Sad, yet happy - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-23-2005, 01:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Today I babysat for my neighbor. He's a mainstreamer, single, nice guy. He has 2 sons, 3y and 9 mo...both circ'd. As I was changing the lil one's diaper, I caught myself just staring at his penis and almost teary. It actually looked ugly to me in a very odd sort of way. I told him I was sorry that happened to him, not that he understood. It made me sad.
I've seen more circ'd penises than non due to my very large and mainstream fam. But somehow, it all was different. Dunno.
I was bathing my almost 4 year old tonight and was happy to see him fully intact. So glad I did the research and listened to others and to reality.
#2 of 5 Old 09-23-2005, 01:30 AM

I know how you feel. I know it's not the same thing, but I feel the same way when I see my poor DH. I just remember he was a baby once, too, and someone did that to him. It makes me feel sad and a little depressed.

~Nay

Reneé, 33 year old mom to Antonin 8/04 nocirc.gif and Arianna 9/06 gd.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif (6 weeks) 5/08. Married to Matt since 6/03 blowkiss.gif.  TTC a little rainbow rainbow1284.gifchartnew.gif http://www.FertilityFriend.com/home/4e4ac9 Currently in the 2WW 
#3 of 5 Old 09-23-2005, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I was upset when I discovered that our summer nanny had her baby circ'ed. She and I had known each other for a long time, and she knew our sons were intact. When she was pregnant I talked to her About circ - she had no idea there were risks (including death). I e-mailed her some links.

We didn't talk about it again (I find it easier to be pushy on the Internet than in real life), but I am confident that her DH simply wouldn't hear of not circ'ing - if she even had the nerve to bring it up.

The heartbreaking thing in their case is that they tried for years to get pregnant, including IVF. Ironically, just as she was getting ready to start another round of hormone shots for an IVF procedure, she was pregnant. After waiting SO long and enduring so much to have a child, how could loving parents hand him off for circumcision?

If the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.

#4 of 5 Old 09-24-2005, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd_deadhead
I was upset when I discovered that our summer nanny had her baby circ'ed. She and I had known each other for a long time, and she knew our sons were intact. When she was pregnant I talked to her About circ - she had no idea there were risks (including death). I e-mailed her some links.

We didn't talk about it again (I find it easier to be pushy on the Internet than in real life), but I am confident that her DH simply wouldn't hear of not circ'ing - if she even had the nerve to bring it up.

The heartbreaking thing in their case is that they tried for years to get pregnant, including IVF. Ironically, just as she was getting ready to start another round of hormone shots for an IVF procedure, she was pregnant. After waiting SO long and enduring so much to have a child, how could loving parents hand him off for circumcision?

Who knows? I don't think I'll ever understand what's going on through these parents' heads.

~Nay

Reneé, 33 year old mom to Antonin 8/04 nocirc.gif and Arianna 9/06 gd.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif (6 weeks) 5/08. Married to Matt since 6/03 blowkiss.gif.  TTC a little rainbow rainbow1284.gifchartnew.gif http://www.FertilityFriend.com/home/4e4ac9 Currently in the 2WW 
#5 of 5 Old 09-24-2005, 02:03 AM

I a glad more people are being educated but a lot just do not want to hear that it is unnecessary. The debates can be ruthless and if you try to point out literature against circ you are an extremeist. My fisrt sone is circed because I didn't know better. Trenton is intact after going head to head wiht DH. I stood my ground and I am so glad I did. If I hear one more thing about infection I think I will smack the idiot making the staement. HUGS to all those boys with missing foreskins. (sorry this sounds judgemental but I am passionate about non cirumcizing!)

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page