Would you get divorced over it? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 96 Old 12-02-2005, 05:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh, sweetie... I just read your memorial page and I'm still crying. I can't even begin to imagine the pain you are feeling.

In answer to the question... it seems that maybe more is going here besides the circ issue? I personally wouldn't stay married to someone who was so forceful as to relentlessly demand a circ, but for many reasons. Have you and your dh gone to grief counseling together? Maybe something like that could help you two get back to being focused on eachother and really understanding eachother. Hopefully, with that help, the circ issue will be easier to work out. Good luck.
#92 of 96 Old 12-02-2005, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftykitty
Oh, sweetie... I just read your memorial page and I'm still crying. I can't even begin to imagine the pain you are feeling.

In answer to the question... it seems that maybe more is going here besides the circ issue? I personally wouldn't stay married to someone who was so forceful as to relentlessly demand a circ, but for many reasons. Have you and your dh gone to grief counseling together? Maybe something like that could help you two get back to being focused on eachother and really understanding eachother. Hopefully, with that help, the circ issue will be easier to work out. Good luck.
: Also, have you checked out the grief & loss forum here at MDC? It might have some helpful advice about how to get through the grief.
I also want to second the advice about talking to a counselor. It can help you immensely.
I never answered your op because I don't know how I'd react. I was lucky; my dh had no objections to leaving our ds intact.
#93 of 96 Old 12-02-2005, 09:18 PM
A&A

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Mama, how are you doing?

"Our task is not to see the future, but to enable it."
#94 of 96 Old 12-02-2005, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&A
Just FYI, she lost her toddler, not a pregnancy.

Mama, how are you doing?
Oh, noooo! Thanks for the info. I'll go edit my post.
#95 of 96 Old 12-03-2005, 01:28 PM

OP - I just read Jordana's memorial. I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. We found my DD unconcious in the pool when she was 2.5 yrs. Thankfully, she survived, but I wanted to pass along my most heartfelt condolences to you and your DH. I can't imagine having the strength to go on if our outcome had been different. I think grief counselling as a couple is a must, if you haven't already started.

As far as the original question, yes, I would let my DH divorce me over it. Like many others have mentioned, the day DH stops listening to what I have to say and research something that I find so very important, would the beginning of the end. If we can't communicate w/ each other and listen to what each other has to say, especially regarding something painful and permanent to our child, what kind of relationship do we have?
#96 of 96 Old 12-03-2005, 09:52 PM

girl138, I've been thinking about you. How are you and your DH doing?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page