They took before and after pics - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 37 Old 07-27-2005, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My dh's cousin took before and after pics of his ds's circ.
How are they going to present this picture?
"Here son. This is a picture of what we had cut off of you for no good reason." : :Puke

Momma to three fine children, one that lives in my heart and two that live in my arms.
Circumcision is wrong, regardless of gender
#2 of 37 Old 07-27-2005, 05:19 PM

That is positively sick and abhorrent.
#3 of 37 Old 07-27-2005, 05:30 PM
SKK

That's really sick! Other than that, I'm speechless.
#4 of 37 Old 07-27-2005, 05:36 PM

Bizarre.
#5 of 37 Old 07-27-2005, 05:43 PM

:Puke

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to
#6 of 37 Old 07-27-2005, 05:48 PM

:Puke

That is utterly horrifying and disgusting.

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
#7 of 37 Old 07-27-2005, 06:15 PM

That is just weird. What on earth are they thinking?
#8 of 37 Old 07-27-2005, 09:55 PM

eeeewwwww :

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#9 of 37 Old 07-28-2005, 04:18 AM

Very strange, very odd.

Very, very sad.

~Nay “The Intactavist Doula” : my little booby bandito, Antonin

I love my super supportive DH Our kitties!

Reneé, 33 year old mom to Antonin 8/04 nocirc.gif and Arianna 9/06 gd.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif (6 weeks) 5/08. Married to Matt since 6/03 blowkiss.gif.  TTC a little rainbow rainbow1284.gifchartnew.gif http://www.FertilityFriend.com/home/4e4ac9 Currently in the 2WW 
#10 of 37 Old 07-28-2005, 09:49 AM

Are they planning on making a quick fortune sueing the doctors at some future time? Find any fingers in your chili lately?
#11 of 37 Old 07-28-2005, 10:05 AM

My dh has a *circ* photo album.I assume that his culture typically does this.I was horrified when MIL brought it out to proudly display.All I could manage to say was," I'll never do this if I have a boy."

I wish I would have said," Look at your poor sons(fraternal twin boys) at the tender age of 5,(pointing to the moment of the cut) he(and I) lost normal sexual relations forever right at that very moment. You took that away from US. Was it worth it? Do you still think you have a right to do that to a child and his/her future partner? Shame on you if you answer yes."

I can say it now,but it doesn't have the same impact.

Some people get off big time with cutting.I wonder if this baby boy will ever see those pictures.By that time he will be conditioned to think his cut penis is cleaner and healthier.
#12 of 37 Old 07-28-2005, 10:23 AM

Oh I'm quite sure the pics will be pulled out and shown to him so he can see how "ugly" his little intact penis was, and how much better his circed penis looks. And maybe they'll even point out how little skin was removed to justify their position.

He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.  ~Albert Einstein
#13 of 37 Old 07-28-2005, 01:55 PM

Wow, that's really disgusting. I just can't understand that state of mind at all.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#14 of 37 Old 07-28-2005, 03:42 PM

OT--

my older son is circ. (younger intact). I have a couple of pictures where you can see his penis precirc. While the pictures make me sad about my regretable choice I am happy that exist. I don't know if that makes any sense.
#15 of 37 Old 07-28-2005, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnnice
OT--

my older son is circ. (younger intact). I have a couple of pictures where you can see his penis precirc. While the pictures make me sad about my regretable choice I am happy that exist. I don't know if that makes any sense.

I think this is common. I know I have tons of pictures of my kids taken in the delivery room and in a lot of the shots they don't have any clothes on yet. It's not like you are specifically photographing the genital area. I do think it is extremely inappropriate to take before/after shots of a circ though. Intentionally taking pictures of your child's genital area just seems creepy. I don't have a problem with things like bathtub pictures.

mama to six ('98, '00, '04, '04, '06, '08)
#16 of 37 Old 07-28-2005, 11:10 PM

Taking pics of a child's genitals for the express purpose of taking pictures of their genitals is just wrong. I have delivery room and infant pictures of dd in which she is unclothed as an infant, but they were obviously not taken for the purpose of showing her private parts! This sickens me, I'm also surprised that anyone is willing to print this sort of thing as I have heard of people getting in trouble for just taking the standard "naked toddler in the bath" pics that I have from my own childhood.
#17 of 37 Old 07-29-2005, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minky
Taking pics of a child's genitals for the express purpose of taking pictures of their genitals is just wrong. I have delivery room and infant pictures of dd in which she is unclothed as an infant, but they were obviously not taken for the purpose of showing her private parts! This sickens me, I'm also surprised that anyone is willing to print this sort of thing as I have heard of people getting in trouble for just taking the standard "naked toddler in the bath" pics that I have from my own childhood.
I just don't agree with you completely. I think that much of the reason why circumcision has been allowed to flourish so many years in our country is exactly because of what you're saying--basically genitals are something to be hidden away, never seen, or mentioned. They "sicken" people to the point that it's much easier to ignore them, and that means also ignoring how so many newborn boys are needlessly tortured in our country.

The penis, scrotum, perineum, anus, vulva, clitoris--those body parts people just can bring themselves to whisper--let alone say outloud. They are just another body part. There is nothing dirty or shameful about them. I think that until people are comfortable talking about the genitals like they would an arm or leg we will never see circumcision completely gone from this country.

I'm not picking on you, in fact this post isn't about you at all, so please don't get offensive. I just think this is a subject that needs to be addressed among most people.

Reneé, 33 year old mom to Antonin 8/04 nocirc.gif and Arianna 9/06 gd.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif (6 weeks) 5/08. Married to Matt since 6/03 blowkiss.gif.  TTC a little rainbow rainbow1284.gifchartnew.gif http://www.FertilityFriend.com/home/4e4ac9 Currently in the 2WW 
#18 of 37 Old 07-29-2005, 01:21 AM

I just wanted to mention when I worked in the hospital birth center, I remember one dad INSISTING on taking before and after photos. He seemed to think the whole ordeal was quite humorous. Another young couple followed along to the circ room and ran back for the video camera... @@ People never fail to amaze (and disgust) me.

Jen
#19 of 37 Old 07-29-2005, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower_mommy
I just wanted to mention when I worked in the hospital birth center, I remember one dad INSISTING on taking before and after photos. He seemed to think the whole ordeal was quite humorous. Another young couple followed along to the circ room and ran back for the video camera... @@ People never fail to amaze (and disgust) me.

Jen
Finding humor in deliberately hurting a newborn really is disgusting. I wouldn't have been able to keep my temper in check as I told him what an awful person he is.

#20 of 37 Old 07-29-2005, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoninBeGonin
I just don't agree with you completely. I think that much of the reason why circumcision has been allowed to flourish so many years in our country is exactly because of what you're saying--basically genitals are something to be hidden away, never seen, or mentioned. They "sicken" people to the point that it's much easier to ignore them, and that means also ignoring how so many newborn boys are needlessly tortured in our country.

The penis, scrotum, perineum, anus, vulva, clitoris--those body parts people just can bring themselves to whisper--let alone say outloud. They are just another body part. There is nothing dirty or shameful about them. I think that until people are comfortable talking about the genitals like they would an arm or leg we will never see circumcision completely gone from this country.

I'm not picking on you, in fact this post isn't about you at all, so please don't get offensive. I just think this is a subject that needs to be addressed among most people.

What I meant about the picutures was they could fall into a real sicko's hands esp. if they get on the internet.

Theres nothing wrong with nudity. I don't think people should be sicked out by seeing a little boy or little girl running in the yard naked, playing in the sprinkler. I think that sort of thing would raise awareness about there being many uncut little guys out there.

I have "naked baby in the bath" and naked delivery room pics. I even have a few of dd where she has stripped her clothes off and is running round the house with her blanky on like a cape. I would never put those on the net but yes when family and friends come over dd will point out the "bare bottom" pic if we are sharing baby photos.

I am a bit paranoid about all the real sickos out there who get off on looking at little kids' parts which is why I would think a pic focusing on a child's genetalia would be rejected by the photo store and authorities notified. Nothing I've ever taken of my dd focuses on her private parts even if they happen to be in the picture.
#21 of 37 Old 07-29-2005, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minky
What I meant about the picutures was they could fall into a real sicko's hands esp. if they get on the internet.

Theres nothing wrong with nudity. I don't think people should be sicked out by seeing a little boy or little girl running in the yard naked, playing in the sprinkler. I think that sort of thing would raise awareness about there being many uncut little guys out there.

I have "naked baby in the bath" and naked delivery room pics. I even have a few of dd where she has stripped her clothes off and is running round the house with her blanky on like a cape. I would never put those on the net but yes when family and friends come over dd will point out the "bare bottom" pic if we are sharing baby photos.

I am a bit paranoid about all the real sickos out there who get off on looking at little kids' parts which is why I would think a pic focusing on a child's genetalia would be rejected by the photo store and authorities notified. Nothing I've ever taken of my dd focuses on her private parts even if they happen to be in the picture.
That makes sense. On the other hand, if we could convince our society to think of private parts such as we do arms or legs then I doubt we'd have as much problem with perverts. Maybe I'm wrong, but you know the saying, "I only want it because it's not allowed". I'm sure that works (subconsciously) into the minds of perverts also.

Anyhow, just my two cents.

Cheers!

#22 of 37 Old 07-30-2005, 03:44 AM

Thats certainly a thought. However I can't see mainstream society changing any time soon so I think we all need to watch out for perverts and protect our children. It's hard raising kids to be comfortable with their bodies in such a dangerous world, though.
#23 of 37 Old 07-30-2005, 08:51 AM

I agree with you, Minky. How DO we raise our children to be comfortable with their bodies when there are all these perverts running around? I wish I knew the answer to that one.
#24 of 37 Old 07-30-2005, 03:24 PM

Ok, I have a crap load of naked baby pictures. DS is 19 months and I STILL take naked pictures, and I will continue to do so until he doesn't feel comfortable. However, they don't go on the net, only to close family (my parents and inlaws). I let DS run around in the back yard naked as a jay bird and he loves it.

Now, I think taking naked pictures of your children is totally different than taking a close up shot of your childs genitalia. I don't think the vulva or the penis is gross or should be hidden, but it shouldn't be the focal point of a family picture. Reguardless if circ is involved at all. That to me seems odd and inappropriate.
#25 of 37 Old 07-31-2005, 03:15 PM

I think that the thing that bothers me about the "before and after" pictures, is what they imply. What are before and after pictures normally taken of? Makeovers, plastic surgery...things that are meant to "improve" you. What do they plan to do with these photos? Pull them out one day and say "Gee, son, look how hidious you were in your "before" pictures. Aren't you glad we had this done to you? See how much better you look?"

It's not the idea that they're pictures of genitals (I'm sure we all have a few naked baby pictures of our own children), but that the before and after pic concept reminds me so much of something off of Extreme Makeover - Infant Edition. I really don't understand what purpose they could serve, other than a justification by the parents that they're doing something to physically improve the child. It's just weird.
#26 of 37 Old 07-31-2005, 03:48 PM

how awful!

Jen read.gif Mama of 2 precious boys blowkiss.gif (9)  flowersforyou.gif (6)  and still in heartbeat.gif with my Matt hat.gif after 12 years together. 

rainbow1284.gif Domestic Violence Children's Advocate and Counselor hug2.gif

homebirth.jpg bf.jpg nocirc.gif ribbonjigsaw.gif 

#27 of 37 Old 07-31-2005, 04:12 PM

That is so weird!
#28 of 37 Old 07-31-2005, 04:46 PM

This just shows how "lightly" people take circ.
I used to feel this way ( : ), and I know most of my friends and relatives still do.

Ironically, although the parents probably wouldn't admit that the circ. was cosmetic surgery, they are practicing behavior that is totally typical of cosmetic surgery -- before and after pics.
#29 of 37 Old 07-31-2005, 06:47 PM

Rather OT, but when we went camping on the 4th of July there was a family that was letting their toddler girl run around naked. They had a corner lot, and the place was SLAMMIN. Seriously, I bet more than 200 adults went by them DAILY.
#30 of 37 Old 07-31-2005, 11:00 PM

I'm naked as a jaybird in almost every pic of me before I was about 11 (well, mostly in my underwear, my parents could only take so much) because I hated wearing clothes.....being naked is FUN and feels great. If my parents had only taken pics of me while dressed there would have been like 6 pics of me as a youth, all at birthday parties.

However, before and after circumcision pics of a baby's penis.........

:Puke and

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page