of all. Are you saying if you join the army you HAVE to circ or are just going to do it to not get beat up?

Welcome! I have no sons (yet) but my boyfriend is intact! He's clean because there's such things as SOAP!
#12 of 98 Old 05-05-2005, 04:38 AM - Thread Starter

Ill probably have to get cut or ill be beaten up and mocked for the whole 3 years period of army (noting that they REQUIRE me to join)

I'd never get cut but... I really don't know. I probably will just get beaten up and stay intact.

I begin to understand why so many people in this world hate israelis. You can delete this post, but it's what i think and i didnt come here to lie.
#13 of 98 Old 05-05-2005, 04:42 AM

Quote:
I have met men (refugees)from Turkey and Palestine who have said that that day was the most horrible day in their life and they never forget the pain.
Or course RIC is the way to go, cause then they can never voice their agony.

I am, of course, being sarcastic...it is sickening!

Welcome to the forum, it's great to hear from you!!
#14 of 98 Old 05-05-2005, 04:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTook
Welcome to the forum, it's great to hear from you!!
Thanks!
#15 of 98 Old 05-05-2005, 07:51 AM

Welcome! It's great to know you!
So you're from Israel. I imagine that's not an easy place for an intact man to live! Have you lived there all your life? Is army service compulsory for everyone who lives there?
#16 of 98 Old 05-05-2005, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter

I live here from ~1995 when I moved here from Ukraine (didn't have much choice, being 4 or 5 years old at the time).
My mom thought we would have better job opportunities here... wrong.

And yeah, being intact in a place like this is hell.
Most of the intact people i know got circumcised because of peer pressure and because they were afraid to get beaten up in army.

I just hope I could move somewhere before it's too late :-/
#17 of 98 Old 05-05-2005, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Most of the intact people i know got circumcised because of peer pressure and because they were afraid to get beaten up in army.
OMG, that's awful! to all of them, and you. I hope this doesn't happen to you too.
#18 of 98 Old 05-05-2005, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayndrewsmama
OMG, that's awful! to all of them, and you. I hope this doesn't happen to you too.
Thanks! Though I'm still stuck and I don't know what to do
Suggestions, anyone?
#19 of 98 Old 05-05-2005, 11:33 AM

Yes, work with your parents to protect you until you can get out of the country and then move to a safe place as soon as possible. Most likely, to the US or a western European country.

Frank
#20 of 98 Old 05-05-2005, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

There won't be any problems before army, before i'm 18 as nobody really knows i'm intact.
When i'll have to join the army however, It'll be hell.

I see no way to get out of this except moving from this country before I'm 18, but how and where?
#21 of 98 Old 05-05-2005, 11:58 AM

Quote:
When i'll have to join the army however, It'll be hell.
I had no idea that this was mandatory. What is the reason? Probably not a logical one, I guess.
#22 of 98 Old 05-05-2005, 12:16 PM

Like Frank said, if your parent's are supportive you have great allies in creating something incredible for yourself. Find a dream. Apply in another country for a scholarship?, peacecorps? simply move and get a job? Start digging and I am sure you will find something. If you are old enough to be in an army you sure are old enough to start your own exploration. Opportunities are plentiful: more so than many people think they are.

Good luck to you.
#23 of 98 Old 05-05-2005, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I’ve been trying to contact UK's, USA's immigration offices and asking them for advice but I never got any reply.
As for parental support - my mom doesn’t know about this problem, and if she will, her choice would be to circumcise (yeah, I know ).
I might get some money for tickets for the plain and maybe a bit more as after studying programming and system development (just to get money to move out of this place!) I found a programming partner and we might sell a couple of programs (he's from UK).
Either way, with some money or without, I have nobody abroad who could provide me place to live in until I pay off the bills and buy an apartment.

I'll be grateful for your suggestions as I’m totally depressed from all this...
#24 of 98 Old 05-05-2005, 12:42 PM

I wonder if ARC would be interested in an asylum case. . . .
#25 of 98 Old 05-05-2005, 12:58 PM

To OP. Have you ever contacted www.jewsagainstcircumcision.org (there is a contact us - link on their site). I know they have connections to Israel, maybe they would know how to find support group - you cannot be the only intact male there.

ps. http://www.kahal.org/
#26 of 98 Old 05-05-2005, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

Those support groups are for:
1) Jewish
2) Before/After army

Doesn't really work for me in any case. In army you don't chose who you want to be with.
The only way is to leave this country (which I wanted to do the past 8 years)
#27 of 98 Old 05-05-2005, 01:31 PM

I've never heard that those organisations would not help anyone who asks advice and help - jewish or not.

Do you still have citizenship of your old home country Ukraine? Any relatives there?

Have you concidered a conscientious objector status? I know they throw you in jail for that - no matter what your religion is - but maybe better than 3 years in army?

I recently read an article about parents in Israel leaving their sons intact, so you absolutely cannot be the only one.

As far as moving to EU countries, it isn't easy. Even if you come to study, you have to have lot of €€€€ to get a study-visa. Not to mention other VISAs or residency permits. You might get a short term visitors/student visa but then you have to go back to Israel and army(how old they still draft?)

USA is even more difficult especially after 9/11 & homeland security laws and especially the area you are trying to immigrate from. It would be a very long process, lot of questions asked in small rooms under bright lights and you would have to have really really good reason and lots of $$$$$$$$$.

Not very comforting, I know :/
#28 of 98 Old 05-05-2005, 01:31 PM

Quote:

I just hope I could move somewhere before it's too late :-/

I am really sorry to hear of your situation. I do think it speaks volumes, that even though the social pressure is high, you still value being intact. Usually I hear from people saying the "locker room" situation is so terrible that it's more humane to circ than let a boy be teased. In my opinion, it's the teasers that are the problem, not the foreskin.

I hope you are able to escape your country.
#29 of 98 Old 05-05-2005, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

kxsiven, yeah i can do many things to get in jail. But then I will never be allowed to leave the country (and lets just say, i wont be able to live with that).
Plus I'll still have to join army afterwards

Quote:
I recently read an article about parents in Israel leaving their sons intact, so you absolutely cannot be the only one.
Yeah, some are intact, untill army. Even the small % who stay intact doesnt make it any better.

Thank you all for the advice!

Any other suggestions?
#30 of 98 Old 05-05-2005, 02:04 PM

what an awful situation! I hope you are able to find a way out of joining the Army. you have lots of time to work out a plan at least and get out of there!

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page