"If you don't have something on your car, what are you doing here?" - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 103 Old 09-25-2006, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've thought about the car bumper sticker, but the circ rate in my town is only about 7%, so whats the point.
#92 of 103 Old 09-25-2006, 01:00 PM

i will be ordering a bumber sticker next paycheck hopefully. i also need a breastfeeding one.

i love the literature idea.
nocirc.com or whatever it was (linked in this thread)has some pamphlets you can print out.

i have no son but this is important. it makes me cry everytime i see a circ'd boy.

courtney

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#93 of 103 Old 09-25-2006, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipity22 View Post
I've thought about the car bumper sticker, but the circ rate in my town is only about 7%, so whats the point.
Wow, that's a very low rate. What state/country are you from?

Jen
#94 of 103 Old 09-25-2006, 05:21 PM

I have bumper stickers, which I doubt are ever going to get used. I have:

White on blue: (Cute baby picture) Circumcision Harms. Protect Children. www.circumcision.org

White on maroon: Full-sized means not circum-sized (smaller, blue on white underneath): Find out why at www.nocirc.org

White sticker, blue circle on the left with a cute yellow ducky in it. Text: Circumcision is quackery! www.NOCIRC.org (This one's my favorite. )

But, I'd be willing to trade for a removeable window cling, so I could actually USE it! My PM box is perpetually almost full so don't be surprised if it bounces, try email.
#95 of 103 Old 09-25-2006, 05:25 PM

Thanks for the call out! I am having a girlfriend who works at Target Copy make me a couple! I asked my bro who rides with me frequently if he would be wierded out by it. His answer... NO, I have my foreskin!!
#96 of 103 Old 10-03-2006, 01:08 AM

This thread inspired me to get a sticker.. I've now got one that says-
"If MEN were MEANT to have FORESKINS we'd be BORN with them" and a picture of scissors next to it.

~Stephanie )O(

DS- 07/01 & DD- 09/05 & DD- 12/07 & DS- 10/13

#97 of 103 Old 10-03-2006, 12:39 PM

I love this one. Do you think it's too harsh?

here

I did a post on my blog about circ, and most people justified it using that puny excuse.

oh, they don't have a sticker with that design. shoot.

Just your typical non-theistic, liberal, blended family.

Thank you, Mothering, for the past twelve years of support and community. I look forward to many more.
rocks.jpggrouphug.gif

#98 of 103 Old 10-03-2006, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan's Mom View Post
I love you all.

Mommyswenn, kidliam, Tellebear and pdx.mothernuture you guys make me laugh and think. Thank you.
Thank YOU! You just made my day.

I also wanted to update:

Mil has seen the sticker several times now, with no comment. The closest she came was when she said, "I will bite my tongue for just about everything when it comes to family..." (and then went on to tell me about why she couldn't, in that situation, keep quiet )

My dh didn't put the sticker on my bumper. He felt it would be too low and hard to see. He put it above the bumper, on the liftgate (that's what the display calls it, when I don't close it all the way ) -- RIGHT ON THE PAINT. For my dh that is HUGE. Just another reason to love him.

I've had only one comment so far, but it was a positive one! I've seen a few people read it, but usually can't tell what their reaction is. Oh except for the woman at my doc's office who was there with her not quite 2 week old son having him cut. : She got back in her car (parked next to me) and shot me a dirty look. Whatever.

As for other friends/family members -- no one who has seen it has mentioned it. This was a worry for me as well (I've seen a few posters mention this) but either they already know how I feel about it and aren't surprised, or else they've decide it isn't something they need to take it personally. I guess my bil made a comment to my sil (he's pro-circ, but at least they only have a girl right now) but she told him he wasn't allowed to say anything to me. : I wish she wouldn't have said that -- I could have filled him in then. Oh well -- maybe if he thinks about the sticker long enough he'll come around before they get pregnant again.
#99 of 103 Old 10-03-2006, 03:29 PM

I don't put any bumperstickers on my car. I would use a magnet or something though

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#100 of 103 Old 10-03-2006, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyswenn View Post
My dh didn't put the sticker on my bumper. He felt it would be too low and hard to see. He put it above the bumper, on the liftgate (that's what the display calls it, when I don't close it all the way ) -- RIGHT ON THE PAINT. For my dh that is HUGE. Just another reason to love him.
Ours wouldn't be seen on the bumper either. We put mine on the bottom driver's side of my truck's back window - I always keep the tailgate down to save on gas milage.
#101 of 103 Old 10-03-2006, 08:39 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I am bumper stickerless because we only have one car and its the one dh had before we were married (I also don't even have a driver's license, so I never drive it) I'm dying to put a sticker on that says, "foreskin is not a birth defect" but dh would never go for that.. he's pro circ *puke* (don't worry.. if we ever have a son you'd have to pry him from my cold dead body to circ him, and dh can just deal with it)

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#102 of 103 Old 10-03-2006, 10:56 PM

I put my bumber sticker on a while ago and have had no comments I am all worked up with nocirc fliers and everything....
#103 of 103 Old 10-04-2006, 12:08 AM

mine has only been on my car for about 2 weeks or so and I keep getting comments, and only good ones so far!

R~mama to 3

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page