Do your intact sons have lots of UTI's? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 104 Old 06-19-2006, 12:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 31 month old DS has not ever had any sort of infection of the urinary system, not penis, foreskin, bladder or kidney.

My brother, who is now 43 had infection after infection as a baby and toddler. Of course he also had a mother who listened when the doc told her to forcibly retract and clean at every diaper change :Puke
Even he managed to keep his foreskin once he was no longer sexually abused several times a day...

ETA: my DS was bottle fed formula and a probiotic with a small amount of my breastmilk the first 5 weeks and a small amount of donor breastmilk from 4 mo-16 mo.
#92 of 104 Old 06-19-2006, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie-dyed
That is, um, normal. Americans are freakish with their once or twice daily soap and water shower shampoo obsession.
Once or twice daily? Whew, I know I'm not typical. I shower every other day, sometimes I even skip two days. Shhh! Don't tell anyone. Don't worry, I have plenty of deoderant.

Ds, 21 months, has never had a UTI. When he takes a bath he sits and splashes in the water, I try to wash his hair and the visibly dirty spots. As for his penis, I only touch that if I'm wiping poop off the shaft.

~Nay

Reneé, 33 year old mom to Antonin 8/04 nocirc.gif and Arianna 9/06 gd.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif (6 weeks) 5/08. Married to Matt since 6/03 blowkiss.gif.  TTC a little rainbow rainbow1284.gifchartnew.gif http://www.FertilityFriend.com/home/4e4ac9 Currently in the 2WW 
#93 of 104 Old 06-19-2006, 01:28 PM

My son is 5 and has never had one.
My brother and my dad, both intact (I'm from Italy) have never mentioned anything like that. In fact, I've never heard of any guy/boy or their mom in Italy mentioning a UTI.

Ilaria mamma to Owen, Caroline & Patrick .... loving life as expats in Asia intactlact.gifnovaxnocirc.gifuc.jpgnamaste.gif
#94 of 104 Old 06-19-2006, 11:27 PM

Haven't read the replies yet, none of my boys have had any UTI's.
#95 of 104 Old 06-19-2006, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalymar
I was just talking to a friend of mine who said that her friend had to have her 7 and 8 yo sons circ'd because they kept getting UTI's and kidney infections. Is this common? She said it because of poor hygiene. She also said her mom is a family practitioner, and that circumcision is a good idea in this country because so many parents practice such poor hygiene that she sees 2 and 3 yo boys with their foreskins swollen shut. Huh? I'd be especially interested to hear from mamas who might have some ideas about how this progresses through adolescence and adulthood.
Oh, and I'd be willing to bet that the "poor hygene" in this country consists of screwing around with our boy's foreskins too much. I don't think that we are educated to leave them alone and what we are calling poor hygene is really too much hygene, so to speak. We aren't educated to leave it alone. By retracting to clean we are causing more problems. Duh.
#96 of 104 Old 06-19-2006, 11:34 PM

#97 of 104 Old 06-19-2006, 11:57 PM

My 3.5 and 2.5 year old intact sons have never had any UTIs. Neither have any of the other intact males that I know including my three brothers and pretty much all of my friends' children.
#98 of 104 Old 06-20-2006, 12:05 AM

No UTIs for our 13 month old son .
#99 of 104 Old 06-20-2006, 12:07 AM

My 6yo has never had any.

And the foreskin isn't connected to the kidneys duh. Bad doctors.

ME&treehugger.gifHE... loving our: wild.gifdd(18) ~~violin.gifds(13) read.gifdd(13)~~ peace.gifdd(10)

#100 of 104 Old 06-20-2006, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandyPawnee
But about the circumcision, it is true that it paves way to a much more hygienic condition. And there are loads of people who do it, to ensure proper hygiene.
Cut off your skin so you don't have to clean it (?!?!?!?!?!?)

"Proper?" You are right that there are loads of people who do it thinking this and unfortunately they are wrong. Foreskins are not hygiene problems. They simply aren't.

Shave your head or something if you want to do fewer bath chores--it'll work better and it won't cause permanent damage.

Foreskins are so easy to care for I just do not get what people are so AFRAID of!

ME&treehugger.gifHE... loving our: wild.gifdd(18) ~~violin.gifds(13) read.gifdd(13)~~ peace.gifdd(10)

#101 of 104 Old 06-20-2006, 12:58 AM

My ds is 5 yo and no UTIs.

Momma to three fine children, one that lives in my heart and two that live in my arms.
Circumcision is wrong, regardless of gender
#102 of 104 Old 06-20-2006, 09:15 PM

I am just convinced that forced retraction is the key to these supposed UTI's! Look at this thread. It's a small sample, yeah, but it's made up of parents who know not to retract their baby boys. I need to go back and count, but I know there have been VERY few 'yes' replies

~*Kristi*~
Tallulah Dare 8-01,  Marcos Gael 12-04, Cormac Mateo 9-09, Leonidas Ronan 11-11

#103 of 104 Old 06-20-2006, 09:20 PM

DS had one at age 4 months, but his ped said it was not related to being intact. He will be 6 soon and has never had any other problems.
#104 of 104 Old 06-20-2006, 09:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have two intact boys, ages 6 and 4, never forcibly retracted. No UTIs.

My dh is intact. He was born in Europe and then moved here (Canada), so I assume there's a good chance he wasn't forcibly retracted either. No UTIs that he remembers.

My bro is intact; I don't recall him having any medical issues either. He is 7 years younger than I am, and I don't remember him going to the hosp or being on medication for anything unexplained.

Now, my mom, who is female and not circumcised, gets them frequently. I think so, anyway. I remember her talking somewhat about it when I was a teen, and drinking a lot of cranberry juice and taking some kind of supplements to try and help.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page