Want help diferentiating between degrees of circumcision - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 55 Old 05-10-2006, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A few nights ago I asked to see dh's penis. I was curious (after reading about degrees of circ) if his would be consided "loose" or "tight". I have no idea. I couldn't tell. Maybe it's in between and that's why I can't tell. I need better descriptions to understand more.

TIA

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#2 of 55 Old 05-10-2006, 02:51 PM

i cant tell right now coz i am at work.

i think it was

www.circoncision.com

but it is in french (i think) but you can find the area if you poke around. it has pics of EVERY type of circ and intact.

Partner to :Jessica(??) papa to Jake(7) and : Kaiya (2)
#3 of 55 Old 05-10-2006, 03:04 PM

I saw the degrees of circ
Some loose circs can range from a partial circ foreskin covering over the glans

medium loose circ -foreskin can only be reached loosely to the edge of the back of the glans which means will bunch up when erect than just be "plain straight.

A tight circ could result either with skin tags, skin bridges and the fartherness of the color of the penis.

The farther the color is would mean it's a hight tight circ .
#4 of 55 Old 05-10-2006, 03:29 PM

through 'descriptions'

When Erect:

Partial covering of the head, or if the shaft skin reaches the base of the head you are Loose or somewhat Loose

If you can see the scar line on the shaft you are tight.

This is when erect.

If you saw mine when I am flacid you would think i am loose, but when erect the scar line is about an inch to an inch and a half away from the head, that means I am High and Tight.

The new skin that is growing is growing in front of the scar line, so now my circ is a lil 'odd' looking and hard to define as tight loose or moderate. But that is what it is 'by description'

#5 of 55 Old 05-10-2006, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshua
through 'descriptions'

When Erect:

Partial covering of the head, or if the shaft skin reaches the base of the head you are Loose or somewhat Loose

If you can see the scar line on the shaft you are tight.

This is when erect.

If you saw mine when I am flacid you would think i am loose, but when erect the scar line is about an inch to an inch and a half away from the head, that means I am High and Tight.

The new skin that is growing is growing in front of the scar line, so now my circ is a lil 'odd' looking and hard to define as tight loose or moderate. But that is what it is 'by description'
Hmmm...by these descriptions my DH here has a tight circ. I always thought of it mainly as how much skin you can pull up easily over the glans when erect. Am I completely wrong? Where is that coverage index link? I had my DH pegged as a CI-3 by that. Not super loose, but not tight either.

The skin is super bunched up behind the glans when flaccid...to the point where it is encroaching on the glans (especially on the part where the frenulum would have been---I think he's a little uneven and less circ'd on that side). There is some wrinkling when erect on the skin, but you can still plainly see the scar.

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

#6 of 55 Old 05-10-2006, 03:42 PM

my DP/SO thought I was loose too till we saw what loose really looked like.

I can pull skin up the shaft and over the glans when erect too, but I am high and tight. No coverage when erect and the skin is no where near the back of the glans when erect.

#7 of 55 Old 05-10-2006, 03:43 PM

http://www.newforeskin.biz/CI/CIchart.htm

Hey, I've got it bookmarked.

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

#8 of 55 Old 05-10-2006, 03:44 PM

wow, that site isnt blocked from my work! :0) i am IT so I monitor myself.

I am CI-2 I think.

#9 of 55 Old 05-10-2006, 03:46 PM

Quote:
my DP/SO thought I was loose too till we saw what loose really looked like.

I can pull skin up the shaft and over the glans when erect too, but I am high and tight. No coverage when erect and the skin is no where near the back of the glans when erect.
Well, I think where the scar line is has quite a lot of do with the proportion of inner to outer foreskin which was taken. Not necessarily how tight the circ is though.

Just look at those pics of loose/tight circs on the index page. The scars all seem to be around the same place. DH here has a scarline much lower, close to halfway.

#10 of 55 Old 05-10-2006, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

The pictures were really helpful.
Which ones on there were circ'd? (some are obvious, but not all)

I think my dh is somewhere in the CI-1 to CI-2 range.

So I have a stupid question- when a doctor/mohel is preforming a circ do they know what they are going to get? Or is it more like belly buttons to a degree?

Yosh- the link you sent me wasn't french. When I was looking around I found the forskin prosthesis. I have heard of it before, but never saw one. I wonder how effective they are. I wonder if dh would wear it.

~laura
#11 of 55 Old 05-10-2006, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246
The pictures were really helpful.
Which ones on there were circ'd? (some are obvious, but not all)

I think my dh is somewhere in the CI-1 to CI-2 range.

So I have a stupid question- when a doctor/mohel is preforming a circ do they know what they are going to get? Or is it more like belly buttons to a degree?

Yosh- the link you sent me wasn't french. When I was looking around I found the forskin prosthesis. I have heard of it before, but never saw one. I wonder how effective they are. I wonder if dh would wear it.

If you getyour husband to think about the prosthetic you might as well get him to restore. It takes 3 years or so, sometimes less.

I have been restoring off and on since early february and I have a little growth but the sensations have already increased, specially in the area where the frenulum is.

might ahve been the wrong link, I tried to do it from memory. THe link Christy gave has more pics than mine so hers is better anyways

#12 of 55 Old 05-10-2006, 04:10 PM

Quote:

might ahve been the wrong link, I tried to do it from memory. THe link Christy gave has more pics than mine so hers is better anyways
I couldn't find anything from that link you posted...if you find the right one please post it later. I actually have a really impressive stash of foreskin restoration links here. The funny thing is, DH was helping his dad do something on our computer, finding some links for him that he had stored and when he was trying to find his links my "circumcision/foreskin restoration" link folder popped up .

#13 of 55 Old 05-10-2006, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

As of right now his response to restoration is "hell no". If I were to get him to try the prosthesis and he were to experience positive things because of it then he *might* change his mind, but I doubt it.

~laura
#14 of 55 Old 05-10-2006, 04:17 PM

Quote:
As of right now his response to restoration is "hell no". If I were to get him to try the prosthesis and he were to experience positive things because of it then he *might* change his mind, but I doubt it.
Is he open to reading more up on it? I focused on the increased sensations and what other restored men had written up as the difference, and how sex would be easier/improved...it probably took 2-3 years before he was really comfortable with the idea. So don't give up!

#15 of 55 Old 05-10-2006, 05:42 PM

Well, all this talk about restoring always gets me thinking.

I think dh is a c-1, and right now I can't really approach him about it, I'm waiting for an opportunity, but I'll always have to tread carefully. All the talk about restoring with some foreskin there makes me feel very sad that I don't think he really has any.

I'm not sure about the circumstances behind dh's circ-- he is Jewish, but I'm not sure he had a Mohel or a circ at the hospital.

Is there any 'typical' Jewish circumcision-- or is it across the board just as hospital circs are???

I know I've heard both mention that in the US there is a 'requirement' for glans exposure (which was just mentioned in brief once) and also comments that in Israel, circumcisions are looser.

Any thoughts???

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#16 of 55 Old 05-10-2006, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatchristy
Is he open to reading more up on it? I focused on the increased sensations and what other restored men had written up as the difference, and how sex would be easier/improved...it probably took 2-3 years before he was really comfortable with the idea. So don't give up!
He pretty much thinks I'm nuts. . .but hey- he has never stood in my way when I wanted to do something (induce lactation, have an unassisted birth, have a homebirth- well NOW he stands in the way of UC, but that's a long story). The only thing is it would take a lot of effort on his part, so he needs to be commited. I guess I should get more info and see if he'd read more.

OH- my kid's wrecking the place. . .

~laura
#17 of 55 Old 05-10-2006, 06:25 PM

Quote:
He pretty much thinks I'm nuts. . .but hey- he has never stood in my way when I wanted to do something (induce lactation, have an unassisted birth, have a homebirth- well NOW he stands in the way of UC, but that's a long story). The only thing is it would take a lot of effort on his part, so he needs to be commited. I guess I should get more info and see if he'd read more.

OH- my kid's wrecking the place. . .
Here he doesn't think I'm nuts...maybe a little quirky...but he knows that my strongest personality trait is searching for the truth. I don't really care what society does...I do what I research to be right and what I believe is right. He actually appreciates my approach to life though, and it has benefited us all as a family. I like to use my brain and consider myself a lifelong learner.

Anyhow, if you have the husband who would do anything to make you happy (aka tolerate your womanliness ) there are major advantages to that. I think I have the same issue here with my DH, though he has agreed to restore it takes a LOT of effort on his part. And, he is a really busy guy. He would have to make it a priority.

So, there are always ways you can "help" him along with manual stretching. I mean, seriously, you could do it on your own to him in a pleasurable way. Just use your imagination. And, yes it does work...it might work to the point where he starts to notice and then says...hmmm...I never felt that before, or that was different (in a good way). Bring that up as an option...that is how we've been starting here, though DH tells me he plans on making a big effort one he takes his vacation time and reads up more! I just wish he would spend less time watching sports and more time reading about this . He is the type who watches ANY sport which is on TV, which means EVERY DAY he is watching something. :

#18 of 55 Old 05-10-2006, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

I don't really know much about actually restoring, but doesn't it involve lots of tugging? That's something he can do WHILE watching sports (if he's like some guys I know he might already have his hand in the area anyway ). He can use restoration as an excuse to watch more sports.

~laura
#19 of 55 Old 05-10-2006, 07:02 PM

usually you use a device. I use a film canister tied to one of my old neck ties. And it really stretches itself. there is more info on it, if your husband gets interested I can feed more info on it.

It really is just a matter of having the time to do it. takes 3-10 hours a day for 2-3 years.

#20 of 55 Old 05-10-2006, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter

3-10 hours a day! What can you do while doing it?

~laura
#21 of 55 Old 05-10-2006, 07:13 PM

anything you want. i usually clean.

some people do it while at work. all you do is tape your shaft skin to something and tie that something around your waist or down the pant leg.

put on your pants and walk carefully.

#22 of 55 Old 05-10-2006, 07:14 PM

takes 10 minutes to cut it off and 2 or 3 years to grow it back.

#23 of 55 Old 05-10-2006, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Can it be done in your sleep?

~laura
#24 of 55 Old 05-10-2006, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Is there any reason why you shouldn't do it for longer than 10 hours?

~laura
#25 of 55 Old 05-10-2006, 07:19 PM

i only do it for 5 hours at a time. It gets.... irritating. not painful.

Some men have said they got stretchmarks. I am taking my time with my restoration because my penis is vauluable to me and I would like to avoid stretch marks.

I stretch every 2 or 3 days for 5-8 hours at a time.

You are not trying to stretch the skin, you are trying to promote new cell growth. So my 'theory' is to not 'stretch' it more than I have to so I get growth.

#26 of 55 Old 05-10-2006, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Can it be done in your sleep?

I wouldnt advise it. I fell asleep with my stretcher on and woke up with an erection. It was not the best feeling trying to get an erect glans out of a film canister.... it barely fits in there flaccid.

there are some tuggers you can buy online, but i am worried about jolting in my sleep and pulling it to hard. I don't advise it.

#27 of 55 Old 05-10-2006, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

So you don't strech every day?

~laura
#28 of 55 Old 05-10-2006, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

Ooh- and what about when you have to pee?- is there a hole in the canister or do you take the whole apparatus off every time?

~laura
#29 of 55 Old 05-10-2006, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

And does it matter WHAT skin you are promoting growth in? Do you have to be careful to get the same skin every time?

~laura
#30 of 55 Old 05-10-2006, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Ooh- and what about when you have to pee?- is there a hole in the canister or do you take the whole apparatus off every time?
I made a hole in it for just that purpose. Know what happened? A large mess.

I take it off when I have to goto the bathroom now.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page