Circumcision repair for my 16 month old son next Wednesday. - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 94 Old 12-12-2005, 06:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You're right, nd, but I have heard many parents say "I'm speaking out so this doesn't happen to another child."

I agree and can only hope with you about her next son. Or rather, that her next child will not be male, as I assume from her cultural context that she doesn't think that a famil history of gynecological problems should encourage labia removal for new female members of that family.
#92 of 94 Old 12-12-2005, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd_deadhead
What choice does she have? She could say "Boy, am I an idiot! I insisted my son be circ'ed, and now he's dead. It's all my fault".

Not everyone is strong enough to make that sort of admission - even to themselves. I only hope that if she has another son, she has the strength to do the right thing.
You know I think she will be VERY hard pressed to find a doctor willing to circ future children. I mean every DR in her city will know who she is and what happened to her first son.

I did say 'Boy I am an idiot I insisted my son be circ'ed It's all my fault' thankfully my son has not had any major problems. My second child, another son is intact. Maybe she will admit it to herself and she can become an advocate for leaving perfect little babies whole. One can hope

ETA: I guess I didnt insist on it but DH did and I did the 'I dont have a penis so its up to DH' copout come to realise DH doesnt have an intact penis either....double
#93 of 94 Old 12-12-2005, 07:37 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Shelley, I have the utmost admiration and respect for parents who DO have the strength to admit they made a mistake. I applaud you for putting your son's well-being before your own pride.

I do find it inconceivable that a parent could lose a child to circumcision, and still be willing to do it again. But I guess that need to not be wrong can be overwhelming.

If the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.

#94 of 94 Old 12-14-2005, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundersweet
They did use silver nitrate. Is that not standard? The only thing I remember was the doctor coming in and saying to us "he was bleeding alot, I'm not sure why but he is all fine now."
Freaking scary! From the write up on Ryleigh McWillis, the editor indicated:

A baby's body contains ~350ml of blood. 10% blood loss - 35ml, about a tablespoonful - is considered dangerous.

So when a doctor comes out with the above statement, I would be ready to rumble. :

Good luck with the attorney, and hopefully you can get a resolution from all of this Extra hug for you and your Mom for her medical issues, too

An Official, Approved Signatureâ¢

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page